Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

by BOLD

Upsell, Cross-sell with Smart Funnels before & AFTER checkout!

Snoofield

It's a scam. Firs time I leave a review on a Shopify app.
Only appear 1 time on 5.
First plan is 10$/month for 200 views which is absolutely ridiculous.
Don't recommend at all.

Stretch It Body Jewellery

We got sales from this app, no doubt about that. But this app destroyed my loads times, even worse if you cleared your cookies and browser history the site appeared quick for the first few pages loads until the bold app scripts did something. And this was happening on even the collection pages where the app was doing nothing in terms of functionality.

I hired a speed optimisation expert and he thought it could be the app. He deleted the app and any leftover code and the site went from loading 6-7 seconds on most occasions down to less than 2 seconds!!!

I've had this installed for probably over a year and I'm embarrassed I didn't spot this. Conversions rates are through the roof so I'd dread to think how much revenue this app has cost me over the year. I don't usually write reviews but something needs doing, Shopify shouldn't allow this.

May 28, 2019

Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm deeply sorry to hear about the issues that you faced with the Upsell app - our app specialists have reached out to you to, I hope that we're able to discuss this and come to a suitable resolution. After all, we're always striving to improve our apps, so your feedback is absolutely appreciated.

Strangeshirts

Don't waste your time can't do what it says it does without you buying pretty much all the Bold apps $$$

I was told I would have to uninstall all the apps that i have been using for the past 2 years on over 150 products, just so i can get the upsell app to select more than one option.

Also was told that there's not enough data for the bold brain, even though we have been online for 2 years with almost 3000 sales... not sure how much more data you need for something that's supposed to be smarter than me...

May 28, 2019

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of our app.I'm deeply sorry to hear about that you weren't satisfied with our app - our apps specialists have reached out, and I hope that we're able to come to a resolution. Thank you so much.

GreenPlanetCraft

Pro: Staffs are friendly and helpful
Cons:
.No support 24/7. The wait was long (My store was paused 3 days because I needed this app and already paid for it)
.30/200 views were just for figuring out if the app was working.
.Charge per view was unfair since it doesn't guarantee sales
.App was not very responsive. Took it long enough before it is loaded and customers may have skipped to cart already.
.Should add more features like more title characters
=> Overall, ClickFunnel offers cross-sell and upsell with email support and more for the same cost. Here if you get more than 5000 views you will get charged like $90. Clickfunnel charges $97 for unlimited views (so they are technically the same thing but ClickFunnel offers more)

May 28, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of our apps. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with some of our features, but I can assure you that we're always striving to make our apps work as best possible for all our users - so your feedback helps greatly. If there's any more that we can do to help in the future, please feel free to contact our support team and we'll be more than happy to help however we can.

thatcoolcard

I bought this app and it didn't work. I contacted support and they said they would fix my installation, but it never worked even after waiting 24 hours. I ended up losing 2 days of upsells during a promotion for valentine's day and waiting for them to make it work. Ended up uninstalling on day 3 and buying another app.

Sea Witch Botanicals

Not sure if it's in the installation or what, but this app wouldn't show the upsell module, and prevented customers from adding to their cart. Other apps, such as the recurring payments won't work either (after professional installation).

TL;DR: This app cost me not only time, but also sales.

Artsify Cases

Worst app ever. Upsells are hard to setup. It was terrible making my website super slow. Even after I uninstalled my website was super slow. Probably lost several sales because of them. After i finally reviewed my website I was fortunate to find the code they leave. Right after I took off their code the website was fast again and sales started coming in... I should charge them for a week of no sales!!!!!

Playing Card Decks

Froze checkout on my store for a whole day until I noticed, maybe lost $1,000 in sales. Deactivated the app and a few days later I noticed my check out not working again, finally deleted and check out now working again. Tech support is useless. Install at your own risk.

Teeplusplusclth

NOT RECOMMENDING! Hard to setup, frustrating product searching capabilities (if you have big store you have to go through all the products). Non-intuitive, frustrating - and I couldn't get to trigger the cross-sell on mobile when it should be on by default.

The Otaku Box Shop

None of Bolds apps will correctly install on my (brand new) Shopify store. They all sit in an infinite loop, or give me a "whoops, something went wrong" error.

Previous 1 3 4