SEO King

Rating (4.7)
Developer
4.7
December 11, 2022

Everything seems to be working well, but these constant compulsions to leave feedback have spoiled the whole picture.

PoolWaterLAB
Time spent using app: 3 months
June 12, 2022

i have pay the speed configuration but it's running since 2 days . this app blocked my shopify dashboard.

Griffmark
France
Time spent using app: 4 months
April 29, 2021

Seemed great and easy to use, but my site speed numbers too a dive into the 30's... now I am going to pay someone to fix what this app did... The drop in speed might be due to another app, but Im not so sure. I would be happy to be proven wrong

Black AF Shirts
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Engage Apps replied April 30, 2021

Hi, it's not technically possible that the default settings of SEO King to have reduced any scores - there are no hidden scripts or technical means to make shops slower. Our support team has contacted you for any screenshots of scores to assist in finding the right solution for this case. In most cases, the issue is that you recently added an app to your site, that included some javascript. This javascript may be broken or conflicting with other javascripts on your site, and this is the most likely cause for sudden slowness in page loading.

Edited June 6, 2020

It updates all hundreds or thousands of your products at once and if it's mistake then you have to fix one by one. Does not let you update on group base or collection base.

PurpleGems
Time spent using app: 2 months
February 25, 2020

found this app was lacking in some areas, also contacted support a few times with a few questions and didnt get any replay from them

Fight Co
Time spent using app: About 1 month
January 30, 2019

Rude service. The app works well the way they store metafields is crazy. The app is polluting the metafields namespaces, and if you use them extensively as we do then it is a problem.
The app creates many namespaces with a code a name and store inside a json.
metafields.seoimager.12356495 where I suppose the code is a identifier for the product or something similar. They could simply store the code inside the same json or use a new namespace for that, and have only one or max 2 metafields instead of hundreds

blakshop
Italy
Time spent using app: 11 months
January 3, 2019

First, I'm not new to this, I started my first site back in 1995... In some regards this app worked ok, however, it did terrible on other images. One image was of me in front of my artwork, it described the photo as "man eating ice cream". Other images were written with obscure descriptions, like a photo of my artwork as a marble wall, yet most product images came out ok by simply having the AI bring details from the pages, that's a no brainer...

I would not recommend this app for any artist, my site has hundreds of pages and it took a long time to essentially find, fix and identify what this did to my web site.

It's not as "high tech" as I had hoped for and I had thought it would be way better AI..

Pros: It's cheap to use, good customer service, if you are lazy, out of time, or don't know anything about SEO then give it a try. The image compression worked very well and I analyzed the speed of my site and it scored better with faster loading times.....

Cons: You won't know what it's really doing while processing and if you have a huge site, this thing could "f" up your SEO like no body's business, yet they say they can remove the changes, I didn't use that service so I don't know.

Fun Whimsical Art
Time spent using app: 8 months
August 1, 2018

I don't feel like I can leave a five star review yet. Just started using app about ten to twenty minutes ago. Was in middle of working on photos when a pop up came up telling me many hours have been spent on this app and I seem to be enjoying its use so I should leave a review. I don't know if it even works yet so I can only leave a two star since I have not even finished my first project on here before being told that I am enjoying using their product. If it works well then yes I do appreciate the hours put into the app and am very considerate. Until I am given time to even see if the app works then I can not give it a good rating. So far it is easy to use but I have run across this with other apps that did not do what they said they would do.

Borrowers Attic
Time spent using app: 2 months
May 2, 2018

App didn't really work for me. Tried the one time option to reduce pictures and the score by GTmetrics & other speed testing sites did not change much. Bet removing this app will speed up my site more that the picture optimizing did.

2 Pink Flamingos