Digital Downloads , 438 reviews

2.8
February 2, 2018

Has been working great for me, the only problem I have is that I have some "mixed" products (i.e. products containing a physical good that needs to be shipped + a digital good). Right now the digital good doesn't get delivered until the physical good is shipped. I'd LOVE it if this app could ship the digital good right away, and leave the order partially fulfilled until I ship the physical product.

Shannon Brinkley Studio
Almost 2 years using the app
June 1, 2021

Good while it lasted. I used this digital download app for downloadable purchases and freebies on my blog using the Shopify Lite (Buy Button) only plan. Unfortunately, effective end of May 2021 this app doesn't work anymore for Shopify lite/Buy button only users so I have to find an alternative. Otherwise, my experience with Shopify digital downloads was great...while it lasted.

Impurrfectlife shop
4 months using the app
Shopify replied June 9, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. I wasn't able to find any changes made to the Shopify Lite plan or the Digital Downloads app in our changelog (https://bit.ly/3vOQnrP) for May 2021. Nevertheless, our Support team would be happy to take a look with you. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3gqKnPt) and log in to your account to create a support request. Thank you! -Elias, Shopify Support

November 14, 2017

Its free. Ok. Does what it says on the tin. I have used for over a year with great results. Can track downloads and see who has downloaded what, but it is a bit clunky. Would love improved tracking and analysis. Neater layout options for non technical person would also help.

Styleintelligence
Over 1 year using the app
June 2, 2016

Easy to use and a good free app to get started with. Does have some limitations as you can't bulk upload files etc but does what it says.

Maplogic
Over 1 year using the app
March 4, 2014

Doesn't work for me anymore, I get 500 error every time I use the thing. It fixed after a day itself but i can't use in the webpage like i used to be able to, i have to access it through the shopify website. weird

LOCKDOWNRSVP
3 months using the app
May 19, 2020

pelvi.com have been using Digital Downloads for a year, it's a great free app if you want to offer eBooks.

Pelvi Store
October 5, 2016

It's free and bearing that in mind it's superb.

Born To Produce
October 9, 2018

We installed this app as we have several ebook type products on our store. It works perfectly, automatically emailing our customers with the link to download without us having to do anything. Only downside is that when you have a mixed order, with both physical and downloadable products you either have to manually email the customer a link or remember that even though the order has been marked "fulfilled" you still need to ship the physical products.

Vitality and Wellness
March 4, 2019

what a useful app, works well for the need of my store, www.artatler.com, an art marketplace! It does help to allow me to sell digital items. It's light. I do hope that it can allow digital download without redirection to a new download page. But it works just fine for my current need.

www.artatler.com, art marketplace & digital art gallery.

Artatler
Singapore
10 months using the app
March 29, 2017

Great app, we often have orders with both digital products and physical items and this app seamlessly allows customers to download their files from the Thanks For Buying page. The "Create a Manual Link" facility is great as well for sending one-offs to customers who haven't/can't go through the shopify checkout.

Simple, easy, reliable, flexible.

The Edge Products