Digital Downloads

Rating (3.1)
Developer
3.1
Edited February 1, 2023

Since last update I cannot access upload from within my product in shopify. "add digital file), error "no such page". But instead have to go the Apps new dashboard, search again for the product and only then can upload. THIS IS A MUCH WORSENED WORKFLOW!!
Will you do something about it?

Christians Sheet Music
Germany
Time spent using app: Almost 4 years
Edited January 31, 2023

The customer service agent is helping me patiently, so I will update my previous review. I am hoping the app issue can be solved soon, so I can start to sell

Eve Bee Psychic Reading Studio
Time spent using app: 10 months
January 16, 2023

I don't know if it's just me, but I've been using this app recently, but I kept getting a 504 Gateway timeout message. Then it told me the app was outdated. But after a while, the app worked absolutely fine. Is the app working OK?

Laura's Crafted Collectibles
Time spent using app: About 1 year
December 20, 2022

Useful app for my site - but there was a recent change where download file purchases can no longer be automatically flagged as Fulfilled. Is it possible to provide this option again?

PastPros
Time spent using app: About 5 years
Shopify replied January 11, 2023

Hey, there! This update only applies for bundled digital and physical products - you should still be able to automatically flag single file purchases as fulfilled. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team and let us know! - Brie

December 19, 2022

The app seems to work fine! When you upload a pdf file to a product it will be sent to the buyers e-mail.
The only issue that I had is that I want the pdf to show up at the products so my customers can download it for free (if they want) before buying the product. But anyway this is a free app so I am thankful anyway.

SmartElectros
Sweden
Time spent using app: About 2 months
July 10, 2022

Unfortunately you can't develop in SAFARI with this app. It would be really nice if they would have said that and saved me an hour trying to figure that out. I haven't tried testing a download with Safari as yet. Let's hope it at lest does that.

Old School Dungeon Master
Time spent using app: 3 months
Shopify replied July 26, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue. Some Shopify apps will not work correctly in Safari, and this is often due to the cross-site traffic settings within the Safari browser. We recommend that you head to Safari > Preferences > Privacy and unchecking the "prevent cross-site tracking" option.

Once this is done, please restart your browser and clear your browser's cache and cookies if need be. If the issue persists, you can contact our support team directly for further assistance: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

May 31, 2022

It badly misses the ability for users to re-download their files from their account page. It is such a hassle to keep having customers email because they can't access the links or lost the emails. If that would be added the app is definitely more than worthy of 5 stars!

Dragons' Garden
Netherlands
Time spent using app: About 2 years
Shopify replied June 21, 2022

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here. I can appreciate why customers being able to more easily re-download their files would be beneficial for both them and you, and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

May 15, 2022

The app certainly does do the job and is relatively easy to use. However, I cannot give it 5 stars without the ability for users to re-download their files from their account page. Having to direct confused customers to hunt down an email they may or may not have anymore is a poor user experience. That's a glaring problem, and I'll likely need to find another solution for digital products if I can't sort out a way to modify the template myself.

LambdaFive
Time spent using app: 3 months
Shopify replied June 8, 2022

Hi there, LambdaFive. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Digital Downloads. The ability for customer's to re-download perviously purchased files from their account is definitely something that we've had requested to be added in the past. I've gone ahead and passed this review along to our Product Teams so they can consider adding this functionality in a future update. Thanks again! -Imogen, Shopify Support

October 24, 2021

So far, my customers are getting their downloads. I reached out to customer service regarding a server error I am getting on Safari and Firefox and that the app does not function properly on either of those browsers. They did ask for screenshots of the error message, which I just sent them. However, I don't believe they're going to fix the problem on either of those browsers based their responses so far.

Sarah Soward
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Shopify replied October 25, 2021

Hi there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, however. I hope that our live support team is able to take a closer look once they receive the screenshots you took.

That said, something else you can try is re-installing the app to see if you are still getting the same issue upon re-installation. I also suggest clearing all your browser history, cookies and cache before doing so. Thanks again for your review! -Marty, Shopify Support.

October 9, 2021

1) App does not open in Safari at all. Developers do not care
2) Impossible to search for a specific order, which is needed when proving chargeback cases, i.e. that a customer has downloaded the product
3) Does not work properly in chrome. When you press add a download, it will go to all downloads and then you have to click back to actually upload a digital file that you wanted to add to a product. Conclusion: it's clear that the app has not been updated for ages.

Photodobe
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
Shopify replied October 11, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share this feedback. We can't be sure why it's not working on Safari, as it could be related to the browser settings. However, there are some great suggestions here, such as being able to search for specific orders or improve the functionality on Chrome, and we'd be happy to share your feedback with our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support