Point of Sale , 502 reviews

Merchants appreciate this app for its user-friendly interface, seamless integration with online platforms, and efficient inventory management. They value its ability to handle large inventory SKUs, high transaction volumes, and multiple locations. Key features like "Save Cart", barcode scanning, and order history review are praised. The app's functionality in pop-up markets and its management of both items and services in-store and online are well-regarded. Merchants also commend its cash payment handling, data collection, customer service, inventory replenishment, and discount management capabilities.

November 24, 2020

Really disappointed that Shopify has decided to charge for basic functions like exchanges. We have been customers for 5 years and now have an addition cost of use of £1000 a year. We are now ready to look for alternative less expensive platforms.

Sancho's
Almost 6 years using the app
March 15, 2021

The POS app is horrible...and it is extremely overpriced as well. It is obviously not anyone used to, or that have researched what it is like to be on the floor in a retail store. Very limited customization, too much noise in the interface, and lacking must-have functionalities. Not recommended at all.

Motorious Copenhagen
Denmark
Over 5 years using the app
November 5, 2020

Absolute garbage. The new PRO POS is absolute garbage. We've been with Shopify for over 5 years and we now have to pay an additional $89US / month for something that is so much WORSE than what you had before. The search function doesn't work half the time. Products appear and don't appear seemingly on a whim. The screen and colours are so dark - but of course our iPad is too old to update to the new needed ios13 to change the background. Have you partnered with Apple? I would not recommend this app and I will be looking for something else that actually works for us.

Mandala Design
About 5 years using the app
January 9, 2022

The update to the new re-tooled version was a straight up cash grab. The old version allowed you do everything you needed to sell in-store and online. It was a great tool to let the little guy compete. Shopify was doing it right and offering good value for the cost. Public company greed eventually took over and now they overcharge (to the tune of >$1000 year) just to have basic functionality like doing a simple exchange in your physical store. The lite version isn't usable if you can't do something as simple as swap out a size, etc.

basin + bend
Over 4 years using the app
November 4, 2020

Since updating my Shopify POS App, almost all my barcodes are not scanning. Im getting a message barcode not recognised. Anyone else have this problem and have a solution to fix it? I have 1200 products in my POS, reentering all the barcodes would be a nightmare. This is pretty unacceptable considering I pay a fortune for the "new" PRO version. Not happy at all

Tropical Island Treasure
Over 4 years using the app
May 12, 2021

I rarely like leaving reviews, but I fear that shopify would need to see these in order to understand how HORRIBLE of an app this is. Why scrap the old version when its 50x better then this one?? At worst just copy square! The workflow here on the app takes longer to checkout. The collections are showing items that are listed or unchecked as POS! Who designed this software? What questions got asked? This has to be the most wasted use of development ever! I love shopify but this has made me order Square POS and will need to explore if there website business can truly fill in gap of functions I so truly love about shopify. But my staff hates the POS version, to even charge is comedy at its best. I think we should be paid for the extra minute or two its going to take to check a customer out. SHOPIFY DO BETTER QUICKLY.. nothing wrong with saying this version of our POS is not what our customers want and hear you.. humbly.

Baked Cravings
About 4 years using the app
Edited September 12, 2018

This does not work with something most all businesses have, a computer. You read that right. It only works on tablets and phones. We moved our website over to Shopify after talking with their phone support only to find this out after we launched our site. VERY DISAPPOINTING! The duplicate data entry continues for us.

Biggs Ltd
Almost 4 years using the app
January 28, 2021

The old app was so much better, as a store we find it extremely disappointing that Shopify opted to take away the basic retail features from their free app and turn it into an extremely expensive add on. We are now unable to process basic return/exchange transactions in-store without paying for POS Pro which is more than our Shopify plan costs!! Why are we forced to double our plans for basic POS features .. in the middle of the pandemic no less when brick and mortar retailers are struggling the most. As well, there is no middle ground POS plan like the rest of the shopify plans, POS Lite offers next to nothing and leaves us without much choice. I wouldn't recommend anyone signs up for shopify if they want any sort of POS functions. Fix it!

Coffin Skate Shop
Over 3 years using the app
April 8, 2023

Poor POS app. Researching other options after just a few months. Not physical location friendly. Time consuming to enter orders and can't use a computer for POS.

bijoujeweler
6 months using the app
Shopify replied April 28, 2023

Hello bijoujeweler, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please feel free to add any specific issues you have faced or reach out to our Support team and we can look into these with you. We truly appreciate your feedback as we further develop the POS app to be used by more merchants and meet the demands of the evolving retail world.

May 29, 2020

We have used the classic version for several years, it's OK because it was included in the package we use, but does lack features you consider fairly standard in POS, such as better customer account tracking, recalculating transactions after returns, exchanges. The new version promises a lot of things that are of no real benefit to physical retail, doesn't address any of the missing functionality, is VERY VERY glitchy, and is now going to cost more. Simple tasks such as scanning products into the sale are now operations that take 3,4 or 5 different procedures!! The main reason for continuing with it is the syncing of inventory between multiple sales channels and 1 set of stock, but have even had a glitch with the POS finding a product that was in the system! Also the ability to print Tax Invoices in Australia is important for some customers, we have found an app to easily do this, but to our dismay (and the developers) it isn't working completely as it should with the POS, even though it is meant to!

Lemmons Store