Rewind Backups , 1,001 reviews

4.9

Merchants highly recommend this app for its automatic daily backups of all store data, including products and designs. It's praised for its easy setup and user-friendly interface, with a "set it and forget it" functionality. Merchants value the ability to restore their store or individual products to previous versions. The support team is often commended for their quick and efficient service. Features like regular backup summary emails and a clear overview of backup schedules are also appreciated. Many describe it as a worthwhile investment for its security and peace of mind.

November 26, 2016

Great app for keeping backups! Highly recommended.

Ebikekit
December 12, 2016

I haven't had to use it yet, so I don't know how easy it would be to reinstall everything. Hopefully I'll never know.

One thing it does for me, is give me a more secure feeling that I have some safety in place. You never know when you'll need it.

Accubrass Com
February 23, 2017

I am quite happy with my rewind program. I can check to see how my site is doing!

Artisanscorner1
Almost 2 years using the app
June 15, 2017

Great for piece of mind. FYI - Shopify does not keep a backup. We found this out the hardway.

A Gift Personalized
June 15, 2017

Works great. Hope I never need to use it but nice to know it's there!

Groomsshop
Edited August 5, 2019

Works great! You activate it and forget about it until you need it. And then it just comes in to save the situation! I would recommend it to all fellow developers.

G.I.Sportz | Empire | Tippmann | JT | Spyder | VForce
June 12, 2022

We pay monthly fees and no backups are made. Support does not give us an answer. We recommend using another app. Pagamos cuotas mensuales y no se hacen copias de seguridad. El soporte no nos da una respuesta. Te recomendamos que utilices otra aplicación. Wir zahlen monatlich Gebühren und es werden keine Sicherungen vorgenommen. Der Support gibt uns keine Antwort. Wir empfehlen ein anderes App zu verwenden.

Mastermind Innovation Limited | UID-Nr. ATU74977634
Austria
Almost 2 years using the app
Rewind replied June 15, 2022

Hi Julia,

Thank you for choosing Rewind to backup your store. We’re happy you were able to resolve this issue with Logan from our Support Team. It looks like with Logan’s assistance you were able to access your Rewind Vault where all of your historical Shopify store data (since the first day you installed Rewind) is securely stored.

We kindly ask our customers to get in touch with our team at help@rewind.com with any issues prior to leaving a review. We have a dedicated Support Team available 7 days a week to troubleshoot, help restore data or access your backups, and answer any questions you may have.

January 26, 2017

Thank fully I haven't had to use Rewind yet but I've got peace of mind now knowing that should anything happen my whole shop is backed up - with no effort from me! Thank you :-)

Happy Tummies Pty Ltd
23 days using the app
August 15, 2021

UTTERLY USELESS.. HOW CAN A BACKUP NOT BACKUP INVENTORY COUNTS...TOTALLY USLESS. I can't believe they don't backup inventory counts

APEX RC
Over 1 year using the app
Rewind replied August 16, 2021

Hello, I’m Kaleigh - head of customer support here at Rewind. I wanted to reach out and make sure you understood that we completely empathize with your frustrations here, as they're frustrations we've felt ourselves.

Our backups rely on webhooks or little digital notifications from Shopify to us regarding items that have changed so that we can make a new record of it. When it comes to inventory - Shopify’s API currently does not consider a sale to be a change associated with a product. Which means that when you sell something, we are not notified of the inventory update as a ‘change’ to your product.

When a product is restored to an earlier version - we can keep the inventory exactly as it is in the present moment (because we can see it), but when a product is DELETED, we have no record of the inventory changes, so we set the inventory at 0.

Although we do backup your product images, title, description, tags, price and variants I want to apologize that inventory not being included in this this wasn’t clear, and assure you that it’s always top of mind for us in conversations with Shopify about the API.

Given the level of disappointment I’d really appreciate having a conversation with you about it and what we can do to help assure you of our commitment to backing up your store data as much as we possibly can.

Please feel free to email me at help@rewind.com so I can help resolve any lingering concerns you have about the process and again apologize for the misunderstanding.

-Kaleigh de Palézieux
Head of Customer Support

December 8, 2015

Excellent support. A week after installing we had an issue with an integration that deleted 600 products from our shop. Rewind had our products back up and running very quickly. A must have app.

Flyfishsd