Buddha Mega Menu & Navigation

Buddha Mega Menu & Navigation

Free plan available
Rating (4.8)
Developer
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon)
4.8
September 1, 2022

I have been reaching out to your team a few times now to get onto a call to answer my questions and no one from supprt answers me. the menue inst easy to use

KOODOO
South Africa
Time spent using app: 6 days
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon) replied September 1, 2022

Hi,
I answered all the emails you sent us. Could you please get back to us at
support@buddhaapps.com using a different email address as I don't think the one you're using is receiving our replies.

Edited April 19, 2022

Very disappointing. If you are looking for a simple and quick solution to make a menu then choose a different app.
I have suffered from many bugs and the developers want to use workarounds to get the tool working. It's not tested! I wish I never installed it. Also, the mobile menu doesn't work. So if you expect customers to order on mobiles and tablets don't use it!!!!

Apparel Warehouse
Time spent using app: 23 days
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon) replied April 20, 2022

Hi,
First off, I'm really sorry you feel so disappointed.
This is not the experience we want to deliver and we tried to make it right and sorted out the issue with the mobile menu and explained the situation. As I've already advised on my previous emails, for the mega menu to apply our app needs to find the following sequence of tags: ul, li, a . If this sequence is not available, our technical team can manually add the menu which they already did this and the mobile menu was working fine.
We do not use any workarounds and our app is constantly being tested to make sure it works correctly.
Again, I'm so sorry the experience with our app was not what you expected.

All the best,
Buddha Mega Menu and Navigation team

January 8, 2022

Clunky and time-consuming to use, and the price says $9.95 in the app store but when you try to upgrade within the app the price is $19.95! The most expensive mega menu app out there - and the most difficult to set up and use.

XBODY UK
Time spent using app: 1 day
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon) replied January 11, 2022

We are very sorry that your experience with our app was not a great one. I checked at our end and the reason the app was showing the old price is because you had our app installed before and the system was picking up the old price, but we sorted it out by sending you a discount code so that you can use it at the actual price: $9.95. We apologise for this error.

As for the app being difficult to use, we have instructions and a short tutorial that show how to create the menu and also we are ready to provide all needed information and help via our chat service or email at support@buddhaapps.com.

Edited April 27, 2021

Caveat Emptor. The "Fully Customizable" feature claim is a bald-faced lie. The developer deliberately made this menu very difficult to style, by adding !important to all of the classes. Like, they built the menu, then went back and did everything they could to make it difficult to style. Very frustrating, but not insurmountable. Each time you edit the menu, the styles are reset, so make sure you have themekit installed with local copies. The breakpoints are not well-deisgned, kicking in at 749px (an iPad, of course, is 768 in portrait). Those can also be reset if you're comfortable with javascript, but again your changes will be overridden each time you modify the menu (like fixing a spelling error). There is no documentation. after first posting my review, the developer emailed me, begging me to remove it. I told them that if they could provide some documentation as to defining/resetting the breakpoint, I'd revise. The minute I took the review down, they changed their tune completely, and emailed me a terse response: "a few customers who want to make some design changes. But this is on their own. And we do not recommend this. Because our app was not built for this. ... But please keep in mind the most important thing: this is an app that needs to be used as it is. We do not recommend to modify it. Actually we even state this in Terms and conditions." Try Globo menu instead.

Aural Audio
Time spent using app: 13 minutes
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon) replied May 4, 2021

Hello! Please see below our answers:

- We did not begged you to remove the review, this is not true (have emails to prove it)

- We explained to you that the reason why we added !important was to make sure that our design changes can be applied to all the themes. Many themes will overwrite our styles if not used the !important. In order to make an app compatible with all the Shopify Themes we need to find solutions as general as possible. So, this is not a conspiracy on how to make life difficult for you.

- We also explained that you needed to create your own CSS file in order to solve the problem. You just didn't want to do it, even though this is the golden rule and all the developers respect it: when you want to modify an app, a code that it is not yours, you create your own files. There is not anything else we could have done to help you make the changes you wanted.

- You are chasing us for more than a month on all our channels and leave negative comments. On the app store, for example, you left us a 1 star review first from another store over a month ago, you closed that store and now you installed our app again on this new store only to leave this review. Your mind was already made up. You are just using programming terminology without a real backup and you don't want a communication with us or a solution. You just decided that we are bad.

We did try to help you in all the ways we could. We are sorry that our app was not a fit for you.

We really hope that you find what you are looking for with other apps. We wish you all the best!

Edited September 14, 2020

This is not a good application for reliability , nor if you want to get in touch with their customer service. Its only by email, no way else to contact them. Their navigation goes down many times, disrupts the smoothness of your site. We do not recommend this application, to many risks. And then no one to get ahold of to take care of the problems. Not a good feeling. There is better out there, as we have now.

Standartpark
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Buddha Apps (Zero Carbon) replied September 15, 2020

Hello,
I am very sorry about the issue that occurred on 10th of September. I know as a business owner myself how crucial it is to make sure you don't have a downtime.

As we explained in each of the emails you sent us, the issue was caused by a change made by Shopify to the script tags which affected our app and other Apps on the app store. We weren't given a previous notice about this change so we could not prevent this.

We take responsibility for every one of our faults, but in this case we could not have prevented it. Also, it was 2 am at our end when the issue occurred and we were working like crazy to solve the issue. And we solved it quite rapidly (a few hours) considering the huge amount of customers. So I think this speaks a lot about our customer service and our commitment.

I just want to mention that I searched through our emails and I saw that you had our app installed for 2 years and 9 months in which time you only contacted us once saying that the menu was not working ok, we sent you a reply with screenshots showing that was displaying perfectly and no response after from you. Also on 10th of September 2020 we replied to all 5 of your emails and we received no answer.

Indeed we are offering support only via email but it is a great support. Our
reply time is very short and we always come back with a solution. Again, if my colleagues leaving their children in the middle of the night to solve a customers problem is not a good support, then I do not know what it is.

My reply might seem a bit personal and honestly it is. Because we put our heart and soul in this. And at least my colleagues amazing work should be taken into account.

Again I am sorry about the downtime, no merchant should have experienced this and I wish you all the best in the future.

Rox