Yotpo: Reviews, Photos, Q&A

Yotpo: Reviews, Photos, Q&A

by Yotpo

Collect product reviews, photo reviews, site reviews & ratings

Homespunandhandson

I don't normally write negative reviews, but I am frustrated beyond belief and I would NOT recommend Yotpo to anyone — friend or foe!!! My customer reviews have not been not showing up on my website for months. I'll give you that you responded to me a couple of times; then, after that, I guess you just decided it would be easier to ignore me and the problem. I see from reading the negative reviews that I'm not the only one. If you ask me, you have the worst customer service on the planet. I can't believe you have the audacity to tell me I should try to contact the developer now — before I post this negative review. Seriously?!? How dare you!?! I did exactly what I was supposed to do for the last two months, you dropped the ball. You don't deserve another chance. I contacted customer service too many times to list. I even tried going through your website, which apparently only wants to deal with me if I'm a 'potential' customer not an 'existing' customer with complaints. I even warned your customer service people that if I didn't hear back I would be switching apps and writing a negative review. So my actions should come as no surprise. What I say to you Mr. App Developer is your company should get their customer service act together!!! My time and my business are just as valuable as yours and if you expect to keep customers you should treat them with the respect they deserve.

Mahi Leather

Highly misleading pricing structure... Yotpo reviews are NOT indexable by Google, i.e. they add limited Search/Content value to your website, UNLESS you upgrade to their Powerhouse package which is like $8k+ a year. So you could effectively accumulate lots of reviews (great) then decide once you've enough, to mark up your pages and show Google some unique unbiased content on your website... Only to find they are unindexable unless you pay $8k+ (not so great!)

For such baseline / simplistic functionality this seems quite a predatory approach to pricing a review platform.

Gymfreakapparel

Upon downloading this app, it automatically started emailing my customers asking for a review even if they had not gotten there products yet. It went of the default settings they had, it should not have been automated until I had a chance to check the settings and enable it myself! You guys need to fix this!

Greendoor Botanicals

Really expensive like crazy!! its seems better to go with the shopify made reviews app. i wonder how so many are happy with the Lite version with such a limited functionality.

Scrubs Bubbles

Far too limiting and way to expensive for an upgrade

Design Alley

great idea. horrible service,
if you have tried them out even after you will remove their app from shopify they will send information/emails to your costumers without asking you, - no place on Yotpo to delete account and 7 messages in 4 driftnet channels, -phone, email ,ticket and masanger, are not answered after 48 hours and counting.

unheard of this kind of service - better of with a less smarter system but normal service.

We have filed a compliant with shopify as well.

Koyara

Be careful when installing this stupid app. They automatically sent an email to every single customer of mine without even asking for an approval.

Extremely stupid automated feature. Instantly uninstalled this. My better recommendation would be Stamped.io , known as Product Reviews Addon in the app store.

They don't even reveal their pricing on the website. Blatantly slow customer service as well.

Kindlecentre

Not recommended due to

MAJOR Technical problems:

1. Adds 61kB of javascript to your page (2x the entire jQuery Library).
2. Adds 23kB of CSS to your page. An advanced Shopify Theme has 9kB of CSS.
3. That's 84kB of added weight to your page just to show reviews.

It will lower your Google PageSpeed Rank substantially, at least 5 points.

4. You cannot import your shopify reviews easily. Shopify's review app (and other review apps) associate reviews by product_handle. Yotpo does it by "Product ID", and you have to manually find the Product ID for each handle. (https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/shopify-finding-the-product-id)

5. Because all other shopify review apps use product_handle, you'll have to reverse the process and find the handle for each Product ID if you want your reviews imported into another app.

There are other alternatives that are 100% compatible between each other and only add 14kB to your page in total.

as if these were not enough...

MAJOR deal breaker: Pricing.

There's a reason why they don't list their prices publicly: basic features will cost you over $1000/year. If you want all they advertise, it'll easily go over $3000/year.

The House Of Bundles

This app is ok but the service sucks!! It crashed I been waiting two weeks for help know one ever helped me and I'm paying for the app

Lolas Pet Boutique

The app works fine, but the tiering model is terrible. If you upgrade from the free, it's just not affordable for a small business order. Additionally, their support staff is incompetent, nasty and very aggressive. They still call me once a week to upgrade, without even answering my support questions. Some of these support issues are weeks old lol. I still have a few inquiries out that have been completely ignored. I do not recommend this app!