2.3
October 31, 2020

So you get barcodes, but sadly, they don't work for Google or Amazon...so only for shopify. Wish it was different.

Love on Haight
Almost 2 years using the app
Shopify replied November 4, 2020

Thank you for this feedback. Retail Barcode Labels creates 8-digit product barcodes that can be scanned and used in retail locations. Whereas the UPC codes required by Google and Amazon operate slightly differently. To learn more about how these codes are used on Google, please check out this document: https://bit.ly/3oVwf4c. Equally, this Amazon resource: https://amzn.to/3621odn is helpful, too.

I also recommend looking over this document (https://bit.ly/3mNmSl9) for more details on adding UPC codes to products in Google Shopping, as well as this document (https://bit.ly/364nCLM) that refers to this same process on Amazon.

I'll follow up with you via email so we can discuss this further! - Rae

March 7, 2019

I've had two issues with using this app since loading it to Shopify. One, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter and select just the items that haven't already had barcodes created. And two, if you use a standard printer with sticker tags on sheets- there is no way to select where on the sheet you want to start printing from. These two issues make it much harder to efficiently use the app.

HOMEBASE610
Shopify replied April 23, 2019

Thank you for this feedback! You can filter your products by items that do not currently have barcodes created. The steps to do so are listed here: http://bit.ly/2GDcv19.

As for your second point, this is a limitation of the app and I have provided this feedback on to our developers. We are constantly striving to better our tools and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback.

I’ve reached out to you via email to provide any further support and receive any further feedback you may have, I hope to hear from you soon. -Bo, Shopify Support

Edited January 22, 2020

You have to "create" the barcode at least 2-3 times before a barcode is actually populated. It wastes a lot of time.

Common Coast
Shopify replied February 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us!

The expected workflow is that you'll only need to create the barcode once and then can print it anytime you need new labels. I'd like to review the steps that are causing you to have to repeat your actions to help streamline your workflow.

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can continue to chat about what you're seeing! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

April 24, 2021

Borderline useless. It doesn't have my Dymo label size and doesn't let me use metafields or even a range of Shopify fields. Like many Shopify features it seems to have been designed without much user experience input.

Quarantunes
Shopify replied April 30, 2021

Hi, there! Thank you for leaving your feedback. Supported label sizes can be found here: https://bit.ly/3e6Olgg. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our development team in hopes that we may be able to add further customization down the road. -Oliver, Shopify Support

July 15, 2023

App doesn't work anymore. App worked perfect until last week. Now it won't load, and we can't make new labels or print any. The app will not open anymore.

Zich Zach
Netherlands
About 1 year using the app
Shopify replied August 9, 2023

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns. Based on some tests, the app is working as expected and perhaps is caching on your end. Please clear your cache and cookies to resolve the issue, but reach out to us directly if it persists here: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Olivia, Shopify Support

March 6, 2021

Barcodes print on label with half the number and +11 have emailed shopify to help fix it and not luck. I think it woul dbe good if glitch can be fixed.

SUP2
New Zealand
Shopify replied March 8, 2021

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry to hear that you've had this issue and not received the help you needed, as this is something that should not be happening with the app.

I would recommend trying to contact our support team again, either via a callback or by live chat, so that you can be authenticated on the store and this issue can be investigated in more detail. A member of our team should be able to take a look at the app to try and determine what is causing this problem. You can reach out to them at: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

August 3, 2020

I am totally and utterly disappointed by this app. We used it for about a year or so, and it seems to be OK until, it started generating duplicate barcodes. What an utter nightmare. I mean it just needs to do ONE THING. JUST ONE THING - unique barcodes. And it manages to create duplicates. I rang up support, and was told this was "known" If it was know - this is a critical defect!. It shouldn't be that hard to create unique codes. That's what computers are really really good at doing. Please fix this.

alfaberry
Shopify replied August 12, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with the Retail Barcode Labels app but thank you for notifying us of this problem here. I'd like to take a closer look and see if there's anything else we can do to troubleshoot this issue, so I will be sending an email to you shortly to discuss this with you further if you're still looking for help. Please get back to me there if that is the case. -Victor, Shopify Support

January 22, 2023

Not compatible with Google and not recognised by https://www.barcodelookup.com/ making products unable to sync with Google!!

OHEMA OHENE AFRICAN INSPIRED FASHION
Shopify replied February 28, 2023

Hey, there. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review for our app. Just to clarify, Retail Barcode Labels is built for the Shopify Platform, and was not built as an integration tool with it's labels for third party platforms. Google may use it's own labels and codes, like GTINs, for example, which they have already determined and you can attach to your products via the Google Sales Channel and your Google Merchant Center Account. I'm happy to pass your feedback regarding having the labels generated by Shopify's app integrate with other platforms. I can't say what the result of your feedback may be, but you can rest assured that the feedback has been passed along. -Imogen, Shopify Support

June 11, 2021

TLDR: This cost me a good bit of manual effort to recover from an overly ambitious action taken by the app. Be warned, if you want to mix barcodes with some of your products having externally assigned barcodes and some having generated barcodes, be sure to take backups regularly. This has an option to overwrite ALL barcodes that have not been automatically generated. Meaning this will wipe out ALL externally assigned barcodes from all products without a warning or confirmation. This was done by an employee, as there is no way to prevent it through permissions. I want the employee to be able to create new barcodes, but not overwrite the entire database of barcodes. Seems like this would be a valuable option to add. FYI, recovery was not simple, We had 10 days worth of heavy turnover since our last backup. Luckily, I was able to code up a solution to recover the older barcodes for the pre-existing barcodes, but the newer entries where a total loss. We had to manually rescan 400+ products to recover. One would think that shopify would have thought this one out a little more, and that they would offer a free backup scheduling app for when things go badly. Not really impressed.

Yeet Street Discs
Shopify replied June 19, 2021

Hey, there. Sorry to hear about the issues caused by the overwrite and we'd be happy to share your experience with our developers, so that your suggestions can be taken into consideration for future developments.

As for backing up, there are a couple of options you can consider - you can export a copy of your products to a CSV file (https://bit.ly/3wCodAB) or use a third-party app, like Rewind Backups (https://bit.ly/3vBrb7f), which is capable of scheduled backups.

Thanks again for taking the time and sharing these suggestions with us. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

June 22, 2020

I have used this for years now and am getting super frustrated for the past 6 months. I have to "create barcodes" for new inventory multiple times before it actually creates the barcode. It has been becoming a waste of lots of time. Loved it in the beginning tho, so not sure what has happened/changed since

Violet Rose Boutique
Shopify replied July 3, 2020

Thank you for writing your review, and I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue in the past few months. I'd like to take a closer look at this for you to see if I can help diagnose and troubleshoot this problem, so I will be sending you an email to learn more about the issue. Please look out for that and get back to me there if you'd like some assistance with this. -Victor, Shopify Support