Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

Sarah Soward

So far, my customers are getting their downloads. I reached out to customer service regarding a server error I am getting on Safari and Firefox and that the app does not function properly on either of those browsers. They did ask for screenshots of the error message, which I just sent them. However, I don't believe they're going to fix the problem on either of those browsers based their responses so far.

October 25, 2021

Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, however. I hope that our live support team is able to take a closer look once they receive the screenshots you took.

That said, something else you can try is re-installing the app to see if you are still getting the same issue upon re-installation. I also suggest clearing all your browser history, cookies and cache before doing so. Thanks again for your review! -Marty, Shopify Support.

Photodobe

1) App does not open in Safari at all. Developers do not care
2) Impossible to search for a specific order, which is needed when proving chargeback cases, i.e. that a customer has downloaded the product
3) Does not work properly in chrome. When you press add a download, it will go to all downloads and then you have to click back to actually upload a digital file that you wanted to add to a product. Conclusion: it's clear that the app has not been updated for ages.

October 11, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share this feedback. We can't be sure why it's not working on Safari, as it could be related to the browser settings. However, there are some great suggestions here, such as being able to search for specific orders or improve the functionality on Chrome, and we'd be happy to share your feedback with our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

GRAUX | Inspiring Guitar Loops

Hi. I have been using your app to run my business since Feb. 2021 and it looks like my clients does not always receive their digital goods. It seems like the browser they use does not matter. Is there a quick way to make sure my clients always gets what they pay for using your app ?

October 11, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It looks like we'll need to take a closer look at your account in order to resolve this issue. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and we'd be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

C D

Generally, the app works. However, there are some issues that would have been nice to deal with. Shopify does not support this app properly. Shopify does not update the app. It's extremely disappointing how Shopify treats users of the app. 1) There is no search by order number, this implies that you have to manually flip through pages of customers, which takes , to get into one particular customers' details. 2) Shopify has not updated an app and around a year ago, it stopped opening in Safari. I am sure if Shopify looks at the stats - a lot of ecommerce store owners use Mac computers. None of my requests through Shopify support lead to any changes. Shopify does not care and does not listen. Which is a bad practice in my opinion. 3) Yes, sure, it's a basic app and on average works well, but download speed can be slow sometimes. Maybe it would make sense to add a feature, where for extra $x download speeds could be improved. But this is a secondary question.

September 16, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your experience using the app here, and I'm sorry to hear that you've come across these issues. I can appreciate your frustration with these limitations and that they have not been addressed sooner. Our development team still ask that we provide feedback on the app from merchants to them so that they can be reviewed and considered, so I will be sure to submit your comments to them. Thanks again for reaching out. -Victor, Shopify Support

Beehive Wool Shop

This works well to add a single file to a product. However, it is exceedingly irritating to have to make adjustments on the variant level instead of product level. Ex, to change the fulfillment settings from automatic to manual. Or to add files - you have to individually add each file to each variant. I feel like there should be a tick box, or something in the general settings, to choose to make these changes on the product level. If digital downloads are a core piece of your business and you have a wide inventory, I would look at using another app!

July 29, 2021

Thank you for providing your feedback to us here and I can appreciate why the suggestions you have made would make the Digital Downloads app a more intuitive and useful app to use for your Shopify store. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team as merchant feedback is heavily considered when upgrading and improving the platform and our apps. -Victor, Shopify Support

Future in Hands

MAJOR BUG It has one major problem which needs to be corrected to improve the quality. It is not synced with the Shopify Products Admin. When we delete any product from Shopify admin, it doesn't get deleted from the digital download app. Even we cannot delete it manually afterwards. One more major issue is in my case that its showing duplicate attachments in my digital download dashboard. Means it is showing 2 rows for the same product in the Dashboard Page. When I try to delete one the one is still showing. Its very confusing... it must be rectified as its a bug..

July 27, 2021

I am sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues with the Digital Downloads app but thank you for providing us with your feedback here. I can see why these bugs would be an annoyance and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our development team. Merchant feedback plays a big part in how the Shopify platform and our apps develop over time so we appreciate you getting in touch here. -Victor, Shopify Support

IICONOICON

Digital Downloadersを使ってみて
結論でいえばDigitalコンテンツの販売がこのアプリを使うと簡単に実現します。とても便利でオススメします。
ただし問題点も多く混在します。まず商品リストの商品名を変更するとアプリのリストに反映されない!つまり商品名は永遠に訂正できない!
アップロードしたアタッチメントデータを削除しないで商品を削除すると、アプリのリストに削除した商品名が永遠に記載され続ける!
商品全て削除削除し、新規作成しない限り訂正手段がない!その場合、順番も変えれないのでチェックリストとして機能しない!
など、考えられないバグが存在します。このような問題があるので使用に際して、気楽に商品名を入力するとあとで訂正するのに大変な労力が必要なので使用する方は、この点を十分注意してください。
この点がなければ、とても機能的に優れてアプリなので早急の改善望みます。

www.HairPerfexion.com

It's good but slow. All my customers say they don't get their link to download until hours later. if the links popped up faster, this app would be amazing!

March 16, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using the app but am sorry to hear about these slow delivery speeds! I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so that you can be authenticated on your store, and this issue looked at more closely for you: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide us with your feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

Miasma Records

This app is just ok. Has basic features that allows to upload big files, but lacks lots of other important features.

November 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here. I'd like to hear more about the types of features that you'd be interested in seeing here, so I'll follow up with you via email for some more details. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

NFP Sports CT West

We have a customer that purchased 14 downloads and only received 10 links. I checked the download limits (all zero). The customer also fowarded me all the emails they received, so I confirmed only 10 links. What could have caused this and how can we fix it?

November 5, 2020

Hi, there! I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. The one thing that comes to mind is the customer having some sort of filter that began marking the digital deliveries as spam. I'll follow up with you via email so we can do some troubleshooting together. Talk to you soon! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Previous 1 3 4 5