The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Before we found out about Single we were legitimately about to pay a developer thousands of dollars to create a Shopify that does automatic Soundscan reporting. We're really happy to have stumbled up Single though, their developers are some of the best in the business. Very quick response times + willing to listen to any customizations you suggest. Seriously one of the best shopify apps we've ever used!
Easily the best and most efficient way to submit to Soundscan. If you're running a record label or record store, or are a band looking to submit your sales for reporting, look no further!
The app is really easy to use and has the BEST customer service. Super responsive, prompt and helpful. I love that it automatically submits all our data to SoundScan without us having to do the tedious legwork. Highly recommend!
We've been very pleased with Single. Not only with the product offering, but with the support they have provided us!
Finally - how did we not hear about this earlier? Soundscan reporting is fantastic to have. Looking forward to this being built out into a more fully-featured app.
Edit, March 2020: It's been two years, and the app still feels like rough like an unpolished beta.
• Pain point: Track upload and metadata entry are painful: unable to upload more than 3 concurrent tracks, locked out from adding metadata for tracks during upload, unable to add track titles while 3 files are uploading.
• Bug: Creating dozens of tracks (for larger albums) at once creates track number duplicates.
• Bug: Album art randomly disappears in the dashboard.
• Bug: Physical products not always found when trying to attach a digital release.
• Bulk edit tools, cloning metadata between tracks to avoid extensive manual data entry that could be avoided
• DDEX ERN support for automatically creating releases via existing music aggregator distribution flow
• Allowing metadata to be edited after locking a release
• More control over how Shopify products/collections are created, tagged, managed.
• External product fulfillment, e.g., via codebanks
• Whitelabeling / custom branding.
• Custom mailservers. Email notifications/order redemption go to spam.
• Integration with other smart link platforms (linkfire, Smarturl, etc.)
• Data analytics/retargeting/marketing options
• More extensive metadata: P-line/C-line support, publishing fields per track (PRO info, Publisher/Administrator, multiple ISWC support)
Appreciate the feedback and we're well aware of the pain points you've listed. Fortunately several of them are on our immediate roadmap and will be addressed over the next few weeks. We'll reach out directly to go over your bugs & requests.
Great app and great support from this team in Nashville. As more and more independent artists function outside of merch deals/companies running their own stores, Single will be a must-have app for forward-thinking artists! Looking forward to future features and functionality.
Great start for a desperately needed app that makes it easy to sell downloads on Shopify. Really like that there's no monthly subscription charge but rather a small percentage off each sale. Much fairer. GUI is slick and well implemented with a few bugs still to iron out. Amazing real-time support too.
Main thing missing for me is the fact that the track list has no player facility. How are buyers supposed to decide what to buy if they can't listen to anything? There should be a choice of whether to play 30 seconds iTunes-style or whole track like Bandcamp. Hopefully this will be added soon. Also, better integration with Spotify physical product pages for CDs and Limited Editions etc would be nice.
Looking forward to the future.
As a musician who takes my career as seriously as I take my sales, Single steps right into play and delivers both physical & digital sales to SoundScan. I focus on music and sales, Single focuses on getting me on the charts. Definitely get this app.
Very nice app. I have a bunch of music I want to sell digitally on my Shopify store, and Single handled that seamlessly. Fast, friendly and efficient customer service too.
We had been searching for a way to sell singles and albums on the same page for months! Great app! Great support!