TaxJar

TaxJar

From $19/month. 30-day free trial.
Rating (3.6)
Developer
3.6
November 20, 2019

Great! The AutoFile is great and I never have to even think about talking to government employees anymore!

FIXD Automotive
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
TaxJar replied February 19, 2020

Glad you love AutoFile!

November 18, 2019

This app was great for the 1st Quarter I used it. I was able to autofile and everything was great.

The past quarter my auto-file was canceled without my knowledge and I was only notified of it when I received a letter from the FL Dept of Rev about a not receiving me filing for Q3.

Not cool, why charge a monthly fee if you aren't going to do the 1 thing I actually need you to do.

Novel Concept Designs
Time spent using app: About 1 year
June 21, 2019

It does the job well. I'd like to see a report showing sales tax collection revenue by day and I'm not using TaxJar for filing, but overall it works well and Customer Service has been excellent. TaxJar's customer service is light years ahead of Avalara's.

Cosmis Racing USA
Time spent using app: 8 months
Edited June 20, 2019

Don't even bother. I installed the app and had a question about missing order information and went all over trying to find out how to fix this, but no real step by step info was provided, even checked Youtube. I needed help with a deadline approaching, but after 2 whole days wait, no response. So there is no support for an app that costs $19.00/ month? Don't bother calling either, the message directs you back to email. Apparently, they only offer a "partial" integration with Paypal so I had to configure a CSV file to upload. It took me more time to figure this out and upload it then it took me just to go to the NYS site to web file. And somehow all my orders duplicated after I tried to re-connect Paypal. Save yourself a headache and just learn to do this on your state's sales tax web file site.

glam up gear
Time spent using app: About 20 hours
June 12, 2019

Awesome! Saves so much time, especially their autopayment feature. Highly recommended app. Regan is super helpful!

Nature Backs
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
June 4, 2019

I have contacted support for months to remove transactions that uploaded incorrectly. I have received no response. Might be a good product but customer service is terrible.

Kylahna & Co
Time spent using app: About 1 month
April 27, 2019

All of our info just disappeared from the system yesterday. Customer Service has been less than helpful. Not impressed and am looking for a new tax compliance company.

Equilibrium Nutrition
Time spent using app: 5 months
March 29, 2019

At $50/month, it did show me where I have economic nexus. After several months of $50 charges, I find out that they are delaying Auto-file as an option, but offer no concession in the meantime. I feel that the app isn't worth it just for the data, as I was sold on the auto-file option (at additional cost).

This data isn't helpful without auto-file, so do your homework before signing up. You'll still need to file manually to take care of your sales tax due. This is potentially hundreds of data entries per state.

Out of Darts
Time spent using app: 2 months
February 2, 2019

this integration seems to be oneway. Taxjar does not automatically update shopify with tax rates in nexus location already in tax jar. it does grab transactions and log them but you still have to do double work ( having already input the. into tax jar)

The Wrenching Network
Time spent using app: 4 months
October 6, 2018

Love TaxJar! All I have to do is set it up and review before they file my sales tax paperwork. Makes my life easier

Lucky Bastards Club