Geolocation Redirect

Geolocation Redirect

by Mod Media

Redirect users anywhere based on their geolocation

Joolca Australia

APRIL 15 2019: Noticed my website loading extremely slowly suddenly. Not just a bit slow, but 70 seconds to load type of slow. I looked into the waterfall for what was causing it to load so slowly. Geolocation Redirect app was taking 60 seconds to load, slowing the whole site down. We have used it for a few months without issue, but this is a huge impact that is going to cost us a lot. Going to delete it now.

EDIT: May 13 2019: I figured if the team at modapps said they identified and fixed the issue and that it would not happen again, it was worth me keeping the app. I have just noticed it again, this time 89 seconds to load my website. I have deleted the app for good now. I also had to delete the geolocation snippet from theme.liquid to fully remove it as the site was loading slow even after deleting the app due to remaining code on the site. Back to loading at normal speed now. Given this has slowed our website to a crawl 2 times in about a month (these are just the times I've noticed... may have occurred more times when I'm not working on the site and ready to notice), it's too risky to have installed. It's cost us sales no doubt.

EDIT: May 15 2019: It is clear that their support team really cares about the app and making sure that it is running smoothly, without issues. They have been good at replying to my support emails and so I am confident they treat these incidents seriously. I would be inclined to remove my review entirely but I don't think that would be fair to people who are considering this for the first time. So I will keep it here. I have only seen the issue occur 2x, and both times the support team replied, acknowledged and fixed.

April 15, 2019

Hi Joolca, we experienced a brief technical issue which we resolved as quickly as possible and made sure it cant happen again. Everything should be running smoothly now.

Anda Seat

Very useful tool
Awesome customer support, fast, efficient and friendly.
Strongly recommend if you are looking for IP detect app

Vitaclean

Love it! We use it for our international stores, we had a site update and had to adjust the code and as soon as I reached out to the team they sorted my issue right away! Recommend this app

Lover's Tempo

I had a bit of a struggle figuring out how to set this up but I contacted support and received assistance immediately. I have just started using the service so not sure if I will encounter any bugs yet, but I'm very happy with the service so far!

Grahams Natural

I used this app to help my customers in the UK see our UK web page and not see our Australian pricing as this becomes much lower when they do a currency exchange. These guys are great to deal with and made sure the links all worked for me. Thank you for a great app.

Pitaya Plus

Simply put, this app does a great job redirecting traffic where we need. We are a small business and not very tech savvy, so it was great to work with an app that is easy to set up, easy to use and does a great job. Worth getting!

Therm Outdoor

Outstanding support! I had some trouble figuring out the settings so dropped them an email, very responsive and they got me up and running almost immediately. App is working great so far. Thanks!

Onward Athletics

Great App, great Support, Up and running very quickly!

Onward Online

Fantastic App and Support, support staff could not have been any more helpful! very quick and easy to setup, and makes it so much easier when working with the great team from Mod Media

Wellecotest

Great App and great customer support. We had a small technical issue, which was addressed immediately. Thank you.