Bold Subscriptions

Bold Subscriptions

$49.99/month. 60-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4)
Developer
January 25, 2023

We are new to Bold Subscriptions and Chintak was really helpful when it came to a problem we had installing the app on our store. Very positive first support request.

pinupwow.mobi
Time spent using app: About 24 hours
BOLD replied January 27, 2023

Thanks so much for writing in about your experience. This is the kind of feedback that we love to hear! Our team is always happy to help out whenever needed. Thanks for choosing Bold!

December 16, 2022

We are happy with Bold. Tha app might need some more development to function right away but we got really god help from the support team. They answer quickly and helped us really well.

lvkaffe.no
Norway
Time spent using app: 29 days
BOLD replied January 3, 2023

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear our support team was able to give you the help you needed!

December 13, 2022

Chintak walked me through a problematic situation. She is professional and helpful. The Bold app however, would be better if it auto populated price changes so it would not be so manually inefficient.

Moodbeli
Time spent using app: 6 months
BOLD replied December 15, 2022

Thanks so much for writing in. Your feedback is extremely valuable to our development team. It is true that changing the price of your products will only affect new subscribers and not existing subscribers as they are held to their subscription agreement price by default. However, we are happy to hear that Chintak was able to help you apply a solution that worked for you. Thanks for choosing Bold!

October 24, 2022

The javascript file for this app is way too massive, destroyed our search ranking just by installing. I didn't even get the app set up, and it's going to take our site months to recover from.

Famous IRL
Time spent using app: 14 days
BOLD replied October 25, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Bold Subscriptions, as with most applications, does need to add some code to your theme in order to provide the subscription functionality. The code is optimized for fast load times and shouldn't impact your store negatively. If you're willing, our team would love to work with you to resolve any issue you're having.

October 18, 2022

Mohammed was extremely helpful in setting this up for me and it looks great and works well! I am really happy with it!

BIOLOGEN
Time spent using app: 4 days
BOLD replied October 20, 2022

Reviews like yours make our day—thank you for taking the time to write in! We are always here to support you with anything you need. Thank you for choosing Bold!

October 16, 2022

Would give 0 stars if I could. Terrible app, terrible support, they have made a mess of my store and cost me so much $. Their "developers" are clowns and their customer support is a joke they will only tell you pre-scripted answers. DO NOT USE ANY APP FROM BOLD. The apps will never work and when they don't they will just blame it on your theme, other apps, the weather, or any other random stupid excuse they can think of

RareMunchiez
Time spent using app: 10 days
BOLD replied October 17, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have had a less than positive experience so far. Our goal is to help you succeed. I have checked in with our support team and can confirm our team is actively working with you to find a solution that works for your store’s needs. We thank you so much for all of your patience.

October 7, 2022

I like the idea of Bold as a service though they have quite a number of improvements to be made. We have a few other websites that use different subscription services and Bold is the weakest. The support on Bold needs to be improved significantly. It's hard to know where you stand and moving away from email support to a hard-to-find ticket system hasn't improved this. Bold Subscription V2 is ok if you have a simple subscription process which we have. There are a number of issues with the app itself though this will depend on the use case. I'll provide one example. If you have a Condition based product with variables and different price points for each variable under the same product type the subscription discount won't change with the variable. It's like the logic only loads with the product on page load but doesn't dynamically change when your product variables are selected. I'm an optimist and hope that these bugs can be ironed out in time before I build up the motivation to move everything over to Recharge Or Native. Frazer.

Decadent Decaf Coffee Company
Time spent using app: 4 months
BOLD replied October 17, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Feedback like yours is much appreciated as it allows us to review our procedures and look for ways to improve. Thank you for choosing Bold!

September 20, 2022

I migrated from v1 to v2 thinking it would be better. It was horrible. It is worse than v1. Run away from this subscription app, it will only cause you headache as you scale your business.

1915 Farm
Time spent using app: 3 months
BOLD replied October 4, 2022

Thank you very much for your honest feedback, I am sorry to hear that you have had a less than positive experience. Your feedback helps us determine areas for improvements and motivates us to do better.

September 19, 2022

Good customer service! Easy integration. Wish it was a bit more customizable but so far it's going well for us.

BRASSYBRA
Time spent using app: 4 months
BOLD replied October 4, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback. Reviews like yours help us determine which features are important to you. Thanks so much for choosing Bold!

August 26, 2022

After I gave BOLD a 1 star review based on the service they gave me and the 'known limitations' that are not clearly identified anywhere on the app detail page or support page and after spending way too much of my life trying to get the stupid app loaded on to my Shopify site... they requested that I remove my rating. Here is my official response... Hi there. I understand you want me to change my rating. But my issue goes beyond a ‘known limitation’ in your sales channel app. You are offering a subscription based service for $50/month in Shopify and not only can I not ring that up on my POS, my customers are unable to select ‘Pick Up’ or ‘Delivery’. Which in our case is a deal breaker. When I signed up for BOLD these ‘known limitations’ were not fully disclosed prior to me purchasing the app, nor were they made clear to me before I spent a GIANT amount of time setting this up in Shopify... only to find out that all my hard work is null and void because the app isn't compatible to Shopify. (Let's call a spade a spade shall we?) I hope you understand my frustration. We would like a full refund for the money we have spent thus far. As for the time I've lost trying to make this work we'll just call that a wash. If I receive a full refund and you make a good faith effort to disclose your 'known limitations' in your app description I will consider ‘removing’ the rating.

Ginger, Grapefruit & Rosemary
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
BOLD replied October 4, 2022

Thank you for your honest review. Feedback like yours helps us understand and improve the way we communicate with our merchants. At this time, known limitations can be found on our Help Center for Shopify feature compatibility and more. We will certainly take your feedback to investigate how this can be improved. I can confirm our team has reached out to you and is waiting on your reply to assist you in anyway they can.