Shippit | Shipping & Delivery

Shippit | Shipping & Delivery

Free plan available. 30-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.9)
Developer
3.9
September 19, 2022

The Shippit platform is great and easy to use. I really like how they provide some courier options such as: TNT, Fastway and Couriers Please. Unfortunately they have over promised and under delivered. Their integration doesn't allow us to ship DG items. Also the Australia Post My Business Integration keeps getting pushed further and further back.

SolarBox
Time spent using app: 5 months

Hi there SolarBox,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Shippit takes our customer's feedback seriously, so if there is anything we can do to improve your customer experience, please email hello@shippit.com and one of our lovely staff will be in touch with you directly.

We'd like to apologise for the delay as things don't always go to plan and add that we will be finally launching the Australia Post My Business integration later this month! Again, please reach out if you'd like any help or simply to learn more about this exciting integration.

September 11, 2022

App works great. Saves so much time and has simplified our process. Regular updates help keep everything running smoothly.

Sealers Online
Time spent using app: 6 months

Hi Sealers Online,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Seeing your 5-star review and kind words really keeps us motivated to do what we do best! We look forward to continuing to work with you to grow your business.

Shippit.

September 8, 2022

I've used this app since starting my business and while I've found some aspects good - multiple courier options, easy to use platform, instant booking for same day collection (potentially) and reasonable shipping rates. However, the negatives can't be ignored either. While you used to be able to chat with a customer service rep they were very unlikely to be able to assist with anything other than follow up with the courier company on your behalf which did save some time for you as the business owner, on occasion. Now they've all but removed Live Chat which to be fair was often pointless for locating missing packages (you could get the same info from the actual courier dashboard) but was handy for assisting with platform issues when I started out. I'm assuming the removal of Live Chat is a cost thing but it makes it impossible to get immediate assistance and even when someone does open a chat with you, you could wait up to 10-15minutes between sending a message to being responded to, yes, each question/message not including the initial queue time. Another negative is the long delay (2-3months in some cases) between sending a shipment and the supposed additional courier charges being charged to your account. You're totally unable to dispute/avoid the charge unless you either significantly overestimate the cost of shipping or you weigh and photograph each order keeping a record of dates etc. But even then there can also be a 'manual handling' fee from some couriers (so forget sending anything slightly fragile) which you have no way of disputing at all. This significantly impacted the courier services I could offer my customers. I may as well get an account with my preferred courier - something I am considering. Oh and don't even bother trying to get any sort of compensation for couriers damaging or as in one case eating the gift you've sent! While I understand Shippit are company to make money (like all of us) it's also a service and it's frustrating that they happily bump you up into the next subscription tier but you have no way of going back down if your sales are slow or you need to pause your store, for whatever reason, unlike Auspost where you simply get charged more if you haven't shipped a certain volume. Also agree with other reviewers here - the Auspost integration is all but useless. And the more recent integration with Shopify just doesn't seem to work as I still have to open the Shippit platform to send orders which I have to double check thoroughly as often if I'm resending a recurring order through to Shippit I will find there are multiples of the same order with each refresh! So unneccessarily time consuming. It seemed to work much better without the latest integration. And I still can't get the instant print integration to work as there is no option to adjust the size of the default label printout despite using standard labels/sizing etc and any time I've requested assistance I'm just re-sent a link to the same instructions. There really doesn't seem to any technical understanding from the reps on troubleshooting this. Overall, there are some good points with using Shippit (potentially same day collection but that probably has more to do with my local courier who is gruff but almost always collects the same day even if I book at 3pm) and I still do use them but only because the alternatives aren't able to offer anything different/better yet (sadly) for my current business. However, their customer service is appalling and it only seems to be getting worse. I will be using either Auspost for my next business as the headaches just aren't worth it.

House Plant Home
Time spent using app: Over 3 years

Dear House Plant Home,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with our customer service. We try very hard to ensure that all our customers are happy but we don’t always get it right. While we will certainly pass this feedback on to our team, it'll be greatly appreciated if you help us understand how we can do better and make it right by emailing your Merchant ID and contact details to hello@shippit.com.

September 4, 2022

we have been using Shippit for years. Their software is good however customer service for businesses is shit. We are about to change our shipping provider.

Motorcycle Stuff
Time spent using app: Over 3 years

Dear Motorcycle Stuff,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience with us. At Shippit, we try our absolute best to ensure that all our customers are happy but we don’t always get it right. To help us understand how we can do better and make it right, we greatly appreciate it if you please email your Merchant ID and contact details to hello@shippit.com.

Kindest regards

August 23, 2022

Simple integration with Shopify. Gives a good level of control over freight and delivery. Works well and easy to implement.

Chefs' Warehouse
Time spent using app: Over 1 year

Hi Chefs' Warehouse,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! It's always motivating to hear about our valued customer's positive experiences. We look forward to continuing to work with you to grow your business to new heights.

July 13, 2022

I previously gave them a 5 stars from 4 years ago. Last two years customer service has been really really really poor. Seems they try to delay rather then resolve. No longer recommend

Peach The Label
Time spent using app: Over 2 years

Hi Peach The Label,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve had a poor experience with us. We are trying very hard to ensure that all our customers are happy but we don’t always get it right. To help us understand how we can do better and make it right please, we'd appreciate it greatly if you email your Merchant ID and contact details to hello@shippit.com.

Kindest regards

May 4, 2022

Shippit helped our business expand our shipping offering. The various options to choose carrier has been very helpful. Our only concerns have been pretty lackluster customers service when there are issues with missing deliveries or carriers not collecting packages. The delivery issues arent Shippits fault but the generic responses to delivery delays or missing packages need to be improved on.

Tackle World Cranbourne & Mornington
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years

Dear Tackle World Cranbourne & Mornington,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would love to get to five stars so if there is anything we can do to improve your customer experience then please email us at hello@shippit.com - there will be someone waiting to respond to you.

January 28, 2022

Parcel was returned due to their technical issues with the courier, did not even leave the country. Request for refund as logically services was not even used. Refund not given due to courier not refunding, not even the top up for their own insurance was ever returned. Reason was that they are just a software system. So basically u're paying for a system just to 'organise' your shipments, but not be responsible when anything goes wrong. good luck when it happens.

8storeytree
Singapore
Time spent using app: 3 months

Hi 8StoryTree,

I’m sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with a courier. As a software company we try and hold our merchants' delivery partners to the highest standards and your feedback is a key part of that. We will pass this feedback on to the couriers and it will be reflected in our reports on our partners. Thank you for taking the time.

Edited December 16, 2021

Very very poor customer service. Can never get a hold of someone. Ever since our account manager left the company it has been a horrible experience.

Click Parts Australia
Time spent using app: 6 months
Shippit replied December 16, 2021

Hi Click Parts Australia,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. As a company constantly looking for ways to improve, we take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please reach out to hello@shippit.com and our customer support team will be more than happy to assist. Otherwise, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.
Best wishes,
Sarah

December 1, 2021

Ive been using shippit for a year now only because I can't find alternatives in Australia. customer service is very poor. I never spoke with a human after the sales person signed me up. No matter what the issue is, you can never get to speak to a person. I raised multiple concerns and Shippit response is often frustrating and they close the issue straight away after that without you acknowledging if the issue has been resolved or not. the minute I find an alternative solution, I will be cancelling Shippit.

booxies
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Shippit replied December 16, 2021

Hi Booxies,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your in depth feedback. As a company constantly looking for ways to improve, we take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the right person at Shippit, and if there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, please do reach out to hello@shippit.com. Otherwise, I hope we get another chance with you again soon.
Best wishes,