TaxJar Sales Tax Automation

TaxJar Sales Tax Automation

by TaxJar

Save HOURS on Sales Tax for Your Store. Free Trial!

Deco Slides

Update: After complaining to TaxJar, they did agree to amend one of my returns free of charge. Importing tax exempt order settings from Shopify is still an issue though, and I hope they fix it soon. Two huge problems with this app: 1) If you mark an order as tax exempt in Shopify, TaxJar will completely ignore it and will add it to your total owed. If you don't manually mark every order as exempt in TaxJar as well, you'll end up remitting more tax than you owe. 2) They charge $25 per state per filing, and their tax calculations have not even once aligned with Shopify's calculations for me. I'm spending way more time than I should trying to figure out where the discrepancies lie. If you want them to amend an autofiling, it's a $99 fee. In theory, if everything worked properly, it'd be great. Unfortunately in practice it has been more trouble than it's worth.

Tulsa Body Jewelry

It's pretty useful when you have access to it. I'm having trouble getting in right now, but support is non-existent. Nobody will speak on the phone unless you want to talk with sales staff. Chat support is really just email. $149/monthly does not get you the most basic account support. I'm now looking elsewhere.

Engraved Giftsly

Beware about the subscription. It seems monthly but then you will know it's yearly and you have no way to cancel it.

Powwater

TaxJar is an amazing way to automate the sales tax process. My business had previously worked with a bookkeeper to manage our sales tax processes and we are blown away at how much easier this technology is for us. It's cost efficient, simple, and overall a great customer experience.

AllStitch Embroidery Supplies

Sorry, I tried this service out for 3 months and is has several shortcomings that prevent me from recommending it. I also recommend you do not pay for it a year in advance, if you cancel they will not offer a prorated refund.

• There’s too much manual work involved in marking tax exempt orders to make it useful for me. There is zero automation for this.
• No assurance that I could get shopify set up to charge the same sales tax that Taxjar's internal algorithm would compute. Taxjar integration is really one way, they compute accurate taxes on their end with their algorithm, and near impossible to get your store set up to compute the same rates.
• Can’t use auto file because of the above differences and inability to automatically recognize exempt orders

Red Jacket Boutique

DO NOT recommend this app. There is absolutely no way to get a hold of customer support and they never get back to emails. PayPal does NOT integrate with this app. Would not recommend to anyone. HUGE waste of money.

March 13, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Though the subscription plan you selected includes email support, we took a look at your ticket and can confirm that a member of our support team responded to your email the same business day. We are ready and willing to provide further help, but we have not yet received a response from you with the detail we need to move forward working on your case. If you could reply to that email with the additional information our team member requested, we're confident we can help resolve all of the questions you have. And, if you are interested in upgrading to a subscription plan that includes immediate phone support, we'd also be happy to share more detail about that plan.

Lmtless Life Nutrition

This app is a joke, the support team is a joke, everything about this is a joke...

I paid $19 and tried to have it remit my state sales tax and TaxJar wanted to remit incorrect amounts to incorrect counties and cities. I tried to notify them and work with Customer Support to get the issue resolved and they're completely incompetent and won't speak with me and have repeatedly asked the same questions email after email after email, and every time I answer exactly what they ask.

As a CPA I'm completely unsatisfied because this service had so much potential but it's being squandered by people who lack understanding of basic business practices. Fire you entire support staff and start over please, you'll be better off because of it.

February 21, 2020

Hi there,
We reviewed your support ticket and saw that we were able to fully address your concerns about our product and services. Thank you for working with us to ensure we had all of the detail we needed to get you the answers to your questions!

Little Miss Marmalade

Look for a different app! You cant download a report. Dont contact support they are GHOSTS. I cant auto file for some reason...after paying $19 a month for nothing. Will cancel after I get my BOE filed.

FIXD Automotive

Great! The AutoFile is great and I never have to even think about talking to government employees anymore!

February 19, 2020

Glad you love AutoFile!

Novel Concept Designs

This app was great for the 1st Quarter I used it. I was able to autofile and everything was great.

The past quarter my auto-file was canceled without my knowledge and I was only notified of it when I received a letter from the FL Dept of Rev about a not receiving me filing for Q3.

Not cool, why charge a monthly fee if you aren't going to do the 1 thing I actually need you to do.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10