Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

Bold Upsell ‑ Upsell Smarter

by BOLD

Upsell, Cross-sell with Smart Funnels before & AFTER checkout!

Professionalism1

This shit doesn't let me cancel my subscription. Something like this never happened to me before. It says that my next charge is in 2 days, but it doesn't let me cancel it. It's unreal and very stupid.

December 9, 2019

Hi there! One of our app specialists, Tim, has reached out to you already, but I just wanted to let you know that in order to avoid being charged after the trial, you just need to delete our app from your Apps section within Shopify's admin!

We hope that helps. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

HMB, Inc.

TL;DR; If you plan to ever make updates to your products, this app will break and you'll have to start from scratch.

I've only had the app for about a month and twice in this time period, my product upsells have randomly stopped working. I've had to reach out to support twice now and I feel like I have to constantly police the app to make sure it works. In many cases, I've made no updates to the products, but been accused of doing so (including in the response to this review). and told that's why the app has broken.

Quite frankly though, even if I made changes to product descriptions or pricing, that's not a good reason for the app to break.

This means that the app is not dynamic, which is super surprising to me. What if someone needs to mass update pricing? Shopify allows users to mass update products via CSVs for a reason - because it's required by many of their users. A premium paid app should support this functionality. There is a reason Shopify set it up so that the handle is treated as a unique identifier... so that users can make updates to products without things breaking.

Also, if you have a lot of unique upsells (we have 50+), it's super time consuming to set up the upsells. You have to collapse and uncollapse fields to set up triggers, and the search function for filtering is very unreliable. Lots of unnecessary UI design on the backend that slows things down for the user.

All-in-all there is much work to be done on this product. I'm not sure how it has such good ratings?

If you're only planning to use this product for 10 or fewer products, it's probably ok though.

December 5, 2019

Hello there, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your experiences with the app. I'm very sorry you have been experiencing some troubles with our Upsell app - I want to assure you that having to constantly watch the app is not something you should need to do.

Because each offer is unique, it unfortunately does take a bit of time to set them up. However, there is an option to duplicate your offers! That way, if you're making similar offers, you can easily duplicate & adjust the conditions so that it saves a bit of time.

Regarding the offers not working, that shouldn't be the case unless any changes have been made to the offer product since creating the offer, or it's out of stock. As well as if your plan's view limit has been reached.

I hope this clears things up! Please don't hesitate to respond to our most recent email, and we'd be glad to discuss things further with you if you'd like.

goTIELESS

Careful installing ANY BOLD App!! They add a ton of code. We have been down all week. The apps do not all talk to each other, a lot of features are not intuitive, and URGENT in the BOLD world, is now 6 DAYS!! When they work they are great, but when they don't it is a nightmare!

October 21, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to apologize for the delay in getting all of your apps properly integrated and working on your store; that's certainly not how we like our merchants to experience when they contact our support team.

It looks like Eric has answered your most recent questions in regards to different apps and the checkout limitations. We hope that the solutions offered will align with your business' needs, as we are unfortunately limited when it comes to other third-party apps.

Again, we are very sorry for the frustration this has caused you; we certainly did not want you to have a bad experience with us, and hope we can turn that around.

HeroDry

"Upsell smarter" Yea sure by making me download more and more apps to do one simple thing - to create the actual offer to use. All of these apps just slows down the page. Don't download if your not looking for headaches.

October 16, 2019

Hi there - we'd love to hear more about the issue you're having with Upsell so we can get everything working properly for you! Would you mind emailing back to our customer service rep as soon as is convenient for you, so we can further look into this issue!

Our apps shouldn't affect your website's speed, and we'd really like to get to the bottom of this for you so you can continue doing what you do best!

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get everything up and running for you again.

Carnés Natural™

The worst customer service in the world! Οur store had to be open on Monday, but we are still waiting for Bold support to respond. We lost 12 days on this app. We sent a message before the installation to cancel it because we didn't have time, but instead, they proceeded with the installation of the code. They duplicated our theme to install the app code, they renamed the one to Bold Upsell and installed the code to the Other one. Now we don't know which one is the original and we're waiting for the support team to remove the code. (5 days now).

September 16, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the mix-up, as I can completely empathize with how much it affected your store's launch. Unfortunately due to the mix-up, our team had installed the app's code rather than removed it.

We had hoped to discuss the situation over the phone with you, however couldn't reach you. I just wanted to let you know that as of September 10, the code has been successfully removed from your themes.

Again, I just wanted to apologize profusely for the issues this has caused your store. It's certainly not what we want our merchants to experience while they are using our apps.

Ring to Perfection

BE AWARE. We have tried to make this app work for the past ten days but only with issues. It does not work well with some other apps we have on our store and worse, when we disabled all functions and removed the upsell offers, it still proceeded to checkout via bold's checkout process so that they would collect 0.5% of income on more than $2200 of our transfers. When reaching out to the support staf we've been told we could not be reimbursed. There are better after-checkout-upsells apps that this available, do not use!

Twisted Gear Inc

I’m sure the app is fine. Unfortunately the customer service is terrible! Really don’t recommend this app if the device is this bad early on.

August 27, 2019

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and this feedback. We apologize for the potential miscommunication - it appears as though you may have not received an email from our installation specialist, Taylor, last Tuesday.

A couple of our other specialists have followed up with you and we hope you are receiving our emails! In the case that they haven't gone through properly, feel free to let me know here and I'll be able to relay that to our specialists.

We hope to hear from you so we can get everything sorted out properly! We'd love to be able to help you out with the installation and get the app working for you so you can see if it's right for your store.

Tiny Fantasy Land

Yikes this app kills your site load speed. i just noticed this after the 1st day of installing it now i have to go back and remove junk from this app. The app is super clunky and this is just awful.

August 19, 2019

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear that this app was not satisfactory for you. I noticed our app specialist reached out to let you know we could look into the speed issues for you, as our app shouldn't cause any noticeable delays on your store.

We completely understand that you have decided to remove the app as you found it was not easy to manage. We wish you the best of luck, and will always be here to help should you decide to give the app another shot!

Snoofield

It's a scam. Firs time I leave a review on a Shopify app.
Only appear 1 time on 5.
First plan is 10$/month for 200 views which is absolutely ridiculous.
Don't recommend at all.

Stretch It Body Jewellery

We got sales from this app, no doubt about that. But this app destroyed my loads times, even worse if you cleared your cookies and browser history the site appeared quick for the first few pages loads until the bold app scripts did something. And this was happening on even the collection pages where the app was doing nothing in terms of functionality.

I hired a speed optimisation expert and he thought it could be the app. He deleted the app and any leftover code and the site went from loading 6-7 seconds on most occasions down to less than 2 seconds!!!

I've had this installed for probably over a year and I'm embarrassed I didn't spot this. Conversions rates are through the roof so I'd dread to think how much revenue this app has cost me over the year. I don't usually write reviews but something needs doing, Shopify shouldn't allow this.

May 28, 2019

Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm deeply sorry to hear about the issues that you faced with the Upsell app - our app specialists have reached out to you to, I hope that we're able to discuss this and come to a suitable resolution. After all, we're always striving to improve our apps, so your feedback is absolutely appreciated.

Previous 1 3 4 5