Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

Thrupack™

It's like they haven't even beta-tested it yet. I have constant problems every time I try to do anything, can't send to more than 40k at one time, campaigns getting stopped for no reason, no automation sequences. . . etc. It's like it was set up by people that have never used an email service. It will be good one day, but today is definitely not that day.

The midas star

Hi I can't setup an automated newsletter using this app.
Please help me to set it up. It only shows the option to send or schedule.
But we want to send an email as soon as anyone subscribes to our newsletter automatically but that's not available.

June 26, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for reaching out. We have a step-by-step guide that can help with setting up Shopify Email (https://bit.ly/3A4tfb2) and automations (https://bit.ly/3x0T3mK). However, if you need further support, our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3gqKnPt) and log in to your account to start a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

TU beauty store

We are small businesses, You Big. We pay you monthly usd $ 79 and usd $ 200-500, per transactions (done by computer and bots). Could It be an plus for your costumers? Big companies are bigger when they add worth to their clients.

June 10, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. We can appreciate your interest and support for Shopify Email, and we'd be happy to pass your suggestion along to our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Madame Orgasme

Do not work with ICloud, mails do no get sent to customers. I contacted shopify for that but no answer ...

April 21, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify Email app with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further with getting the app set up and working for your store.

Claire l Shopify

Fat Chimp

Ive migrated 2 websites from Mailchimp since shopify and mailchimp fell out of bed, and to be fair i'm disappointed and will be looking at alternatives. My monthly marketing bill for emails has doubled compared to previous app, and theres no function to feed each email to social media accounts as before, which overall has had an impact on sales and bottom line. So paying more for less sales isnt good! bye bye!

April 21, 2021

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear the Shopify email app didn't meet your expectations. I would love to talk to you further and better understand the issues you were facing so we can share your feedback with our team. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication!

The Cider Vat Ltd

We recently migrated to Shopify as we we were tired of having loads of different apps that didn't talk to each other. Shopify's built in e-mail program is a big disappointment. In our first promotion Shopify decided it didn't like half of our subscribers and didn't send them.
We don't know which half it sent and which half it didn't. There is no way to identify which subscribers Shopify didn't like or why.
As far as I can see Shopify would like us to dump all our existing subscribers and start again.
So it is back to Mail Chimp for us. Perhaps Shopify isn't the right solution after all.

February 24, 2021

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with spam filters. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions or further feedback!

Grizzaffi Coffee

Shopify will simply stop the campaign for several reasons. If too many unsubscribe or bounce it will stop sending the email and since there are zero reports, you have no idea who was sent the email and who wasn't. I've tried to make it work with custom groups but it's so frustrating when only 45% of your emails go through. 1. We ran a contest for a free giveaway. 2,100 people signed up. After 1k emails were sent, shopify stopped it because too many people unsubscribed. But all these people literally entered to win and be notified by email. Since there are no reports, I can't tell if the winner was notified they won, and now I am getting calls all day from others who entered because they never got the winner announcement email. Can't resend the entire campaign because then 45% of our customers will get a duplicate email and surely report us as spam at that point. 2. When I first launched the store, I uploaded our customer list from our brick-and-mortar shop from over the past couple of years of people that were in our newsletter. 1,800 customers total. There were some bounces because some were work emails, or incorrectly entered etc. We sent a launch email to notify them of the new online store, and again shopify stopped the campaign at 45%. And again, since there are no reports we can't tell who was notified and who wasn't, and we can't resend the email to the other half that never received it the first time. Shopify does a lot of things right, this ain't one of them.

January 22, 2021

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on the Shopify email. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with sending email campaigns.

I will send you an email to open up that line of communication and we can pass over this feedback to the app developers.

Japanese Taste

Cons:
You cannot do custom segmentations inside the app.
Templates are limited.
Deliverability takes too much time.
No automations.
Pros:
It is cheap

January 22, 2021

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on the Shopify email. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Claire l Shopify

HealthPulze

this app in my opinion deserve zero but 1 star for better pricing , but everything else is bad. I tried to like it but unfortunately Mailchimp and others offer way much better tools. I do wish Mailchimp didn't delete their app in Shopify. I know there is a tool to connect the Mailchimp account but still you will need to deal with the third party and encounter other issues. If Shopify Mail offer the following suggestions/wishes maybe I will give them a second shot and reevaluate this app: 1) Shopify Mail need more report Analytics tools like the ones in Mailchimp, I don't know who unsubscribed or the visitors count from each country and etc.
2) no bounce report, no report on a lot of things!!!
3) within the composer, there are no many to add on like where are the dividers? why can not control the footer? why not add HTML code like Mailchimp? and so on. Bottom line, this app need a lot to be done and they should since they made changes to their terms which lead maiclhimp leaving the platform. I do hope they add a lot of goodies until then, this app as the current state is very trash (sorry to say that).

December 30, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Don’t be sorry for your opinion! It’s feedback like this that helps us to improve and grow. I really appreciate such a detailed review. I’m going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Amy | Shopify Support

BooksAndTools

I liked it originally, but it seems to degrade over time. Now any link I include will not show up as blue and the receivers cannot link as I want. Also difficult with adding pictures. While I gladly pay the over 2500, I have exceeded that number and this may be the cause of my problems. Shopify so far has no answer to help me. Must I go to GMAIL in 500 sets each week's campaign?

December 17, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You should be able to make the link any colour you wish, and you should be able to link it to where ever you like. As for pictures, I would be happy to look at that with you. I’m going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can help you get this resolved.

Amy | Shopify Support