Shop Protector

Protect Your Checkout + Stop Form Spam & Fake Accounts

From $3.99/month. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Victoria's Chest

UPDATE: The app developer personally attacked me in an email even though one of their employees was very kind in wanting to help me fix the problem explaining the delay. But because of what the CEO said to me I will never pay for any of their services or recommend it to anyone. I'm the kind of person that will change my review if I get great service. But that email just told me I did the right thing in expressing my frustrations. Shopify you need to protect your store owners from companies that treat them like this! I stand by what I said below: This app killed my stores performance. When I tried to reach out to them for help I got no response. So I'm taking the stars I gave originally completely away. As a business owner going to school and raising my kids I do not have time to chase companies like this down only to get ignored. I'm moving on and seriously thinking about leaving Shopify altogether. I have nothing but headaches dealing with this platform.

April 29, 2022

Thank you for your review. We strive to offer excellent customer support at all times. It is unfortunate that the support representative assigned to your request was out sick for several days uncharacteristically. While an apology doesn't help speed up the delay, after returning to work we offered to help but you turned it down. I'm sorry that you feel that the app caused performance issues on your shop. That is not typical and if you should decide to change your mind please reach out and we will be glad to provide you an extended free trial and assist you with anything you need.

Safana Jewellery

Do NOT download this app. They cancelled 2 of my customer orders due to their own 'fraud analysis'. Shopify's fraud analysis said it was a low risk order, however Shop Protector app decided to cancel for no reason. One customer paid with Klarna Buy Now Pay Later and another with Visa. Both customers reached out to me after regarding their cancelled order. This app will ruin your business and you will lose out on potential orders. Both of my orders were high value orders and because of Shop Protector I almost lost had the customers not reached out to me themselves. I had this app for only a week!

December 23, 2019

We appreciate your comments, we have reached out a number of times asking that you reinstall briefly so our tech team could troubleshoot and solve your issue. This is very atypical and we would like to determine what in your configuration setup has caused this problem.

SeabuckWonders

Zero stars. Negative zero stars.

It's Black Friday.

This app cancelled and REFUNDED 13 orders on my website. All of these sales were lost. And guess what? No one can fix the problem because it's a third party app. DO NOT USE THIS APP!

December 3, 2019

Of the tens of thousands of transactions that we handled on BFCM, your experience was very unique. Since you uninstalled we can not troubleshoot your specific issue and as we suggested via email, we would like if you could reinstall and we can monitor this install and troubleshoot in real time and solve this for you.

Crimson and Clover Studio

Cancelled orders that were NOT from bots! Lost money and had to placate irritated customers. Would not recommend.

December 3, 2019

As requested numerous times via email, we'd like you to reinstall so we can monitor the installation and see what was interferring...........

Brainy Pup

I used this app during the trial period, and would not recommend to people looking to protect form submissions and whose traffic is primarily mobile (as mine was). I installed a session tracker, and saw that many real people were attempting to submit their emails in my form on mobile, but that there were errors that were preventing them from submitting successfully. Needless to say, this was a loss in leads for me.

Not only that, when I uninstalled the app before the trial ended, they still charged me for the service. I recall uninstalling right on time (I had a calendar reminder for the exact date), but they claimed that I was 2 days late. Fine. I wrote back wondering if they could waive the monthly fee since I was only "over" by TWO days and I had lost so many leads, and it was crickets on their end. Other apps I use have much better customer service!

Eclectically Simple, LLC

I have installed the application but when I continue the setup process and attempt to create a new account nothing happens. Not useful in its current state. I have reached out for support and received an email asking if I had it installed but nothing more.

June 25, 2019

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your set up of Shop Protector. As we had discussed with you, we identified a unique issue to you that happened during the account creation process for your store which caused an error in our application. We were since able to solve this problem and assist you in protecting your store. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in any way.

Will Baur
Director of Product Management
Ellipsis Technologies

Monsta Vapour

I thought this app would stop spam bots visiting my site, it does not... very very disappointed, i think i will uninstall seems of no benefit to me.

March 1, 2019

Hello,

In some cases the automatic form protection is unable to properly protect all forms for certain themes. In these cases it is necessary to use the form protection menu to get these forms protected. Alternatively our support team is available to actually go in and protect those forms for you. I believe that this was the problem you were experiencing. If you would be willing to reinstall our application I would be happy to personally ensure all of your forms are properly protected. Simply send our support team an email if you decide to reinstall and we will make sure your site is fully protected!