Rewind Backups , 1,001 reviews

4.9

Merchants highly recommend this app for its automatic daily backups of all store data, including products and designs. It's praised for its easy setup and user-friendly interface, with a "set it and forget it" functionality. Merchants value the ability to restore their store or individual products to previous versions. The support team is often commended for their quick and efficient service. Features like regular backup summary emails and a clear overview of backup schedules are also appreciated. Many describe it as a worthwhile investment for its security and peace of mind.

November 21, 2016

Easy to use app - set and forget. Get a great weekly summary of what has been backed up. Have not had to restore anything yet but if it is like the setup then it should be seamless.

Chillibom
About 2 months using the app
December 23, 2019

Needed support for a new install this morning. As always, Annie offers the best support in the business! Rewind Backup lets me sleep at night knowing everything is safe. We now use it on two sites and have never experienced a problem. Thank you very much Annie!

LuxuryClothing.com
November 17, 2016

We are a brick and mortar store primarily. We have thousands of products listed on our Shopify store. The issue is that online sales are a very small percentage of our sales. So spending must be scaled appropriately. We are overall pleased with Shopify and the list of plugins we are using. That being said, we find that the rates for Rewind are out of scale with the benefit of the service. It is the most expensive plugin we use, but not the most critical. We have to use the pro plan which is 39 USD/mth. Does storage really cost that much guys? No it doesn't. We will be suspending the service and waiting for a more affordable service that is surely to arrive. ie: We subscribe to one Terabyte of storage with Apple for only $3.99 a month. We would be be back in a flash if our plan dropped to less than $10/mth.

Twiggz
About 2 months using the app
Rewind replied July 29, 2019

Thanks for the review. Although it was posted in 2016, we thought we'd let everyone know that we're always testing our pricing, and have less expensive plans now than when we launched in 2015.

Apple provide file storage only. Rewind is constantly updating the service to be able to rewind items successfully - Shopify's API is constantly changing, and keeping up with those changes is expensive and time consuming. (Apple also has hundreds of millions of users - you're comparing the price of a service provided by a small business to one of the world's largest companies.)

May 28, 2021

Thank you infinitly! I'm so grateful for taking your time for explaining to me how this application works!

Boutique Leelooart
Rewind replied May 28, 2021

No problem, thank you for your review :)

July 20, 2020

Super easy app to use. I needed to link my accounts and Kaleigh helped me out straight away - it was all sorted in less than 2 minutes.
Looks like a great app and will be handy especially when testing out a new inventory system that links our shops.

Empire Skate
New Zealand
Rewind replied July 22, 2020

Kaleigh is a superstar! Thanks for writing a review :)

August 12, 2016

Excellent app! Very good support. I particularly like how individual products can be restored if needed. Also, everything is broken down into modules (such as themes, etc) which make restores very fast. Overall, this is THE go-to app for our backup solution. It is absolutely first class!

Icommercenew
October 16, 2017

Back up was seemless and simple !

I have not done a rewind yet.

Love the easy to see console so I can rewind the different parts that I choose. That is really powerful feature !

Also I have asked some questions and their support are right back to me, really impressed so far.

Bespoke Gates And Railings
August 2, 2017

It's difficult to leave a review until I've had a need to restore from backup, but I am very pleased with the user experience so far so consider my review for that. Coming from a previous Magento site, the thought of not being able to backup on Shopify was too much - I've seen firsthand the things that can go wrong, especially when adding apps and editing the source code.

While I do think this should be a feature built into Shopify and not something we should have to pay extra for, the app does a good job of showing me what's backed up and when and stays out of the way otherwise. The peace of mind alone is worth the small monthly fee - though if it was any more expensive I'd have reservations.

Back to changing the world, one hammock at a time!

Trek Light Gear
30 days using the app
June 17, 2021

This app is very important. I recommend it to everybody, who has a Shopify store. App very simple and easy to use.

TEDMAR
Poland
Rewind replied June 23, 2021

Thank you for your review + recommendation! Be sure to check out our referral program – you can benefit from sharing Rewind within your network :)

July 13, 2020

Really impressed with the product — but also the support! The CEO Mike answered my email, and follow-up support by Annie helped me glide through setup with a customised plan.

So impressed I almost fell over.

Thanks team!

Família de Trigo
Brazil
Rewind replied July 22, 2020

😅 this review made our day!