Shop channel

Developer
Shopify
2.2
December 8, 2022

Thank God For Shop, We've gotten some great recognition by adding shop to our sales channel on shopify. We are the Most appreciative.

K AND K’S EXCLUSIVE
December 7, 2022

Please help me understand this. I thought that this was a way to bring new customers into the brand. But now I'm seeing that customers I paid for through Facebook ads have placed their first order through my site -- and a second order through Shop. How was Shop contacting my customer? How would this happen? Is Shop hijacking my customers and encouraging them to bypass my site entirely?

The Bullish Store
Shopify replied December 8, 2022

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Shop app does aim to increase your brand's customer base through our curated collections and transparency with product reviews. It's also our objective to help build your existing customer relationships by allowing customers to track their orders and contact you easily if needed. There are emails sent to the customer from us so they are familiar with the app they have just used as well as for compliance. However, these emails would not be triggered by an order from Facebook. They may have already been using our Shop app for tracking. If that's the case, they may have re-visited your Shop store profile after their Facebook order synced to the app for tracking, and it encouraged another purchase.
Any email sent is in place to help support your customers and encourage sales through your store, and its worth is continuously reviewed. If you feel an email has disrupted your orders in any way then please reach out to us with the email's details by starting a support ticket here: https://bit.ly/3NehLrk

Thanks,
Noreena

December 6, 2022

Keeps saying my store is ineligible but was never told why. Something about a product not on my site. I've been on Shopify for a long time and status still hasn't changed. Apparently garbage.

Shoppin' With Me
Time spent using app: 4 months
Shopify replied December 7, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review our sales channel. I understand you have concerns about your account having unknown issues relating to the eligibility.

In order to avail of features such as Shopping and Discovery in the app, we ask merchants to meet certain eligibility requirements, and those are listed here - https://bit.ly/3A4GLgJ. There should be a notice in your admin under the Shop Sales channel highlighting any issues found with your store. You will still be able to install and use the sales channel, and your customers can continue to track their orders, view recent orders and see the available contact information for your business.

If you'd like us to investigate if there was an error in relation to your eligibility checks, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by starting a support request via this link so that we can authenticate you on the account: https://bit.ly/3NehLrk.

Best wishes,
Brian,

December 6, 2022

This App is a joke and in no way makes it easier for new shops to sell their products. Shopify literally tells you "Grow your business with tools and features that make it easier to sell your products", but then does not allow you to sell products on Shop, if you haven't had any payments processed with Shopify Payments in the last 90 days. Why on earth would you make "Shopify market place", if you do not allow all Shopify stores to sell there? Better go with Amazon, Ebay or whichever marketplace that do not have such ridiculous restrictions.

Deiz Art
Denmark
Time spent using app: About 13 hours
Shopify replied December 7, 2022

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review the Shop sales channel.

I understand you're dissatisfied about your experience and trouble with eligibility for our Shop sales channel. It's true that stores need to meet certain requirements before availing of the Shopping and Search features of the app, and those are listed here - https://bit.ly/3A4GLgJ . If you were deemed ineligible for certain features, you should still be able to install the channel. Your customers will continue to be able to take advantage of order tracking, viewing recent orders and seeing the available contact information for your business.

If you want us to take a closer look at your ineligibility circumstances, and to see if there's a way to rectify the matter, please contact us directly after logging in via this link on the Shopify Help center - https://bit.ly/3NehLrk so that we can authenticate you and investigate this for you right away.

Best wishes,
Brian,

Edited December 3, 2022

I'm honestly surprised to see the negative reviews. It took me about ~20 minutes to set everything up (It was mainly tedious work), I created my collections and then published them to the Shop Channel. This app has brought me Many new customers. The only bad thing about this app is that you can only add 10 Collections to your shop and there is no way to increase this limit (There might be a way, but I just don't know).

ShopAnimeStyle