Google channel

Google channel

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.3)
Developer
3.3
August 15, 2022

My goal was connecting YouTube shopping as our videos are the #1 source of conversion. This App is extremely frustrating. Forced me to create a new Merchant Center account rather than feed to our existing account which has worked perfectly for years. This shut down my Google Ad campaigns for a week while waiting for approval of products and various errors to patch up. Finally all connected, new Merchant Center is up and running. STILL CANNOT GET YOUTUBE TO PICKUP OUR PRODUCTS! I lost a significant amount of revenue in this transition, and it seems like Shopify isn't providing any support. There should be a litany of troubleshooting videos. Very disappointed.

Red's Fly Shop
Time spent using app: 12 days
Shopify replied August 16, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify support.

I'm happy that you were able to get this issue resolved. I completely understand your frustration with the lack of available merchant facing resources such as troubleshooting videos and will be sure to pass this valuable feedback along to the team so that they can work towards a smoother onboarding experience.

Ashley | Shopify

August 15, 2022

It's been about three weeks now of attempting to connect Shopify to my monetized YouTube channel and after multiple interactions with reps, it's starting to become clear this app just is NOT compatible with YouTube brand accounts (which no one actually knows for sure or not). If that's the case, I'd say this function is pretty useless considering majority of channels use/migrated to brand accounts!

Black Rabbit Gaming
Time spent using app: 22 days
Shopify replied August 16, 2022

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Google channel on your store and leave a review. I understand that you are experiencing an issue with setting up the YouTube section of the channel. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide support for you on this.

Ashley | Shopify

Edited September 21, 2022

Hier sollten die Entwickler unbedingt eine Info oder Setup Anleitung erstellen. Die App wird von so vielen als tot geglaubt aber das ist nicht so. Extrem wichtig damit die App funktioniert und Daten korrekt überträgt ist, dass man über die App die Verfügbarkeit verwaltet (oben rechts in der App) Dort muss man dann für jedes Produkt festlegen ob es ein Custom Produkt ist oder ob es eine EAN hat.
Wählt man hier nichts aus dann übeträgt die App alle anderen Werte nicht. Auch wenn es mühsam ist, verwaltet man über die App selber alle einstellungen dann klappt der Feed perfekt und überträgt auf jeden Fall auch die GTIN.
Alle Einstellungen die man im Artikel selber setzt werden ignoriert.

Paintball Buddy
Germany
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
August 12, 2022

Absolutely useless if you have PRODUCT VARIANTS. This app ignores them totally. Very disappointing!!

Weingut Reichsrat von Buhl
Germany
Time spent using app: 4 months
August 12, 2022

It kinda does the thing, but has some issues: 1) It uses UA instead of GA4. 2) When using UA, you are prompted to migrate to GA4 3) If you do it, many important Goole Ads conversions stop working, because they depend on UA at the moment. So Google is basically guiding you to break their own product atm.

💮 Camisetas Guays
Spain
Time spent using app: 5 months
August 11, 2022

They have suspended my account for 'suspicious payment activity' but I only just opened it. They are also refusing my products for no reason.

bravoromeo
Time spent using app: 23 days
August 9, 2022

It's still crazy that an application developed by Shopify does not work. I installed this application and when connecting my Google account I got an error: Error 400: invalid_request

Homiqa
France
Time spent using app: 20 minutes
Shopify replied August 10, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with getting the channel installed. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

Nate | Shopify

August 5, 2022

Horrible app and horrible support from youtube. Successfully set up shop only to have no visible merch shelf on my videos. They told me to disconnect shop and then reconnect, which has proven to be impossible.

Tsutomu Lures
Time spent using app: 9 days
Shopify replied August 11, 2022

Hi there,

Charlotte here from Shopify support, thank you for taking the time to install and use Google channel on your store and leave a review. It sounds like you may be having an issue with setting up the Youtube section of the channel. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see how we can provide support for you on this.

Charlotte | Shopify

August 5, 2022

Sadly I moved to Shopify to get this app working with my Youtube channel. Can't get it working it's terrible and my YouTube channel is for tech training.
People have multiple youtube channels not just the main login.

Paul Nicholson PNUK Training
Time spent using app: 1 day
Shopify replied August 11, 2022

Charlotte | Shopify

August 4, 2022

Es muy facil de usar y mejora mi alcance de productos.Me facilita el llegar a muchos segmentos de mercado que antes me costaba alcanzar.

Drimydolls