Facebook & Instagram , 4,565 reviews

3.8
November 25, 2022

I just want to use Instagram but you have to go through Facebook first and they declined me getting a Facebook account. Smh. Like why for one and two i don't even want to use Facebook. I don't even have Facebook i have Instagram. Just a waist of time trying to get this option on my website. End. SMS.

Social Media Streets
Meta replied November 25, 2022

Hi There!

Kristin here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram app and provide any help you might need.

If you would like assistance, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience.

September 25, 2022

Here is what happened, I installed the Facebook Sales Channel, I connected my account, I created new Facebook page specially for my website, I created new Instagram page specially for my website, both separate from my personnel one. I tried to create ad campaign following Shopify video instruction, I got violation and Facebook disabled my ad account, I contacted Facebook customer service back and forth for weeks, they asked me for verification for my LLC company, I sent them all the company papers, they asked again to verify ID, I scanned my driver license and sent it to them, they asked for a recording showing what the issue, I recorded everything and send it to them, in the end they said I unfortunately they will not be able to activate that account again. I tried to delete that ad account or disconnect my card it didn't work. I let it go, and create new ad account, I tried to link the current both pages FB & IG they didn't allow it. I contacted Shopify customer support to help me out, they make create new business manager to the account and I needed to create new Facebook page and new Instagram page, I did that, now the verification process again in the other side, I repeated the same process, uploading my company info and my DL, after months and months I have everything or that I was thinking, the products don't sync asking for image link, then they asked for google category link something like that, and I don't have a shop so I need to setup the shop, I tried to setup the shop but can't access the Facebook channel and it was saying "something went wrong try again later" I contact the Shopify customer service again through live chat, and the girl asked me to delete the Facebook Channel and add it again, I did, and now I have to setup again, I connected my Facebook account, but here I'm can't link any of my Facebook pages or Instagram pages because I don't have presence on both platforms, and asking me to create new Facebook page and new Instagram page, a year in this cycle, my stress level to the roof, and I don't want any of your apologies, just try to make it easy for these people over there who try to do something for themselves in this pandemic. Thank you.

Sophia Alpha
Meta replied September 27, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out with your feedback. My name is Vance and I work for Shopify Support. I can take a look at your store and help you determine the steps we can take to reach a resolution. Please look for my upcoming email so we can talk about the specifics.

Vance | Shopify Support

January 6, 2023

I can't install the app properly small app have better customer service.... 48 hours to have a reply ?

BRUT Clothing
France
Meta replied January 6, 2023

Hi There!

Shawn here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram App and provide any help you might need. If you would like assistance and haven’t already reached out, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience

Thank you!

Shawn

July 1, 2021

This app is not working properly since 15 th June 2021. Prior to that time line performance of the app was good. I used to convert 50-60 order per day through facebook advertisement. Now the sale become less than 10 order per day. No server side integration is there for purchase event now.

ALWARWALA
India
Meta replied July 1, 2021

Hey there,

Luke here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with the performance of the app. I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further.

Luke | Shopify Support

May 7, 2021

Facebook and IG Shop are not working correctly. For some strange reason my active products are no longer in the tag products options, the only one that appears are the inactive products. Seriously? I had to delete the app and re-installed it but the issue continues. Have contact customer services and have not get a response from them yet. Definitely will need to try another social media option and do ads there instead of Facebook or Instagram since I am unable to tag products and it feels like I am back to 2018 where that option did not exist. What a bummer!

Hello Luxy
Meta replied May 11, 2021

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Although the Instagram app's tagging feature is fully supported by Instagram's team, there could be a few different instances where the product catalog might not be syncing properly to Facebook and subsequently to Instagram.

I'd love to check in on this with you to cover our basis so you can get the most out of the Facebook Channel and will be following up with you via email to offer assistance to get this figured out! Chat soon!

Nidhi | Support Specialist

Edited September 13, 2021

I only want to use Instagram where I can add tags to my website, not the Facebook website that directs to my Shopify checkout. I don't really want to connect both Facebook and Instagram, surely you can connect whichever you please! Facebook always saying 'Request to review issues' ... there's nothing wrong with any of my products - hence I just uninstalled facebook shop. Besides Facebook business manager and Facebook page is so confusing!!

Azana Photo Frames
Meta replied September 15, 2021

Hello,

Jack here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. It is definitely possible to just use the Instagram feature of the app, but it does require linking some Facebook accounts. I will reach out to you over email to help you out.
Jack | Shopify

November 9, 2022

WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SETUP OUR SHOP . YOUR TEAM CAN HELPUS OR NOT BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING FOR IT FROM A LONG TIME .

Own Silent International
India
Meta replied November 14, 2022

December 18, 2020

Majority of the time it doesn't work, the other times it requires me to reauthenticate, "load cookies".

droplets
Meta replied December 22, 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I can definitely understand how frustrating that may be. It sounds like you might have been experiencing a browser related issue when using the app. I'd be more than happy to investigate this further for you! I’ve sent out to an email to you and hope to hear more of your thoughts soon. - Abdalla, Shopify Support

February 1, 2021

Everything was fine but like with everything else...they "updated" it and "fixed" everything and now it doesn't work.

Brand Dead
Meta replied February 2, 2021

Thank you for leaving your review. As you know merchant feedback is extremely important to us so I'd like to hear more details on the issues you are currently encountering and how I can help. I will be sending you an email shortly to discuss and I look forward to hearing back. - Anna, Shopify Support

June 19, 2021

worst app.. this app should track better, should not kick me out so often because of "safety" and if I login to often to my new BM then fb also give a security flag.. worst app! can not recommend at all for now.. fix all those things and it should be a good app.. but men, one of the most important app being so bad, how can this happen?

Temanu
Germany
Meta replied June 23, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with staying logged in within the Facebook Channel. I'm going to check over your account and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further.

Robyn | Shopify