Digital Downloads

Digital Downloads

by Shopify

Sell digital products in your store

Debt Free Charts

DOES NOT WORK ON MOBILE - have to direct customers to download from a computer constantly. Make this work on mobile and it would be great, make it possible to attach multiple files and it would be fantastic.

September 1, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. I think there may be some workarounds we can explore together so I've gone ahead and sent you an email to discuss this further. Hope to continue the conversation on this there! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Digell - Stock Photo, Video, Audio for Creators.

Review / Stars based on my opinion and the store I was trying to create for content creators.

It's alright, I do videography, photography and capture my own audio files. This app does not support and doesn't show much support for audio/ambient/foley artists and videographers. The reason I say that is, one it does not support .wav files as standard and .mov files or prores files.

So those looking to maybe use this platform (Shopify) and this app (Digital Downloads) as a native solution to provide content or assets in uncompressed assets you need to look somewhere else.

Unless you're ok with compressing your files in the form of zipping. But if you want to provide the utmost quality, compressing files is not a solution.

Sadly Shopify is not a platform for creators in this sense.

I'm so sad :(

CANDYCUSH

You can only upload 1 digital file. Most of my clients can not download the attached file. I have to switch to another app.

J9 Designs, Inc.

I have a lot of complaints about exceeded downloads that were not actually downloaded, I have issues with files somehow disappearing after being uploaded successfully without notification, I have issues of orders not being completely fulfilled causing me to manually fulfill them. Currently, they are trying to help find out the issue, I will give it at least 3 stars right now as they are trying to find the issues and the app is not totally a waste of space. But once they get MAJOR issues of sending fixed I think it would easily be a 5 star app if it stays with consistency.

SavingNil

I'm pretty new on shopify, trying to sell some digital products, and I've been trying to understand why I can't display the link on the check out page and after spending hours on the issue I realized that there is something wrong with the app. It simply does not provide the digital download link at checkout. Needs to be fixed.

Rimóczi Zsófi

I have mixed feelings with this app. It's great that it's free and it does the job (recommended for e-books) you can set download limit to discourage illegal forwarding, BUT the limit what causes the trouble.
I get customer complaints every day that the download button didn't work and because they tried clicking on it many a few times, they exceeded the limit.

They didn't actually download the file but the app thinks they did.
This might be a device issue on their end but it's definitely something the developers should look into.
Setting the limit to unlimited still causes them negative customer experience because after they pay for a product, they get a download button that either works or not.

If this issue gets fixed, I'll give 5 stars immediately!

Trendy Visuals

For my clients that download on desktop, this app works great. But for clietns that download my contents on their mobile, this is not working... Does anyone have better solution for digital downloads?

AITExam.com

God I hate shopify. First, why do i have log in AGAIN in the same browser that I just logged into my "store". I came to shopify when I was in a bind, now Ive just been lazy. Ive lost 2k a month in sales since coming here. Google doesn't even have me indexed any more!!!! wtf. I was number 1 in my category on google search before I came here..back to current problem. How the .... do I view my digital download files that I uploaded? you would think this would be a normal request, or at least a simple way to access the files so I can see what up there. I am sure it is a simple 1 2 3 click here select that then click there..but I cannot find it. This little addon is working perfectly, but it lost something in it's navigation functionality. it's been...shopified.

julianprincedash® c/o Holy Stitch!®

dont work anymore...was great when it did stopped using it then came back to it and then damn smh. hopefully it comes back

Avroliner Project

This app works did not work for us. It would be nice to be able to use an upload in more than one purchase option. I'm sure the support team will get it working soon.

Previous 1 3 4