Rewards and Referrals by Swell

Rewards and Referrals by Swell

by Swell Rewards

Loyalty, Rewards, Referrals, Influencers, and email capture.

Based on 2036 reviews

Moonchild Yoga Wear

The potential for this app looked amazing. But the support for installation and setup is non-existing. The campaigns we have created are not showing the pop-up. I wrote to ask Swell for support but just got a screen shot back saying everthings looks okay - even though in the screen shot the campains for reward is not the same as the ones I have created. I have started a support chat but seems there are no real persons there - just an email saying we have created a ticket for you. and then no reply to that for days.

Hope the installation issues will be solved and the app proves to do some of the fancy stuff they so highly claim they can do.

Aromatics International

FELLOW SHOPIFY PLUS MERCHANTS BE WARNED!

We signed with Swell in early May on their premier Platinum plan. Overall we have had a very negative experience and have repeatedly found bugs in their platform that have had negative financial ramifications for us.

One of the main things that attracted us to Swell was the more customized program design they offered. This process was OK although small delays did sneak in when we needed to pick up on relatively small (but important!) design elements. Overall the our impression was a 'good enough' approach, which to us seemed counter to the stated aim of driving as much traffic as possible to the rewards page. Their developers also struggled with Shopify theme code management outside of Shopify (we use Github). The soft launch of our program was late July.

Soon after launch we found a couple of serious bugs in their platform that has significantly dented our confidence in it’s reliability. One issue (awarding points for the purchase of gift cards and purchases using gift cards) was promptly resolved. However we have been waiting more than three months for the resolution of a bug affecting the treatment of refunds. We also complained about the slow speed to load a customer’s point balance but was told this was expected behavior. The Swell team have been slow to respond to emails. I am still waiting for a response to an email I sent 9 days ago to our dedicated ‘Client Success Manager’ for example.

Bit'z Kids

POOR support
I rate 1 star for now.
I have been contacting the support many times, but no response even with the Gold Plan.

Ladyloved - Sublime Skincare for Natural Beauty

Unbelievably, the pricing structure is programmed to include Point-of-Sale sales when determining your tier. So not only is Swell structuring what they charge you based on orders that they have absolutely nothing to do with whatsoever (offline sales), but they then want to claim a surcharge per sale for each of those offline sales when your total net number of sales exceeds a certain number (depending on your tier, its 200 for the $29/month plan). As though they deserve payment for your offline sales. Utterly absurd. Swell should be ashamed of themselves. There's plenty of competition in this space to avoid this underhanded approach, even if doing so purely on principle.

I believe this is the first negative review I've taken the time to write about any app.

UNIQSO

Paying $630.00 USD a month but receive zero support. Asking for help on some simple issue but was not willing to help, keep pushing us away. Feel like a fool to sign a year contract. Be careful.

Cityluxe

The support is absolutely not responsive. The app is buggy, the setting is not user-friendly.

1. Follow @ Instagram can be completed multiple times. I have many buyers just earn many points and just get rewards with the points, which cause a loss in business. The support never get back to me although 3 days passed, I have to manually adjust the points for all the customers

2. Refer a friend doesn't work although "fraud prevention" has been disabled.

Cocoon Apothecary Canada

This app has become so frustrating for us. We use the Shopify POS app for our brick and mortar store and there is no way for us to redeem points or even look up points through this app. It worked on the iPad app but not the android tablet we now use. We have to go into a browser and do everything manually. People are too impatient to wait for this. This is an expensive product to not function properly.

Rustic Urban Co

Added this under the assumption it was a free app, very limited usage making it pointless unless you upgrade which for a business starting out is not feasible. have now uninstalled and will continue my search.

Bella Nova Fashion

Going on day 74 and I STILL am not running at full steam. I was promised a 6-week implementation and have two sites. One just launched (week 9_ and we now have about a load of pissed off customers because points are not working right. Great thing is, its Tuesday and I haven't heard from them since last Thursday... My second site is still not launched and I have been given 5 delayed dates, the last being last Friday. Great thing is, it never launched and I didn't even get a call, and its Tuesday and I have not hard anything... So frustrated right now, wish i would have gone with a different tool.

Dermlab

Avoid this application by all means!!!!!!

Never use this service and it has cost us a lot to fix all the problems. Rewards system works for our business, and our customers check their rewards very frequently and it was all good until one customer reported missing points, it turns out that for that particular customer, Swell did not automatically give points and we had to manually add points to her. It was a VIP customer and we get requests to manually add points very often and that requires lots of time, and it DECREASED our customer satisfaction by a huge chunk, and we see less and less orders because our VIP customers are not happy about having to email us to get their points added. Swell charges you a fee once you reach certain subscribers, and bigger problems will happen then.

I reached out to their support team and they do not respond to you until one week later, when all of our customers are officially pissed off. the only reply from them is that I need to contact Shopify, that it is Shopify's problem in sending them orders, but it only happens to random orders, meaning that Swell does not work fully compatibly with Shopify, so this system should not be used by any business, just to save some troubles.

The response I get from Shopify is that I need to contact Swell, as Swell is the developer and they need to sort out the problems with Shopify.

Then Swell just does not care about our business, and our customers are not getting points, and we as a business piss off our customers by not able to give them points automatically as promised. This Swell rewards is a huge joke!

We are moving to a new reward application that actually works, so bye Swell!

Previous 1