Route ‑ Shipping Insurance

Route ‑ Shipping Insurance

by RouteApp LLC

One-Click Shipping Insurance

Gadget Trybe

It doesn't work in my store and I have been reminding customer support for a month to fix it. And I still only get promises that they will look at it soon. Therefore, I ask how reliable they are in the claims settlement if they fail in this?

1of1 Card Shop

This is the app everyone needs; no joke. Insuring orders was what I had always needed and voluntary insurance was NOT the way to go. State Farm, All State would not insure any packages and the only way to feel secure sending USPS was to send registered mail which is a hassle.

Insert the Route App. On average my store will charge my customers $0.98 per transaction ($50 purchase) to guarantee delivery to their doorstep. If its not delivered, if its lost or if its damaged they get a refund, a re order or store credit.

Along with the technology the customer service is second to none. Installed the app on a Saturday and needed help implementing and was greeted by several emails saying they "had it covered Monday". Monday rolled along and at 5am eastern I was ready to go along with a phone call saying thank you for the download.

To say this solution is a big help is an understatement. Cant wait to explain the value add in an email to all of my customer base.

-Steve

Strolleria

A company that will pay for all your customers' lost, stolen and damaged packages at no cost to you? If it sounds too good to be true, it might be. Over six weeks, Route paid five claims for lost and stolen packages. But our first damage claim—and more importantly, the company's handling of it—caused us to deactivate the app.

We sell luxury baby gear, so the safety and integrity of our products is of the utmost importance. A customer contacted Route when her $1,400 product arrived with a 3-foot gash and numerous holes in the box, which resulted in scratches and dents. Route tersely informed her that she was not eligible for a replacement or refund because the damages were "only cosmetic," not functional. Route instead offered a $150 refund, which would not come close to covering the cost of replacement parts. The customer was outraged and is planning to file a chargeback against us, which would quickly erase the financial gains we made with Route.

Route's website makes no mention to customers or retailers that claims may be only partially covered. Prior to implementation, the sales rep assured us repeatedly that Route does not meddle in the details of claims—he said their goal is to make these claims easy for both us and the customer. In reality, they are asking customers to file police reports for any lost item over $100, and their team is arguing with customers about the value of damaged products. Plus, our account manager on multiple occasions threatened to raise our rate from 1% to 3% because we had five claims in six weeks. Route will work for you some of the time or hopefully, even most of the time. But for us, the benefits did not outweigh the risk to our customer satisfaction and company reputation.

Harddy

Great idea and eventually will very likely be good. In the current version, it caused more problems than it solved.

The integration is done by adding a product to your inventory, which they don't tell you. This means that any dynamic product display could potentially show the the insurance product. We immediately saw it in our dynamic ads, recommended product widgets, also bought widgets, new products, trending products, and in our automated emails. There are some workarounds for parts of this, but not all.

The one claim we had failed because the customer contacted us first and needed immediate help.

The new widget is defaulted to "on" so it's automatically added to the customers bill unless they turn it off. After a few customer complaints about this, we had to disable the app. (There isn't actually a way to disable the app, I added css display: none and put the product out of stock)

Support is slow to respond and does not do much to actually solve problems. For an app that would ideally lead the way for our customer support, this was a bad sign. User experience and ultimately reviews mean everything to our business, so is just isn't worth the risk for us.

My Supplement Store

Love Route shipping insurance. It's really a win win for businesses, you get a free service to offer your customers which you don't even pay for, your customers do. I love how Route also covers packages stolen by porch pirates which is a big thing around the Holiday season. The team over at Route has been easy to work with and happy to help out with any customizations I've requested. Highly recommend.

Choppn'

Love the app - and ive seen my conversions go up - the only thing i dont understand is, i cant seem to change the "product photo" - i try to put my own custom photo (Route logo just different), and it always reverts back to the original square photo - which in my cart (round preview thumbnails) doesnt look good.

LiveStainable.co.za

I run an online energy efficiency company based in South Africa. In my country people are not too fond of online shopping as a result of outdated technology and value added services such as Route's "no questions asked" shipping insurance policy. I have recently submitted my second claim with Route and as expected they have resolved it within 12 hours. I have a happy customer and the new Item is on it's way already. It was a pleasure dealing with Ryan and Alex

La Femme Boheme

UPDATE: After seeing my review, a Route rep contacted me. It seems they were not receiving my support requests. He was very helpful and got the app installed correctly on my website. It is working properly, no complaints.

PREVIOUS REVIEW: There's no support whatsoever. Wrote them several times and received no response. Couldn't get the app installed properly. I worry that if my customers actually need to file a claim, it'll end up getting ignored like my support requests.

FiXT Store

This app has completely eliminated our international shipping risk. Best app & people behind it are solid with support.

AmericanHardBag.com

No support no contact. The app does not work on my site. Several emails latter I have not had a single reply. God help you if you had a customer with a problem! I thought that this app was a great idea at first. It's beyond me that a company can take the time and money to put a service and an app together only to completely ignore their customers. Free is a bad deal when it leads to a waste of time and a bunch of frustration.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6