Buy Button channel

Buy Button channel

by Shopify

Sell your products on any website or blog.

BLACK PAPER STREETWEAR

After reading the instructions for the "Buy Button" it was rather easy to apply to my website. I created a sale within one of my blogs then applied the "Buy Button" ... now my customers can purchase the sale items directly from the blog post. Someone made a purchase the same day. Very happy with this app.

Katie So

Integrating the button to my website was simple. However the product images were so degraded, I was really disappointed. Despite trying different sizes, dimensions and resolutions (all saved for web), the images still look terrible. The option to have an enhanced button template was also missing, so even though I had multiple images and a product description, I wasn't able to choose the enhanced template feature to show those. There should be clarification that a Shopify "Free Trial" does not entitle you to truly run a store. I received error messages when first attempting to run transactions with no clear solution provided. This was only rectified when I paid for an account, which I didn't realize was necessary when signing up. I understand having to pay for the service, but the error message was not clear that that was the issue.

June 26, 2020

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'll be sure to pass along that feedback to the relevant teams. Your product images certainly shouldn't be degraded when using the button - I'd like to help you troubleshoot that further, so I'll send you an email shortly and we can take a look together. Talk soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

Alpine Shrine Skincare

Glad this feature exists because it allows me to continue using Wix as my front end (way more flexible than any Shopify theme, btw), however there are some limitations with the buy button.
- Sizing is awkward
- Only links to a specific product/collection, no other flexibility
-Only available as iFrame for WIX
-Uses a 'pop-up' cart, rather than a redirect, which is quite annoying.

All-in-all, there is plenty of room for improvement, and it works alright.

June 25, 2020

Hi, there! Thanks so much for the helpful feedback - I can definitely see how those changes would be valuable.

In regards to the pop up cart as opposed to redirecting the customer, we've found that it lowers user experience to redirect customers away from the page they're on, and often results in abandoned carts - though I certainly can see your point!

I'd like to gather a few more details about your other requests, so that I can pass those on to our developers for you. I'll reach out to you via email shortly and we can speak there. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

Landsharkz

I do like to be able to sell on another URL with the buy button. It is seriously lacking in its ability to have the same fields that a product has on a Shopify website... for example unable to include an input field for engraving. Also, we customize our packing slips and invoices... it would be nice to be able to include the sales channel on our packing slip. Finally, it would be great to be able to customize the sales emails related to the buy-button to customize them so they are different from normal store emails.

cheflocal

The app is great for driving prospects to a smooth and proven checkout experience. I also love using the Shopify platform and app even if my website isn't built in Shopify.
I was, however, disappointed to learn that it is impossible to use a custom domain for the express checkout page. When someones presses the buy button it takes them to the .myshopify.com domain which isn't ideal. Hopefully they can fix this sooner than later

fiftyrock

Nice and easy coding/merging with website, but I’ve had some issues where customers In Safari don’t receive the “cart checkout” pop up when clicking on “add to cart”.. not a lot of info out there on fixing this..

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! Thanks for reaching out about that. This is most likely because the customer has blocked any site popups on their browser, however I'd like to look into that further for you. I'll follow up with you via email shortly for some more information. Thank you. - Brie, Shopify Support

Masato Jones

Doesn't seem to work with Twitter? This page implies it does and gives setup instructions:
"After you create a checkout link, you need to share the link with customers so that they can use it. You can copy the link text and paste it in email campaigns, social media posts, or direct messages. For example, you could paste the link in a Twitter post to let your followers easily buy a product on sale, or you could text the link to a customer who messages you asking how to buy a product."
I've followed the instructions but only get options for a website or blog.
Does this not work for Twitter now?

20 Jun 2020 Still doesn't work, No email received from Brie. Maybe because I'm a contractor working on this site so therefore my email is not the one listed as Store Contact Email?

20 July - still nothing.

June 11, 2020

Hi, there! You can certainly create a checkout link to share on Twitter. You'll want to navigate to Products > select the product > More actions > Create checkout link. You would then copy it and share it on your Twitter. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to see if you need any further assistance with that. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

Homeschool Style Co.

Love using the buy button - it makes it really easy to add products into my Wordpress blog that are linked to my Shopify store. Thank you!

Venturo Watches

Buggy as hell when I tried to import my product catalog to Facebook. It simply doe not work. Keeps telling me some product info was missing but nothing was. Error, repeat, error, repeat, error.

June 3, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're encountering with this error message, and I'd really like to help look into this further and provide assistance. With that said, I'll send you an email shortly with more information. I look forward to discussing this with you soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Statement Aura

I made my first sale through this app.
I attract traffic to my store trough blog posts, and I place several buy buttons on them.
The trick is focusing on creating a good buying experience, and then try to sell. Instead of selling directly. I mean creating a warm audience.
Once your audience begins trusting you, that is when you can make the sale.
If you have many variants of a product, you can create a single button of a one of the variants (the one that you think that goes best with your blog post). Because sometimes people just scroll down your store and don't enter the product page so they don't see all variants.
It is not complicated, I like it.