Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

by Privy

Exit Pop Ups, Email Marketing, Text, Upsell & Cart Recovery

Rogue Revival

Privy has been charging me an erroneous $50 usage fee on TOP of the $20 fee for the past 6 months. Extremely dissatisfied....

Lexi Hub

Just downloaded this last night and it is fairly simple to use however I keep sending myself a test email with a sign up code and each time after a few seconds a message pops up saying "This message no longer exists" and disappears from my Inbox. If this happened to my customers I would be furious and they would lose confidence in my brand. It would do the opposite to what it is supposed to achieve.
I do not recommend and certainly would not pay to upgrade.
For some reason, I am even having difficulty leaving this feedback. the same window keeps popping up. Why is that?

ARM Enterprises, Inc.

It is clunky and never seems to work, emails are never sent, and customer service is lacking. I am going to look for another option.

Brooklyn Equipment

Privy is stealing the customer and order data and sending it to marketers website. Here is the proof ( note, we DO NOT have a big commerce website):
I found some major issues in the console partial page load.

The App Privy has a larger Payload than Facebook and has been throwing all kinds of render blocking issues in the search console. I did some digging and
Basically they are stealing every data point and customer information detail, info about your store, orders and who knows what else and sending it out to several APIs. This is bad news and has been slowing down the site for some time.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 4.43.21 AM.png

Here is their full execution

They are sending sensitive info like this on every user page load or add to cart: https://brooklyn-equipment.com/cart.js?Dyo8o6fYTacbWPfPY=1

Turns out they are sending your data to be remarketed, they could even be sending emails right after people visit, idk.

1. dp1.33across.com
2. loadus.exelator.com & loadm.exelator.com & load77.exelator.com

3. cm.g.doubleclick.net

4. ps.eyeota.net

5. secure.adnxs.com

6. l.sharethis.com

Here are screen shots images showing the API connection tracking:

DO NOT USE THIS APP

-------

After the developer answer we did more research and we found 3rd party confirmations that we are not imagining things.
Here is more stuff to read:

-----
read other reviews too, we are not the only ones with this concern

August 19, 2020

Hi - yikes. Hate to see an experience like this. We took a look at the files you shared with our developers, just to triple check.

Just to be 100% clear, Privy does not steal customer or order data, or use that for any purpose other than providing the functionality of our service, directed by you the merchant while building campaigns using Privy's marketing software.

The bigcommerce code you shared only runs on bigcommerce stores. It's only purpose is to support certain features within Privy like targeting and abandoned carts. No data is shared to bigcommerce.

Also, we don't load or redirect to any of the links you posted. The only service we incorporate of the ones you listed is share this. sharethis simply powers the sharing tools you can add to your privy popup and landing pages, that help your visitors easily share your store's website to their networks.

And the screenshots you share in the link don't really articulate your concern.

We take privacy seriously. We'd be happy to take a deeper look if you reach out directly through live chat support or by emailing support@privy.com directly.

We'd love to help drive confidence and point you in the right direction on this.

KJandMe

Cannot get my pop up to work and am convinced that during the free trial nothing works to force you to upgrade

MotorsportMaps

Way too difficult to use. App takes you out of the Shopify interface and forces you to use their UI. Poorly designed and convoluted.

LINE10 Tools

This app will slow down your website, even after removing it, it leaves behind so much code, worst app support ever

AestheticNation

We haven't really used Privy but tested by installing the application multiple times. This app after 10days of installation sends an email stating we have utilized the maximum free installation. In short, they are still crawling information from our website for no reason.

This plugin is not advised if you are concerned about your customer database.

Ma Petite Mer

I used this app for 3 months. Integration fails and Privy script breaks my store. Abandoned carts stopped working. The customer support is terrible - they are not helpful at all. After wasting 3 months, I'm moving to another app.

Alex Skeffington

I used this app for almost two years, so I definitely gave it my best shot. Unfortunately this app gave me nothing but a headache for the past two years. The customer service wasn’t helpful at all, now when I have finally unsubscribed from this app, now customer service wants to talk to me.... absolutely ridiculous. Side note: the customization is terrible and the abandoned carts don’t work. Tried getting help with that for a year. Save your money and a headache. Wish I did.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 37 38