Digital Downloads , 414 reviews

2.8
October 12, 2013

Ok yes it's free, but it's annoying that when uploading and saving the file I get that kitten and 404 page and have two do it twice to work, I swear that kitten would have got it now if it was real.
Also why not a link where the customers can see there download ( new and used) on the customer account page, and emails going to spam, customers complain the chart has not been sent when it has then I get customers complaining.
Could be one of the best apps on shopify if they listened to us reviewers

Love Thy Thread
About 1 year using the app
November 23, 2014

Would get 5 stars easily if it could do the following:
* Allow users to get download link when they login to the store. It makes no sense how they can get tracking for their physical items through their account but cannot get a link to their digital download.
* Update fulfillment fields with link to download. This will allow anyone using the API to get and display the download link to customers.

dslrBooth
About 1 year using the app
June 6, 2023

It needs to support external link for a bigger download or a secure download on another website. And the 5GB limit is... limiting.

Fondation Face
Shopify replied June 6, 2023

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we truly appreciate it. We can completely understand the benefit of having that as a feature for the app. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with our developers to consider in future updates. - Blair, Shopify Support

Edited January 31, 2023

The customer service agent is helping me patiently, so I will update my previous review. I am hoping the app issue can be solved soon, so I can start to sell

Eve Bee Psychic Reading Studio
10 months using the app
March 6, 2021

It's good but slow. All my customers say they don't get their link to download until hours later. if the links popped up faster, this app would be amazing!

www.HairPerfexion.com
9 months using the app
Shopify replied March 16, 2021

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using the app but am sorry to hear about these slow delivery speeds! I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so that you can be authenticated on your store, and this issue looked at more closely for you: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide us with your feedback. -Victor, Shopify Support

October 5, 2021

Hi. I have been using your app to run my business since Feb. 2021 and it looks like my clients does not always receive their digital goods. It seems like the browser they use does not matter. Is there a quick way to make sure my clients always gets what they pay for using your app ?

GRAUX | Inspiring Guitar Loops
Belgium
8 months using the app
Shopify replied October 11, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. It looks like we'll need to take a closer look at your account in order to resolve this issue. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2Vt7Et5) and we'd be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

June 29, 2020

Review / Stars based on my opinion and the store I was trying to create for content creators.

It's alright, I do videography, photography and capture my own audio files. This app does not support and doesn't show much support for audio/ambient/foley artists and videographers. The reason I say that is, one it does not support .wav files as standard and .mov files or prores files.

So those looking to maybe use this platform (Shopify) and this app (Digital Downloads) as a native solution to provide content or assets in uncompressed assets you need to look somewhere else.

Unless you're ok with compressing your files in the form of zipping. But if you want to provide the utmost quality, compressing files is not a solution.

Sadly Shopify is not a platform for creators in this sense.

I'm so sad :(

Digell - Stock Photo, Video, Audio for Creators.
7 months using the app
June 10, 2020

You can only upload 1 digital file. Most of my clients can not download the attached file. I have to switch to another app.

CANDYCUSH
Germany
January 31, 2014

Works about 75 percent of the time. Doesn't always send out the emails which is a pain and a hassle.

Michael Kory Fitness
September 19, 2018

great app and seems to work about 70% of the time. usually delivers but sometimes fails to do so. Its also got a little bit of a small file size limit making it hard to use for most digital download videos

SturmanPhoto