ShipBob Fulfillment

ShipBob Fulfillment

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.6)
Developer
ShipBob
3.6
December 9, 2022

App works fine, but the customer service and pricing is TERRIBLE.

We would CONSTANTLY be charged many times more because Shipbob insisted on sending our products in boxes that were much larger than our products. We're talking about nearly a $100 difference because they didn't want to use a smaller box to ship (which they have).

We are a small business, so seeing a shipping cost of $140 for something that should cost $30-$40 is terrible. Moreover, having to go back and forth with customer service to fix this issue causes delays and makes our customers extremely unhappy.

Be very, very careful if you are thinking of using Shipbob services.

V.I.T.L. Backpacks
November 21, 2022

RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! I really do feel bad for you if you have already signed a contract with shipbob, this is the worst fulfillment center you will ever find. Hopefully you can find a way out before it's too late. I will say the company was not always this bad. 2 years ago Shipbob was smaller and they actually did a ton to care for their customers and they took pride in doing good work. Come to present day and they have been sitting on a container of our product for 6 days now and still haven't even stored it let alone shipped. We are literally begging for an update and all they do is send us links to their SLA. We get it, however, our agent promised us this was priority and turns out that was NOT the case. I guess this is what happens when you put profits over customer experience. Plus, its not just us look at all of the most recent reviews. To make matter worse their shipping rates are extremely expensive and they constantly lose product. NO JOKE, this year they lost an entire skew of ours and we had to tell our most important customer than none of his 17 clubs would get the product. He was blown away that a center could be so careless and he laughed at us when we said we used shipbob. He called them the " NIGHTMARE OF FULFILLMENT CENTERS" lol In closing I am writing this to all of the entrepreneurs out there considering shipbob as a partner. You have worked your butt off to get where you are, poured your heart into your brand, don't make the mistake of going with a company that will destroy your brand image. Go find a partner that will help your hard work pay off.

Terra-Core Fitness
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
ShipBob replied November 28, 2022

Hi Terra-Core team -- Thank you for the feedback, and I'm sorry this has been a frustrating experience. I did some investigation and found that the main reason for the extra 48 hour SLA policy is that you are sending Floor Loaded Containers, which take a bit more time and a lot more labor to unpack. If you were to send palletized containers, there would be no additional time required to unpack.

I know your products are large, so that may not be an option, but I'm sure there are ways to mitigate the impact of this. I've already pulled in Chetan, your dedicated account manager, to help figure out if we can accelerate any of the SLAs as a gesture of good faith.

Kevin
Shopify Partner Manager

September 26, 2022

Shipbob has put our amazon account in jeopardy with a 16% late ship rate. Technical support is a carousel that goes nowhere. They have an online "chat" window, where the representative does basically nothing but open a support ticket - which go unanswered. Additionally, they sent boxes of assembly parts to a customer (who had no idea why he got these miscellaneous plastic rings). This led to us having to product to assemble, costing us revenue. Most importantly, just google "Shipbob" and "BBB" and read the number of Better Business Bureau horror stories about Shipbob. Or just look at reviews and see how horrific the stories are. The onboarding is very slick, they put a lot of energy into getting you on, but they can't get products out, nor do they offer technical support that is useful or helpful.

Gary Fong Lightsphere
Time spent using app: 5 months
September 14, 2022

I worked with several fulfilment centers in my career and never had a worse experience than with ShipBob. Our company kept receiving complaints from DTC customers that were receiving products heavily stained, dented and damaged, covered in black dust that looked like soot. We placed a number of trial orders and had the same issue every single time, products arriving in horrible conditions. After asking ShipBob multiple times for an explanation, product audit and resolution, we waited months and finally received appalling pictures that showed our expensive products "stored" in haphazard mounds on top of each other in filthy boxes on the floor. It was evident from the pictures that many units were stained, dented, broken, leaked. We requested a report of damaged vs salable units and a credit for the damages. After over three months, we still have received no answers on the counts and were told that all of our damages are due to a mysterious "manufacturing defect" and Ship Bob is refusing to cover for any of it. These are thousands upon thousands of dollars of loss plus DTC customers being lost due to the poor experience. Further to this, the customer service is absolutely useless for any matter beyond the simplest things and will just provide pointless "cut and paste" answers that do not resolve your issues. I absolutely DO NOT recommend this company to anyone who values their business and brand equity. I wish I could attach the horrible pictures for everyone to see.

Mullein and Sparrow
Time spent using app: Over 4 years
August 30, 2022

If Zero starts was possible i will give it. Unless you are interested in ruining your business i will deeply suggest that you don't use shipbob. I read all the bad reviews online and still ignored it. Please don't be like me. Shipbob as completely ruined my business and left me with a chain of angry customers. For a whole month, all my international orders where shipped and automatically returned to sender. This is terrible because international shipping with shipbob costs a fortune. How can a business survive this. Let me explain how terrible this is. i spend $20 plus on ship an order that cost $60 including shipping fee. Shipbob ships the item unsuccessfully and then charge me $20 to return the item and now wants to charge me another $20 to reship the item. So basically i have lost $60 for every international order i got. That almost a $6000 dollar loss because this happened with close to 100 orders in one month. My terrible experience with shipbob has sent me into terrible depression. It has been the worst experience of my life. My paypal account and stripe is ruined because of multiple disputes due to lost packages and undelivered items. Please do not use shipbob, they will ruin your life and the business you've worked so hard to build.

lustperfume