XERO SYNC by Bold , 212 reviews

October 5, 2023

Poor customer service. Emailed and received no answer. I then connected via chat and took a while for them to take note of it. Opened a new ticket disregarding any screenshots or descriptions I put before. Did no thorough investigation and came back after two days telling me something I already knew, washing their hands that it was a XERO mistake (clearly wasn't). I re-wrote on an email the issue and asked to escalate. I received a standard response that it will "take a while" and I should upload to XERO manually.

We pay $20/mth for a product that doesn't work and has no solution, unless you sell without Duties and Tax.

King & Tuckfield
Almost 5 years using the app
BOLD replied October 11, 2023

Thank you for your feedback - we are very sorry to hear about the delay in communication you’ve experienced. We can certainly understand how this can be frustrating and take your feedback seriously. I have checked in with our support team and can see that they are currently investigating the issue. We hope to get you back on track soon as possible. Thank you for your patience while the team works to get to the bottom of the issue.

October 5, 2023

Throws an error and flat out doesn't export orders if the customer name already exists in Xero... Isn't that a pretty basic flaw? We have to manually add orders regularly.

Why we have to pay for this amateurish app with no alternative options and Shopify don't make their own I've never understood.

Three Peaks Challenge Shop
Over 7 years using the app
BOLD replied October 11, 2023

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Our support team has reached out to learn more about the issue you are facing. We hope to get you back on track as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Edited November 30, 2020

Bold has made it VERY clear that they don't actually support this app or offer any service for it. As others have mentioned, this app is not compatible with the current version of Safari and Bold has absolutely no plans to fix that (and they will simply string you along with shockingly terrible customer service if you dare to ask). At this point, Xero should permanently ban Bold from having access to their API.

Emerald Energy
About 8 years using the app
May 27, 2019

Started charging us $59.99/month WITHOUT WARNING for last several months and we just noticed it. We were well under their FREE tier...PLUS no invoices had been exported for the last 2 months anyway. They charged even though we were not using their service! Will be cancelling and uninstalling BOLD's Xero integration ASAP.

Parabolica Press
Over 7 years using the app
April 2, 2019

We have removed this app and are now using Carry the one.
The Bold app when free was manageable even with dropouts and the paypal issues but now they are charging for it it's not worth it.

Coffea Coffee
Over 6 years using the app
April 8, 2019

Terrible. Like so many others we used this as it was part of the shopify/xero set up. Both shopify and Xero still use the integration as a selling point without point out that it's now a paid for add on. And it doesn't work that well. A blatant attempt to hold their customers over a barrel. We left as soon as the charge came.

The BIB Wine Company
About 6 years using the app
February 16, 2023

was great for a while but then sync didn't work anymore so after 3 months of trying to fix and still having to pay for it. I uninstalled.

Trader Trove
Over 5 years using the app
BOLD replied February 22, 2023

Thanks for writing in with your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you encountered some problems with the app. Our team has reached out to see if they can help make things right. Please keep an eye out for an email from our team. We are always happy to help our merchants when facing any roadblocks!

Edited December 20, 2020

TLDR - Avoid like the plague - Downgraded from a 2 to a 1 - App stopped working - support terrible with days turnaround - (had to wait 3 days for a reply as the support agent had some time off!) - All they could suggest was disconnect /reconnect and then they blamed xero and suggest I contact them directly - Makes me wonder what the $60 a month was for - Add in the total lack of improvements over a number of years this feels like abandonware - Now using an alternative at half the price that works better

CGC Emporium
About 5 years using the app
November 15, 2020

It hasn't worked correctly for the past 3 months. It just stopped working and after several attempts from support I get nothing except the dev team is working it. Having to start 2020 export and reconciliation all over again due to issues with this application. I had find another app to sync my orders from Shopify to Xero. I don't recommend this application because of the stability issues and lack of support.

White Rock Soap Gallery
Almost 5 years using the app
April 25, 2019

Suddenly I noticed my integration is failing. All this while it was free. There is no announcement or update from Bold to advise that we now need to pay to use this apps. There should be proper communication prior to any changes. I am very unhappy with this.

akudankraf
Malaysia
Over 4 years using the app
BOLD replied April 25, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with Xero. We would love to get in touch regarding this to see how we can help, so we will be reaching out via email right away! Let us know if we can organize a call time, as we would love the chance to help you out.