A great option for email integration on Shopify, when moving over from Mailchimp. Just sent our first newsletter and it's all very easy to use.
I switched over from Mailchimp recently. here are my thoughts:
- I do like how you can have 2000 subs.
- everything can be done in your shopify panel
- importing from mailchimp was easy
- Generally the editor to make your emails is very basic and tiring to use.
-- Wish it had an ability to duplicate sections that you made in your current newsletter.
-- Bullets aren't supported
-- It's hard to track and see the stats of all your newsletters. The data is there, but it feels like I have to go through multiple clicks just to see how many people opened by latest newsletter. Would be nice to have a dashboard page that shows your stats: subs, most recent newsletter stats, etc
Thanks so much for your review! I'm a little late here but we really appreciate your feedback and will definitely be adding the features you're interested in. We're grateful you've chosen to use Seguno, thank you for your continued support. Please reach out if you need anything! Thanks again :)
Very nice app! managing everything inside Shopify is much easier and faster! specially inserting products in your email with just 1 click
Seguno is sloppy and not user-friendly. I've been trying to switch from Mailchimp to Seguno for the past few hours, even got on the phone with Shopify and they can't even help me figure out the simplest of requests. One of the things I loved about Mailchimp and Shopify is how easy it is to use for us non-experts. Seguno has none of that. And Seguno has no live chat or phone support so the best I could do is send an email. Firstly, they have one long 15 min video with instructions as opposed to a few topic-related help videos so users can choose which one to watch to get the help they need. This means I had to try to skip through the video to get the info I needed and still didn't get it. Secondly, their backend is sloppy and not clear. I'm still trying to find the place to add an option for joining my newsletter to my home page. Hours later, I still can't find it. I found a newsletter page but no way to link it to my website. One of the things I love about Shopify is how quickly one can change and build things. No more with Seguno. I'm giving it a day for Seguno to help or I would need to try another provider.
Hi there. I had tried contacting you directly a handful of times immediately after this and the weeks following but never heard from you. I am very sorry you had a bad experience. Thanks for sticking with us though, it's great you're still using us for certain things and I hope your experience has turned around some. If you're interested in hands-on help to take advantage of more of what Seguno has to offer, I'm happy to schedule a call to walk through everything with you. Thanks again.
A perfect email marketing tool. It took me 3 seconds to create a newsletter. I don't write reviews very often, but I had to this time.
We added this to take place of Mailchimp. We have been very impressed with the ease of use all around. As with any app like this, it does take a little bit to get everything setup and designed to match your store design and look, but that is expected.
Overall the app does do very well in achieving our email marketing needs, but it is missing some much needed features which is the reason for only 4 stars.
- Segmented customer lists help to better target your customers based on certain criteria which this lacks. There is no way to send emails to lapsed customers in groups based on their spending habits and such.
- Reporting does show some basic info to give you a good understanding of how the email did, but again is missing features. For example: On abandoned cart emails, there is not way to see who it has been sent to or what customers are in queue for this to be sent to next. Also would be nice to send abandoned cart emails in a series of 3 over a time frame. As a business owner, we need to know where are marketing is making it and who is unsubscribing as well.
- There is no way to target customers for emails that have spent "X" over the past "Y" months. This is a feature that again is due to lack of segmented lists.
There are a few other features that would be great to have in this app. However, it as great having this built in to the backend of the store and needing to go to another site to make or check on your marketing.
Overall, I do recommend this app as a great alternative to Mailchimp or other email marketing apps on the market and we look forward to seeing what is added in the future.
Thank you for the thoughtful review! We really appreciate your recommendation and I'm glad you're enjoying the experience of staying within Shopify for everything... Here are a few notes that may be helpful:
- Segmentation: Currently, you can create customer groups within Shopify that are based on things like tags, time since last order, money spent, number of orders, etc. Then, you can target (or exclude) that customer group for your Seguno newsletters... As for the "spent X in last Y months" you could get close and say "spent X and ordered in last Y time period"... Also, an app called Smart Tags can allow you to do more complex segmentation and automatically tag people so they get added to your tag-based Shopify customer groups.
- Reporting: You can see currently abandoned checkouts within Shopify but not all will be reachable. We will be adding the ability to see who performed which actions (delivered, opened, unsubscribed, etc.) soon, it's a top request.
- Automation: Sending multiple emails is one of the most important features on our near-term roadmap so stay tuned.
Please reach out if you need any help with the above or otherwise. There is an exciting roadmap ahead of us and we're thrilled to have you along for the ride. Thanks again :)
It was easy to set up and easy to use - I made sales with the very first email I sent out. All I had to do was send it!
Great app and awesome support/staff! Totally recommend it!
The app is easy to use and the support team will help you reduce some extra work (sync old email list, etc)
This is a great email marketing software，The mail won't go into the junk mail box,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little BaeBae Boutique
This is exactly what I have been looking for! If you know how to use Shopify it is so quick and easy. I definitely recommend!