Route ‑ Shipping Protection

Route ‑ Shipping Protection

by RouteApp LLC

Fuel Growth with Order Protection, Package Tracking & More

Shining-Gifts

It's a good idea and I guess it gives customers confidence. Although I'm not sure how the claim process works since my customers didn't have to make a claim. My problem with Route is that they claim that the service is free, while it's not. The way it works is the customer adds to cart "Route package protection" as an insurance and basically adds that cost to the order. Then, Route charges me for that same cost, the merchant is just the middle man, in theory. But in reality, they don't take into account fees associated with the sale (shopify fee, paypal fee etc...). Which is a few cents per order. It might not seem a lot for 1 order but on thousands of orders it starts to add up. Moreover, it's not free as they advertise it, and they know it. When confronting support about it they tried to circumvent the problem saying it's "paypal's fault, contact paypal, it's your store's fault etc..." But it's not, it's the way the app works. At one point after all the evidence I brought and when they couldn't deny anymore, they just stopped responding, I deleted the app. The concept is good, but shady practices and poor customer service doesn't make me want to continue with them. Moreover after reading the last reviews, I'm happy I don't have to deal with them anymore. You shouldn't either.

November 20, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. My sincerest apologies for any frustration caused - I would feel very similarly.

In regards to the claims process, customers can report issues on any lost, stolen, or damaged Route-protected packages by following the link in their Route confirmation email or through the Route app. Step-by-step reporting instructions for your customers can be found here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020319513-How-to-report-an-issue. If you ever need to file on behalf of your customers, please see this article: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020506834-Report-Issues-for-Customers.

In accordance with our policies, Route Package Protection is free for merchants and is available for purchase to customers on the cart page. However, please note that if you use any 3rd party platforms such as Shopify or PayPal, they may incur their own separate fees.

I hope this helps clarify your concerns. If you have received any questionable charges from us, or have any additional questions, please contact our merchantsupport@route.com as we’d love to assist and look into that further. I have flagged your feedback to our team who will be on the lookout for any future questions.

Regards,

Jordan, Customer Support

Frozen Garden

This company gives a good sales pitch, but doesn't follow through. The experience for both the customer and on the admin side is sub par. Don't let this company represent your brand's customer service. It's especially not sufficient for perishable companies even though they claim that "we insure all kinds of perishable companies." We wasted a bunch of time on this. Don't waste yours.

Killzone Flashlights

**Update** - Route has listened to customer feedback and no longer supports crediting your account as a reimbursement method. They now have setup many options for you to be reimbursed including direct deposit (AHC), Paypal, Check and wire transfers. Thank you Route for resolving this concern!

Copper Pearl

This app has been great to provide both merchant and consumer peace of mind when ordering. Our Route rep, Brad, is responsive, helpful, and great to work directly with. My only complaint is that our store dashboard where I can look orders up is so slow. I also wish there was something on our dashboard where we could see our bill by month, instead of just receiving weekly billing notifications.

Rustic Sinks

Updated review: I have tried several different apps that claim protection but Route seems to be good as they file the claim for the issue. They have made a change in how the replacement orders will be processed and I have not had to use it yet. The Merchant will now be $ responsible to the replacement order, then Route issues a credit to the Merchant's billing account. We have products that range from $100-$4000 so this might not work for us. Some credits would take a year or more to work through the billings. The app will give your customers the confidence with shipping their orders, however now the claims are taking more than 6 business days to process and the dashboard does not show the status correctly. This might not be good enough to customers waiting for a replacement order. Customer service is only by email and the response time lags. Time will tell if we stay with Route.

November 25, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I’m so sorry for any inconveniences caused, but I’d be happy to clarify and offer further assistance.

Due to a recent automation update - Resolve via Platform (RVP) - replacement orders and refunds are now solved at the click of a button via Shopify and credited weekly back to your Route bill.

For more details on how RVP affects your billing, please read more here: https://help.route.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055934194-Route-Order-Issues-Resolution-Resolve-via-Platform-

While response times may have lagged in the past, RVP has allowed us to get our response time down to 24-48 hours as promised. Furthermore, most claims are now being resolved in that same timeframe as well. So overall, the experience is much faster for you and your customers.

In regards to Dashboard status updates, those are directly linked to the Route Support ticketing system and should regularly update along with your claim resolution.

However, if you have any future questions - claim follow-up or RVP billing concerns - please feel free to reach out to merchantsupport@route.com.

I’ve relayed your case to that team as well, so they’ll be on the lookout for any communications.

Best,

Jordan, Customer Support

Striker Brands

Our relationship with Route was over before it began - a relentless and extremely presumptuous (borderline rude, to be honest) sales and onboarding strategy reflect poorly on your brand. Aside from your incredibly irritating sales team, the app itself really doesn't seem automated or useful enough to be worth it.

Your Oil Tools

The process getting setup was not great.

The pricing was off from what we were charged. The first clams were denied. The claim process was not easy at all for us. Customers complained a lot about there setup.

Overall experience was horrible and I would love my money back!!

SUVA Beauty

We have used this app for about one month and maybe 800 customers have purchased it. The process for the customer to request a replacement and reorder is not easy like their sales team have suggested. A customer will almost always get frustrated and require support from the brand.

Maybe 20 customers have requested a claim and as of now only one has been approved. We have had to mitigate for these which is fine but really defeats the purpose of this app.

Lastly, the support is not quality as you need to submit email tickets and responses take long which frustrates a customer further.

I would recommend that someone should just consider adding a product themselves as insurance and test for a month to see if you even need a service like this. But, if you do need this consider another service as they dont follow through on their marketing claims.

Blaze DVDs

App was great at the beginning as it solves the issue of items being stolen or lost and doesn't cost you anything. However it has become more and more difficult for customers to file claims or even get a response so I reached out for a customer... and waited... and waited... 8 days later they closed the request.... without responding to it!!!! Will be deleting the app and offering my customers shipping insurance a different way from now on.

Route made over $5,000 through my customers over the last 6 months (on top of anything they had to reimburse) but today I deleted the app. Guess 10k a year isn't important enough for them to answer their emails.

Coconu

Great idea, but the execution is not smooth enough. Having a separate email to the client is clunky, needs to be integrated into the Shipping Confirmation Email within Shopify. We still field all the emails/questions from clients regarding their shipment. No benefit gained with this product installed.
I've also reached out to support and not heard anything back for over 48 hours. That response time is ridiculous for a company in this space as I can only assume our customers will also experience delays when they engage Route.