Facebook & Instagram , 4,539 reviews

3.8
October 21, 2022

Facebook is the worst company ever. Don't use them. They restrict commerce accounts without no reason.

3D Crystal Gift
Meta replied October 26, 2022

Hello there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.

Thomas | Shopify

November 16, 2020

This App is so poor only install if a) you are prepared to spend a lot of time attending to it, and b) are a highly experienced operator of Facebook Business Manager: multiple issues on setting up - then when set up is finally accomplished, ongoing random changes appear to the settings requiring further attention. Shopify Support of limited help as unable to access Facebook side of things to marry up. Not worth even one star.

Memento Jewellery
Meta replied November 17, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review and sharing your experience. While our app makes it easier to connect your store to Facebook, we are limited in what we can assist with if an error message is being sent by Facebook. In that regard, I'd like to hear more about the issues you are currently facing to ensure you are getting the support you need. I'll be sending you an email shortly to discuss. - Anna, Shopify Support

Edited March 13, 2021

The app is giving us a temporary error on Facebook when trying to setup checkout on Facebook & Instagram. Facebook support tells us that the bank is not supported. We tried Chase, Wells Fargo and BB&T for payments and all are giving the same temporary error since January. Facebook support is useless and we were told by Shopify support to contact Facebook! Here is the error on the last screen: "A temporary problem occurred when trying to complete your request. Please try again later." This is not acceptable.

Trovelle
Meta replied March 17, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. That definitely sounds like a frustrating experience since Facebook was not able to help you with the error message or with adding your banking details. While we have no control over their payment methods/acceptance, I'd still like to ensure we have provided you the resources you need to contact them. I will be in touch shortly via email to connect with you. - Anna, Shopify Support

December 6, 2022

this app ruins the business and wast our time and energy. We can not link and sell on Instagram. It works with Facebook only. It says our shop meets all requirments. there are 3 bugs. 1. Verify your domain
We need to verify that you own the domain that you entered in your account. We'll walk you through the steps needed for verification, or you can submit a different domain for review
Appeal unsuccessful
Your review was unsuccessful. domain could not be connected to your shop. -> it is perfectly connected!! how can we set up our store without connecting it to shopify!!! Please think twice before you speak. 2. This website is not approved
Product unavailable on your website
To use this website, your products must be sold on the website connected to your account. -> they are pretty much 100% sold very clearly and surely. 4 year old boy can even see it. who does even ask for it withtou selling products!! 3. Your account has been rejected for a shop on Instagram
After reviewing your submitted domain, we found that it doesn't comply with our Commerce Eligibility Requirements. If you think there’s been a mistake, you can request another review. -> Like I said there is no problem to sell on Facebook. It says account quality is good. we have asked to review over and over. no improvement. is there any workers?

Global Ichiba
Japan
Meta replied December 6, 2022

[December 7 Update]

Hi there!

Thank you for your patience as we investigated your issue. From my understanding, we have now successfully unblocked you, so you should be all set. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for using the Facebook & Instagram app!

Thanks,
Steve

February 8, 2023

If I can, I must grade it zero star. Facebook & Instagram do not provide any technical support. You have to solve all problems by yourself. Please be aware of this before installing any Facebook and/or Instagram app as your sales channel.

TactnTech
Hong Kong SAR
Meta replied May 4, 2023

Hi There!
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and would like to assist you with a resolution. Please contact our Business Support team via this link https://help.shopify.com/en/support/support-type?returnTo=topic-select/sales-channels/sell-on-facebook-or-instagram so we can follow up with you directly and ensure you have the best possible experience.

[Meta Support].

December 13, 2022

I wish I could give negative stars. DO NOT add this channel to your store, especially if you are already having some success. This app ruined my account eligibility and chances for reinstatement of all 4 of my FB commerce accounts. I’ve been running shops on FB for almost 3 years now.

All this app does is waste our time and energy. It does not support proper reporting or integration with Shopify. I have errors at every turn with unknown causes. Even when I’ve satisfied all the setup checklists and my shop meets all requirements, there continues to be bugs. I thoroughly configured every aspect of my shop, connecting it to my business manager, LLC, verified my business and satisfy every single eligibility requirement, but somehow my commerce shops still dont comply with our Commerce Eligibility Requirements.

90 % of my sales came directly from organic facebook traffic. And now suddenly my shop doesn’t meet requirements. I have excellent reviews and received only one return request out of all my Facebook sales. This experience has me ready to give up on selling on Facebook altogether. Thanks for nothing.

hairlaidy
Meta replied December 14, 2022

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm sorry that you've been having problems with the Facebook & Instagram app. I've passed this review to our support team and they are taking a look.

If you haven't already, you can reach out to our support at https://admin.shopify.com/apps/facebook-ads/shopify_app/support with more information.

Thanks,
Steve

November 19, 2021

Worst app ever!!! I was forced to delete and re-download because there was an apparent Facebook error that not even support could fix. I re-downloaded and now I'm unable to connect with my existing commerce account as well as activate my Instagram channel which is already eligible for instagram shopping. So frustrated! This app needs to be fixed! You would think a billion dollar company would have the toolset to make stuff like this seemless. Why is this so difficult?

Sunrise Surf Shop
Meta replied November 22, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with re-setting up the Facebook Channel. I do want to make sure that you get the support that you need, so I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication.

Adil | Shopify

November 28, 2022

bring back old version this one is so bad that i cant even stup my pixel properly. pls bring back previous vers.

Simpativa
Serbia
Meta replied November 30, 2022

Hi There!

Aaron here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram App and provide any help you might need.

If you would like assistance and haven’t already reached out, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience.

Thank you, Aaron.

November 25, 2022

I just want to use Instagram but you have to go through Facebook first and they declined me getting a Facebook account. Smh. Like why for one and two i don't even want to use Facebook. I don't even have Facebook i have Instagram. Just a waist of time trying to get this option on my website. End. SMS.

Social Media Streets
Meta replied November 25, 2022

Hi There!

Kristin here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram app and provide any help you might need.

If you would like assistance, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience.

January 6, 2023

I can't install the app properly small app have better customer service.... 48 hours to have a reply ?

BRUT Clothing
France
Meta replied January 6, 2023

Hi There!

Shawn here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram App and provide any help you might need. If you would like assistance and haven’t already reached out, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience

Thank you!