Google channel

Google channel | Reviews

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

ShopCaps™

I have set-up my smart shopping campaign few days ago, but it's still now don't get any impression or click, I have set-up everything is perfect. I don't know the exact issues?

May 26, 2020

Hi, I'm Cíara from Shopify Support, thanks for telling us your thoughts about Google Shopping.

I wanted to let you know that Google takes 30 days to fully optimise a campaign and know where to place ads. I'm going to follow up with you over email to see what we can do to improve your optimisation and get some good results. Keep an eye out for my email!

Muebleria Paty

I can't use My count Google merchant have a problem with the delivery and politics. What can i do?

May 25, 2020

v=Hi,

I'm Cíara from Shopify support, thanks for leaving a review on the app. I'm sorry that you've got issues with your policies and delivery settings, but we can definitely fix this for you.

I'm going to follow up with you over email so we can get to the bottom of this, and get your store available on Google Shopping for new customers to find you.

MY BEST FILTERS

Guys what's the problem? The plugin does not work! He doesn’t submit the feed to the Merchant Center. They banned all my stores for breaking the rules! What to do???? I'm in a panic. My customers are in shock! 5 stores and everyone went out due to errors in your plugin!

May 25, 2020

Hi,

I'm Cíara from Shopify support, thanks for taking the time to review the app. It's never good when your products don't correctly sync across, so I'm going to follow up with you directly via email, so we can get to the bottom of what's going on, and get this fixed for you.

Keep an eye out on your email for my reply!

Blumseed

Same errors, loads of them. After using the template. I have gone back into my product page to ensure better integration. Yet still, errors. Its taking too long to set up and a zillion other things to do... Wish I could get some help!

May 21, 2020

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team. We really appreciate hearing from you!

I am going to take some time and review your Google Shopping application, and then I'll follow up with via e-mail to share my findings and determine how we can resolve the problem. Look out for that message!

I look forward to speaking with you,

Huda’s Healing & Health

I followed the process but don’t understand what I have set up. Some more information would be helpful during the process.

May 21, 2020

Hi there! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team. Thank you for leaving this feedback! We really appreciate hearing from our merchants.

I can appreciate looking for some more information about the set-up process! I have some great resources I'd love to share with you. I'm going to send them your way via e-mail, so look out for that message!

6FT CLUB®

After I saw all the great ratings of this app, I was very excited to use it. I'll start out by saying it's not all bad, but unfortunately, I did not have a good experience.

The good: 1) set-up was very simple - my unpaid listing appeared on Google Shopping and after a few days was showing up for all relevant searches; 2) customer service is 5-star (Luke really did his best to help me out and was successful with helping me with the free shipping piece since it was originally displaying the highest priority shipping I charge rather than standard).

The bad: 1) we currently have two products, and even though nowhere in Shopify does it say they are variants, Google was treating them as size variants of each other; 2) only the feature images showed up on the unpaid listing result - when you clicked on the listing however, very old images were showing that were out of date (Luke tried to do a reset on these two things to get our current product images to display, but sadly it didn't work); 3) more of a suggestion than a bad thing, but it would be really helpful if this app integrated with review systems like judge.me - currently this app does not support this because Shopify creates its own ID that it sends to Google rather than grabbing your gtin/SKU, meaning you can't get your product ratings to display on Google Shopping because the numbers won't match up.

Although I've decided to try out another app in the hopes of a better result, I do want to emphasize the excellent customer service - thanks for trying guys; it's the app that let me down!

May 19, 2020

Hi,

I'm Cíara from the Shopify Apps team, I just wanted to say thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing from our merchants.

I completely understand how frustrating it can be when something you need isn't in the app, and I'm going to follow up with you just to make sure you can get in touch with us. Keep an eye out for my email shortly!

Cíara N | Shopify Support

Tiendacharrua

I just started with all this, and I’m learning a lot. but it’s good so far, I hope this work for me and my family.

April 29, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for leaving us a review. My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team, and we really appreciate hearing from you!

I would love to shoot you an e-mail so we can work together to set up the Google Shopping application for your store, it's a great tool to market yourself and I'd love to see it work well for you. Keep an eye out for that e-mail in the near future!

JustSellingToys

I have no idea yet. . still figuring out....um..adsflkjad;lskadfls;adfls;jkdflas;dsfjlkdfsla;jkdfasj;lfadljssdfaljk

April 15, 2020

Hey there! My name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's Support team.

I'm glad to hear that you're giving the Google Shopping app a chance. It's a great way to market your business and increase traffic to your store!

I'm going to shoot an e-mail your way and determine if you need any help with setting it up! Be sure to follow up with me if you need any help!

Bunbury

*Update May 2020*
I will keep updating my review until all the issues are fixed

I keep having to open tickets to get this app working and the constant babysitting of the feed is getting frustrating.

The following issues still remain:
1. CSV import is broken, the metafields in the csv are outdated and are ignored by both Shopify and Google Merchant Center. The only bulk way to update the correct Google Shopping fields is with a paid app or using the bulk editor.

2. The only way to use the free bulk editor is you have to click manage availability from the app, you cannot use the normal bulk editor, which means you cannot filter products you want to edit.

3. Bug: if you have a product with variants and one of the variants has UPC filled in and the other variant does not have a UPC the app pre check will complain your UPC has the wrong digits and will not submit the variant to Google Merchant Center.

4. The feed stalls frequently and you have to open a ticket to get the team to resync your products. If you are not careful you will be missing products in the feed and several times your feed will expire and Google will delist all your products.

5. If google flags an issue with a product and you go and fix it, depending on the issue the shopify app will fail to reimport that product and submit back to google. I have several where I entered UPC wrong, google flagged it, I fix the UPC and the product disappears from the feed. You have to open a ticket with the team to have them re import your feed.

*I know the team is trying and they are working on this app, but they really need more technical help or resources, this is an import app/feature for shopify and critical to every business.

April 15, 2020

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with the Google Shopping application thus far. I can imagine that's very frustrating!

We sync your product catalogue with Google once a day, unless nothing has been changed in which case it is approximately once every 15 - 20 days, but should anything come up that requires a sync of your products you can always reach out to our team and we can sync your catalogue from our end if it's warranted.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had that experience with our team in the past, and I’d love to help make it right by reaching out via e-mail and determining if there's anything else I can do to make the Google Shopping application work for you. I'll be in touch very soon!

Plato's Closet St Clair Shores

I am getting errors but no directions on how to fix them from anywhere on the site I click on the error and it is no help

April 15, 2020

Hi there, my name is Jonathan and I'm a member of Shopify's support team.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been running into some errors while using the Google Shopping app! That's definitely frustrating.

I'm going to review your store for you and follow up via e-mail with some next steps to resolve those errors. Keep a look out for that message!