Discount Ninja

Discount Ninja

by Limoni Apps

Special offers. Tiered & stacked discounts. BOGOs. Free gifts.

Redbarn.com

Working with Discount Ninja has been very painful. I really like the idea of everything they offered, but it is just that- an idea. Basically everything they advertised is everything we needed and wanted, so we were willing to pay for their premium plan. You would think that having this plan you would receive a top tier support but Bart did not respond to multiple requests for over 72 hours. Now, the finally reason that we decided to end our partnership was because they were not compatible with subscriptions services which we had installed on our site for some time. That is no fault of their own and I understand if they are not compatible, there's nothing that can be done. This review is more about their customer support. We had issues with their free gifts charging customers the actual amount of their product, which is a huge no-no when you are dealing with customers money. We literally had to refund over 20+ customers which makes our business look terrible. Now, I understand if the reason this was happening was due to the subscription service, but even after letting him know how huge of a priority this was I had to follow up with him over 4 times just to get a response that he was still working on it. Before knowing the root cause he had said it was fixed about 3 times and every time we found out that there was still another issue or was not actually fixed. This app may work for you if you do not have any incompatibilities and do not need any support but it has been a huge nightmare for us. Also, they had so much code inside our live theme. The application that we found now has been so much easier to deal with and is compatible with subscriptions, so there are better choices out there. I would really recommend improving your service to customers if #1: you want to keep customers and #2 you want to avoid bad reviews. If the service was good and the application did not work for us, I would never have taken my time to write this review.

July 14, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry to hear that the free gift promotion did not work well with the other apps you have and the specific theme you use. We continue to invest in improving the app to ensure it is compatible with as many themes and apps as possible. Mid-June we released an update (https://releasenotes.discountninja.io/) that allows for better integration with subscription solutions. The free gift capabilities have also been improved.

Quick note: the app is a little bit more than "just an idea" ;-) Discount Ninja was created in 2016 and has seen 4 major releases, many more minor releases, and continuous development and UX improvements. It is the most complete promotions app available for Shopify. It combines free gifts, with BOGO, volume discount, Spend x, get y promotions. It also supports stacked discounts, a custom promotion code field as well as Dynamic Pricing to show discounted prices. On top of that, it offers fully configurable building blocks (widgets) to advertise your offers on your store. The app provides the necessary promotions that help Shopify merchants to increase Average Order Value and conversion rates.

Our many Shopify and Shopify Plus customers see significant results once the app is integrated properly.

robertachiarella.com

i have only used this app for about 10 days BUT i really needed help and the support team help me all day!!!! through chat and email i am so impressed with how much they care. If you need help they are there.

DeMassageWinkel

We installed this app because we were looking for some advanced discount options, It was the worse decision we ever made. The installation support of this app is terrible. The app didn't work for our store, but instead of helping us out immediately, they told us to wait for a couple of days or hire a developer. In the mean time we were not able to offer any discounts. In the end, the app worked, but it was making our checkout terribly slow. It took around 5 second to load the cart template, and around 20 seconds to redirect to the checkout. When I told the support about this, they told me that they couldn't do anything about it now because there developers are busy (we even offered to pay!). After that, we wanted to uninstall the app. Although they helped us with removing leftover code quite quickly, they forgot some of the leftover code, so we still had to remove the app by ourselves... Honestly I wouldn't recommend this app to any store owner. It is hard to understand that the support of this app is so terrible for a monthly payment of $70.

July 5, 2021

Thank you for your review.

As discussed on the phone and over email, we are sorry to hear the second and third-level support teams did not have sufficient availability to assist you immediately during your onboarding process.

The availability of our technical staff was extremely limited at the moment you installed due to the fact that we were rolling out an important update to the app, which, among other things included improvements in the checkout performance. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Should you decide to reinstall the app, we will provide you with an extra onboarding call to ensure you can test all the features during your trial!

Posh Puppy Boutique

What an amazing Team and app. If you are having problems with the Shopify Shipping charges. This has been extremely easy to figure out with an amazing Customer Service Team make sure to give all the information I need to be successful in making the promotion I'm looking for. They give photos, step by step procedures and quick on responding on any questions I may have. Thank you for all of your help!

Madison Ashley

After trying out over 100+ apps in the last 5 years.... Discount NInja had by far the best customer support I have ever experience in the last 24 hours of installing the app. We were trying to get the app to do something specific in the cart page and a few errors occurred in the process. So, we did the onboard assistance and they worked on the issue, a staff member got on a call with me to make sure 1. the app functions the way we want it to and 2. all of my questions were answered (which were many... to make sure the app functioned the way we wanted to) I truly appreciate this level of support. Thank you again Bart (discount ninja member who assisted me) and Discount Ninja staff.

Yoga Studio Store

Installed this app and had a few issues to start with, support initially took a few days due to the COVID issues. However Bart from there support contacted via email and fixed all my issues, he even went to the lengths of creating videos to set things up how we needed it.
Brilliant app and support was very good, I would highly recommend.

DRAGON VAPE

Fantastic App with even better support. Bart and his team are always available (even in the middle of the night) to support us. Keep it up guys.

TransformationAcademy

This app has been a life-saver! I had a unique need to have discounts auto-apply when a customer landed on a specific page and Discount Ninja helped me FINALLY get this to work! They also set up Dynamic Pricing for me (a free feature if you request it). But, more than anything it is their customer support that is FANTASTIC! They helped me find a way to make their app do what I need. They trouble shooted with me to get the dynamic pricing working. They even talked to support for another app I was having trouble integrating with (PageFly) and they worked it out with them FOR me. In the tech world it is RARE to find this level of service. WELL DONE and thank you!

Dans un Jardin

Amazing customer service Responsiveness was super fast and helped us resolved conflicts with 2 different apps, where the other customer service's barely even responded to our requests for help with our compatibility issues.

Amino Co. Supplements

After installing: - Free gifts would not show up in the cart unless the page was refreshed. - When the free gifts did show up it would show the full price not that it was added to the customer's cart as a free gift. - Sometimes even at checkout the item would not be discounted or recognized as a free gift. - Paid for express installation of dynamic pricing and after a week there were no changes. Although they did alter the code in my theme, nothing worked properly. - Unreliable behavior, sometimes gifts or discounts would not be added. After the theme was altered by their team to install dynamic pricing: - The time it took to load the checkout was over 10 seconds. When the user clicked the checkout button it would appear that nothing happened and the checkout was not loading. - The themes cart icon at the top right of the page is now pushed off the right of the page slightly. - Page load speed score dropped from around 35-36 which was rated as an average load time for stores like mine to 30 which is rated as slower than stores like mine. After uninstalling: - The themes cart icon at the top right of the page is still pushed off the right of the page slightly. - Page speed score has remained the same. - I have reached out to support to ask for help on this and make sure all the code that was manually entered when trying to install dynamic pricing is removed and they have been unresponsive.

March 17, 2021

Hi there Michael,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Very sorry to hear you had a poor experience setting the app up.

The setup on themes, including Turbo, with drawer carts can be a bit more complex and can involve some minor JavaScript edits. You requested our team to set it up for you and it looks like the work done was not done well. I'm sorry about that and, as mentioned in the communication I sent via email, I'm happy to review and fix that myself.

Discount Ninja is designed to show a discounted checkout. It does so by taking over the checkout button. Some other apps or scripts can prevent the app from doing that successfully. In such cases, our support team can help you troubleshoot that. The effect the app has on the performance of the load of the checkout is minimal when the implementation is done correctly.

As mentioned via email I understand mistakes were made on our side on the setup of the app and I'd welcome an opportunity to fix that for you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14