Appstle Subscriptions &Loyalty

Subscriptions app for recurring orders & recurring payments

Free plan available. 30-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Ketosource

Reading through the reviews of Appstle overall you get the impression of a very slick app and support. This unfortunately has not been my experience at all. The support at Appstle have not been able to help me to migrate from Bold Subscriptions which is one of the top shopify apps for subscriptions. Every day I try (this has been a multi-day exercise) a new person appears in support. So the conversation starts from zero again. I had hoped this would lead to someone new who understand the migration process and how to do it from Bold, but no one seems to know. I'm guessing that all the reviews for this app are from people who haven't used subscriptions before. So perhaps the overly positive rating is due to a lack of experience in subscriptions. It looked a bit suspicious with the 5 rating, and some reviews stating that they changed their review after the install. If you are aiming to migrate from any other subscription app I'd think about it twice. The app may work in itself, but if you can't get it set up with your existing subscribers smoothly - then I (you'll) never know. More detail on the support given for migration:
1. They ask you for two files but don't explain how to populate or get them from your existing systems
2. The two files contain subscription and customer data in a specific format they want (problem 1 - you'd think a company trying to acquire new customers like me would put some time into understanding how to get the migration data they need - but they haven't - no one in the company knows where to get the data)
3. I've returned countless files and been told sometimes they are partially correct, and other times (amusingly) the same files are now all incorrect
4. You can ask as many questions as you like but it seems they've been told to be friendly but give no actual support. So you get friendly messages that waste your time and apologise for not being helpful. Extremely disappointing. Recommendation to Appstle - take a note from any tech startup - work on your onboarding process and make it as easy as possible. Not impossible. It seems you're investing your time in the wrong places if you want to grow and take market share from other subscription apps.

February 10, 2022

Hi, This is Ria - the co-founder of Appstle. Sorry, you had less than a stellar experience with us. I have connected with my team, and looks like our Senior Dev is working on your migration data. I believe 90% of the migration is now complete, and there are some minor data discrepancies for which we need your advice, and have reached out to you.

Sometimes migration can get chalenging as Shopify is very specific on the data fields and formats, such as country codes and next order dates. Rest assured, our team has prioritized your migration, to make sure it is done accurately, so that your customers have a smooth transition to Appstle Subscriptions.

Regards.

TONE BAR コラーゲンバー for Women by Women

Updated review Sep 28 2021
After working with the app for 2 months and with the support team, I've decided to update my review. One thing I will mention straight off the bat is that the level of support and attention went down considerably when the Appstle team got their 5 star rating. I am (still) experiencing bugs in their app and was promised a fix 3 weeks ago, but none to be found. This is after multiple emails, chats and follow-ups. I had to repeat explanations of the same issues to the support team multiple times, and there were one or two moments where something was "fixed" that wasn't a problem in the first place. Although I wanted to work together to find a solution and make this app viable for my store, the Appstle team is not meeting me halfway, so I am currently searching for a replacement app. -------------
Original Review
August 3 2021
What makes Appstle Subs so good is the support that goes along with it. There were a couple of tweaks I wanted to execute and Dharmik was a great help with that (super patient too). I will say that we are not yet live with this functionality, so we have yet to see how it works in practice, including the customer management piece of it. Will keep everyone posted on how that goes, but in the meantime, I'm satisfied.

August 3, 2021

We apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have personally gone through all your tickets. Looks like we had resolved all your asks, except for billing address formatting, which is beyond our purview. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Regards,
Hemanth (co-founder & CTO, Appstle)

Selaura

TWO WEEKS trying to get payment sorted so our existing customers can log on and manage their payment details. They are still unable to do this. Advice is repeated despite not working. Awful service, response times are pathetic.

July 30, 2021

This is Ria, the cofounder of Appstle. I am sorry that you had a less than stellar experience. My co-founder and CTO, Hemanth had reached out to you about a week ago, for a call. The reason for wanting to talk is, a few things you want are beyond our app's control and we need real-time permissions from you to make changes.

Hemanth has again reached out to you for a call. We are on PST time, but are flexible with our availability based on your convenience.

Looking forward to helping you with your request.

Thank you.

Brown Bag Coffee Roasters

Great looking app - very poor support and migration. They indicate the ability to migrate from one subscription app to theirs. They are not capable of even doing 1 of the top 2 subscription apps (Recharge) in the Shopify marketplace. Communication is not great (I always have to reach out for updates), often saying they will get right back to us and nothing until I reach out 2 days later. Proof of concept seems great, but without a proper onboarding and support system the app is useless. Perhaps if you don't have a subscription app and are looking at setting one up for the first time... but that wasn't my case. After 3 weeks of trying, I'm out of time to get this to work. I'd advise finding an alternative app if you already have a subscription solution you are looking to migrate from.

July 27, 2021

This is Ria, the co-founder of Appstle. Sorry, we were not able to help you. Our Engineers have helped 100s of merchants migrate from other solutions in the past, but as we mentioned in the email, the data you provided us with, was missing a lot of important fields such as billing interval, shipping interval, etc. Our team tried their best to fill in the missing details, but doing so for over 200 rows seemed very risky for your upcoming orders.

Hope we can work together in the future

Cali Tiger

Terrible support we are still waiting for a simple task to be done going around in circles with the support! Use recharge instead

July 22, 2021

Dear Merchant,

This is Ria, the co-founder of Appstle. I am sorry you had a less than stellar experience with our app. We were not fully clear about your ask, and my co-founder and Tech Lead reached out to you several times, to set up a call with you, to get clarity.

Please let us know a good time to connect. You can reach out to us through email or the chat widget. We are happy to jump on a call anytime.

Regards,