Improved Contact Form

Improved Contact Form

by Awio

"Contact Us" Page Generator and Popup Contact Widget

This website is a DBA of Mr. John Carson Lester Jr & the TeleDistributors Call Center. Click the COG to the TOP LEFT to SWITCH between our MANY THEMES!

I've put the Contact Form button in all four positions and it doesnt appear anywhere on my Shopify store, neither left up left down right down nor right up.

DAPPE

Please be aware of using this app!!! I have had it installed on my site for months, but recently I've had some irate customers leaving 1 star reviews. It turns out that this app has not been working and I have not been receiving customer emails. This is absolutely unacceptable! I hate to think how many customers I have lost because I installed this!!!

Sunnystudiostamps

I enjoyed this app and it worked well until I accidentally hit the spam button next to my delete button in error. When this is done emails automatically stop forwarding which happened to me for four months without my knowledge. Dan agreed to fix it when I realized I wasn't getting any of my emails after receiving a number of customers complaining about my lack of response. A couple months later I accidentally bumped the wrong button again and this time I immediately tried to fix it (which is not possible on the customer side). Dan's poor customer service response was that he didn't want to help me and asked me to delete the app. I recommend going somewhere else to avoid the headache and terrible service.

Dwell Candles

FALSE ADVERTISING. The most annoying thing ever is when something is promoted as being free, but you can't even use it unless you upgrade to a paid plan.

Sure, you can download it and install it on the store. You can create a form and save it. But you can't actually publish it on your site until you upgrade and pay. THIS ISN'T FREE!

March 12, 2019

Hi Dwell Candles. No upgrades or payments are required to publish a contact form on your website. Over 20,000 Shopify shops use this app to have a contact form on their website for completely free.

Sotavi

Looks good on the face of it but not very functional from the customers perspective. The first problem I noticed is that when I created a top bar so that I don't annoy the customer, the bar can be set to always show up or only show once per visit.

The problem is that if you only want it to show up once, it makes sense that it should remain on-screen until the customer closes it. However, the bar shows up on the first page but as soon as the user clicks on a new page the bar never comes back. The issue here is that most customers are not going to blindly give you their email address. They will likely want to navigate your website for a little bit before they decided to share any information with you but the bar is already gone, so they will not have that option. Additionally, it's not clear what "once per visit" actually means. I closed my browser several times to test but I couldn't get the bar to come back up. I contacted support and they said I should clear my browser history and cookies. What kind of ridiculous response is that? Do they believe a customer is going to know or care to do that? It's just a missed opportunity.

If you opt to leave the bar displayed all the time, it just gets in the way. If you're on a desktop, it isn't annoying but if you're using a mobile device, it takes up too much screen real estate. Even more annoying, if you close it, it opens right back up when you go to another page. It should know that the customer doesn't want to see it again and stop displaying for that session. Now, here's the worst part of it; if the customer gives up and finally submits and email address, the damn thing shows up again once you navigate to a new screen. It can't distinguish a new customer from an existing customer even if that customer is in the same session. This is unforgivable. Using the paid version did not change any of these flaws.

Custompeacedesign

Someone on Facebook Had been contacted by a shopify admin to notice him a pixel from this app was running on is site so ...

Liz Lauter Designs

this has become a huge "bot" spam portal.

Slyskin

The thing points the email to your personal gmail if you dont have intials@yourstore.com email address ... so if you reply it goes from your personal email ... I hit support and asked and the guy who developed it years ago and clearly has no interest was a total jerk ... I might hang onto this for right now since I'm not giving him money, but perhaps $5 intials@yourstorename.com from google is a smart move!

March 12, 2019

Hi Slyskin. This app can send your contact form submissions to any email address you'd like. They can go to your personal email or to your store email, or to any other address. You can edit the email address you want to receive messages at through the app.

Trackgraphics 2

The app is fine but is completely useless if you use Google Apps for Business (gmail) as your e-mail provider. It threads every single message you get in to 1 giant email thread. I contacted the developer to let him know about the issue and he flippantly dismissed me. I'll look elsewhere for a solution.

Gold Bar Books & Kollectiv Apparel

I would NOT use this app again and would NEVER recommend it to any store owner. Us Shopify store owners have to stick together when "developers" treat us poorly. In short, Dan Grossman is the rudest, most unprofessional "developer" I have ever met in the Shopify App Store. And I've worked with many developers. Here's the story. I installed the app and had a question about the way it installed. I contacted the developer and asked for information. In the Shopify App Store it shows the developer as "Improvely." I thought this could be a large developing firm and sent the email with the subject line, "Attn: Support" and Dan immediately was offended. He replied to my emails in a passive aggressive tone stating, "Dan, the 'support department' of this free app he wrote in his PJs" and "Dan, the 'support department' currently ordering dinner from his sofa." I even told him I would be willing to pay for upgraded features (like a csv download like the Visitor Engage app) and wanted to know what the app development roadmap looks like for the near future. Then he went on a rant telling me that his life is fine and that he doesn't need money and that he built this app in his spare time for a family member who needed the app. He closed with, "Don't email me again...You're rude." I still have the emails for proof and can verify. The app doesn't fully match themes, the form that displays doesn't center on a page, and it looks terrible on mobile devices! But even worse, if you need help you will have to ask help from this guy who could care less for the people using the app (except his relative he made the app for). I recommend without reservation that all users abandon this app and use something else. If you need a contact form and use a new theme you probably already have the option to add one by changing the "page" you create. See these instructions by Shopify here: https://docs.shopify.com/manual/configuration/store-customization/communicating-with-customers/provide-contact-points/add-a-contact-form. I say again, abandon this guy's app! If it was an option I would give it half a star :/ ****UPDATE**** After posting this review Mr. Grossman immediately contacted me to justify his previous emails (even after he instructed me to never contact him again). He did not like my honest factual account of my interaction with him. I hate leaving a review like this but it's important to have the personal courage to tell the truth about my factual negative experience with this developer. It's about doing the right thing, being professional, and trying to give each person a positive experience.