Facebook & Instagram , 4,557 reviews

3.8
December 19, 2022

I wouldn't use FB as I was setting it up and 3 months later FB reject my shop due to a policy violation. Now I sell handmade silver jewellery so I don't know what policy I violated as the Customer service with FB is appalling ie no email or phone number to contact and you only have three try's to dispute before they lock your whole account so I would stay away from using them.

Earth and Silver
Meta replied December 19, 2022

Hi There,

Aaron here with Meta. Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram app and provide any help you might need.

If you would like more assistance, please contact us through our business support team (https://www.facebook.com/business/help), so we can ensure you have the best possible experience.

Aaron

August 29, 2021

Blocked brand new website from advertising on Instagram and Facebook without reason saying that the website was spam. The website is in compliance with community guidelines. Reached out without any response. Holding up progress. Will not be using. A huge hassle. Better bet is to use social proof to grow social media and use a different platform to drive traffic to website.

Draype
Meta replied September 1, 2021

Hello,

Jack here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jack | Shopify

Edited January 10, 2023

I can't connect my store, it was connected but the instagram shop wasn't syncing up properly, so I tried again. I removed the connection but when I try to add it now it gives me the error message: Each asset is already associated with a different shop. Please disable one to proceed.

I read the previous bad reviews and Kristin and Aaron nicely reply and refer the bad reviews to contact their support team on the link: https://www.facebook.com/business/help.

Now here's the joke there is no way to contact them! There is a big button in the right top corner of the screen that says "Get support" you click it! You get redirected to https://www.facebook.com/business/help/support but guess what it's just an empty page.

West Valley
Netherlands
Meta replied April 13, 2023

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I'm sorry to hear you had issues with connecting your Instagram shop in the app, and with getting in touch with support through the links we provided.

I hope that in the time since you left this review, you've been enjoying the app and haven't had any more issues. If you'd like to talk to support, and for some reason the support link at www.facebook.com/business/help is not loading for you, you can reach out via the 'Get Support' links in the Facebook & Instagram app itself, or we also have a support link in your Commerce Manager too.

Best,
Cailla

October 25, 2021

I keep trying to connect my actual facebook commerce account and this app is a mess. It doesnt even work, why does it exist? Is there any other way to connect to Facebook? I want my money back from shopify if they cant provide the very basic business function that was promised to me as a business owner and consumer. It just refuses to connect, and apparently everyone is having the same issue. Please assist.

Chez Sep Boutique
Meta replied October 27, 2021

Hi there!

Paola here from Shopify! I understand that it can be very frustrating to be unable to connect your Facebook account. To give you a bit more context, Facebook Commerce Manager is a platform to set up a shop and manage sales on both Facebook and Instagram. Usually, it is required to create a new Commerce Account that is associated with your Shopify store. This step is important because when you’re bridging a connection between Shopify and Facebook, you’re syncing your Shopify owned product catalog over to Facebook’s side of things. It is important to note that Facebook needs to approve it based on their commerce policies. I will be reaching out to you through email shortly to provide you with more details.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Paola | Shopify

October 19, 2022

It's not working. I am disappointed : get an error message. i can't even connect to the facebook and connect my pixel.

aganewstech
Meta replied October 20, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use the Facebook channel on your store and leave a review. It sounds as though your shop is being affected by a known issue on Facebook’s team which their team is working on resolving. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication, in order to let you know when the issue has been resolved!

Charlotte | Shopify

May 27, 2022

An absolute joke of an app! My facebook account was hacked two months ago, which meant my business page on Facebook also disappeared. Facebook has not even bothered to reply to my message regarding this. I therefor had to set up another personal Facebook page and a new business page on Facebook. When I try to connect this app to my new Facebook page, it tells me that someone else owns the the domain. So with Facebook not bothering to reply, I'm stuck without the ability to sell on Facebook. Absolute waste of time!

DIRT & GLORY
Meta replied May 31, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. We want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the channel. I'll be sending an email shortly to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

May 26, 2021

I had installed the Businessmaster account and connected to my Facebook account and anything went wrong, which I am not aware of what it was. I had to identify myself, which I did, but I never received an answer on many requests I wrote to Facebook. Nothing. I contacted Shopify, but I was told to contact Facebook. That I repeatedly did without getting any response. Absolutely disappointing and frustrating behavior, no clou of customer and user orientation. So I deleted everything connected to Facebook channel.

Bags by Sumageza
Germany
Meta replied May 27, 2021

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with the Facebook Channel. We do our best to help out with in any way we can. I will be following up with you through email to share some additional modes of contact that can help when getting in touch with Facebook. Looking forward to chatting with you! Spencer | Support Specialist

December 3, 2022

This is the worst integration app on shopify, literally a minefield to workout i have been trying to get shop linked to my instragram account and that has been a pain! first if you do not have a facebook page dont even bother. Even when you do create one you are restricted so whats the point. I have sent all documents i can muster and still restricted. Fix it!!!

GenesandStitches
Meta replied December 5, 2022

Hi There!

Kristin here with Meta! Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We would love to hear more about your experience with the Facebook & Instagram app and provide any help you might need.

June 7, 2021

What's the point? I try to connect via Shopify to Facebook utilising this ad. I have attempted so many times that I am uninstalling once again in order to see if that will fix the issue but I will not hold my breath!
This is not a rare problem but attempting to rectify as an end user & store owner has a massive impact on business and the working day.

Lab & Co
3 months using the app
Meta replied June 9, 2021

Hi there!

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you've been having with getting connected - there are many moving parts to the Facebook Channel so I'm going to look into this further to find out the issue, and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can get you up and running.

Robyn | Shopify

October 21, 2020

Like many others who have reported the same issue with this app from Shopify in the Community forum and 1* review comments, our Facebook account was restricted within minutes of installing. We only required it to set up our pixel. We now cannot advertise at all with Facebook or Instagram. I have taken the necessary steps Facebook request to review our account but, due to COVID, it states there are delays. As a wedding business severely impacted by current COVID regulations in the UK, this is disastrous for us. Sarah on Shopify Support chat tried her best to help but said Shopify cannot escalate issues to Facebook which is disappointing considering Shopify's app caused the issue for us and others. I would have expected the Shopify app developers to be able to resolve issues directly with Facebook rather than leave it to their clients to resolve with Facebook. Our only option is hope Facebook review our appeal soon... or that Shopify step in and take ownership.

Glitzy Secrets
3 months using the app
Meta replied October 22, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to leave a review. Merchant feedback is incredibly valuable to us as we continue to update our apps and platforms to best suit our merchants needs. While Shopify does not have a hand in the decision making process for restricted Facebook accounts, I will be following up via email to see if there is any further support you require while you wait for Facebook to get back to you. - Veena, Shopify Support