Shopify Inbox , 4,074 reviews

4.7

Merchants highly recommend this app for its convenience, affordability, and efficiency in customer communication. They appreciate its easy setup, seamless integration with stores, and features like emailing missed chats, offering products and discounts, and consolidating customer interactions. The quick replies and live chat features are praised for providing instant responses. Merchants also value the ability to personalize customer interactions and manage a growing customer base through tagging and categorization. The app is noted for increasing customer engagement, trust, and sales, with real-time communication and immediate notifications. Its mobile version is also highly functional.

September 26, 2019

Terrible and app only for iphone? nah...see ya i would give 0 stars if i could absolutely terrible app

PinkieStuffShop
Spain
4 months using the app
Shopify replied April 22, 2020

We are happy to report that the Android version of Ping is coming very soon, so Android users can take advantage of Shopify Chat. You can sign up to be notified when it's available: https://www.shopify.com/ping. Just enter your email address and click "Join Waitlist".

March 8, 2023

This app works well if you have only one store. If you have multiple stores, this app is unusable. My one-star review is based on the fact that requests for this app to function with multiple stores were submitted over 2 years ago and the Shopify dev team has ignored the requests completely. Very typical of Shopify. Tidio, on the other hand, has this functionality working seamlessly. So, if there is anyone who would like to have one chat channel for multiple stores, Tidio is the way to go.

Rithm
South Africa
Shopify replied March 14, 2023

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can definitely see how this would be beneficial for you and your business. I have submitted a feature request to our development team, highlighting the importance of the ability to connect to multiple stores. - Ollie, Shopify Support

September 11, 2020

I have to uninstall it and install it over and over again every time I want to open it to reply to a customer. Till I do all that, a customer is gone.

Ploocy
Serbia
Shopify replied September 21, 2020

Hello Ploocy, thank you for your feedback! Our apologies for the issues having to install repeatedly. We have a fix now for the recent bugs in the app, please update to version 1.1.9 so you have the latest fixes.

I'll get in touch soon to see how it's going and if you have any further feedback. Thanks for trying Shopify chat!

Best regards

March 20, 2023

It blocks the whole page and does not let the visitor exit. If they reload the page, it loads back up. This is a horrible experience.

MANIMAL
Shopify replied March 22, 2023

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to write a review. When you open the chat by selecting the icon on the online store - you can also select the application icon once again to close the chat. With that being said, the application should still allow you to still select items on the online store. If you are experiencing issues with the application blocking the page, I would suggest reaching out to our live support to have a further look into your online store and application: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA.

Edited August 1, 2020

How to get rid of that awful message Leave a number and we'll text you back as soon as we're available (an email address works too)." ahh

Underworld Laboratory
Czechia
Shopify replied September 11, 2020

Hi Underworld Laboratory,

Thank you for your feedback. At the moment there is no way to remove that banner in Shopify Chat.

Since Shopify Chat is a live chat feature, and we know our merchants are often busy and cannot get to visitor conversations immediately at all times, we wanted to provide a way for visitors to leave some information so that you the merchant can continue the conversation at your convenience and potentially capture that sale.

Your feedback however is really valuable to us. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to get your thoughts on how we can improve this feature moving forward. :)

Take care,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support.

August 16, 2019

This chat ONLY work for apple users if you have costumers using android or windows then this app is not for you.

UNIQ Uniformes
Mexico
Shopify replied August 19, 2019

Hello UNIQ Uniformes,
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry that you are frustrated about some limitations of Shopify Chat. To be clear - customers visiting your store on ANY browser or device will be able to see and use Shopify Chat.

If you have both Shopify Chat and Apple Business Chat turned on for your store, then visitors using Safari or an Apple device would see the Apple Business Chat option, and all other visitors would see Shopify Chat.

I will reach out to you directly to follow up.

All the Best,
Ellen

August 14, 2020

App does not open on my android phone, clients as asking questions and I am losing sales thanks to this very bad app. Much better pay for something else.

Kyoui
2 months using the app
Shopify replied November 3, 2020

Hello Kyoui, thank you very much for letting us know you were having issues and please accept our apologies.

We have fixed many of the recent bugs on the phone app for Android, if you wish to try again, we would love to have you back! Please re-install and if you have any questions, contact our team directly at ping@shopify.com.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

Best regards,
Senior Support Specialist - Ping

July 6, 2022

Leider funktioniert die App nicht mehr. Seit ein paar Tagen wird der Chat plötzlich nicht mehr angezeigt.

StilHelden
Germany
2 months using the app
November 7, 2022

I am constantly being bombarded with people trying to sell me adverting or their resume on helping to make my site better. I am just starting out and my budget at the moment is thin, as soon as I tell one person no another takes its place. so my experience to say to least is it has been very annoying. I can't get any work done because of answering texts or emails on the matter from the shopify inbox. The shopify inbox from my understanding is suppose to be there for my customers, not ppl selling or pushing their products or agendas onto you. I am extremely close to uninstalling shopify inbox off of my store if this keeps up. I am very dissatisfied with it.

vendere-3415
About 2 months using the app
Shopify replied December 28, 2022

Hey, there. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review for Shopify Inbox. I'm sorry to hear that folks are taking advantage of you trying to offer support to your customers by flooding your inbox with unsolicited service offers. I absolutely understand how that can be incredibly annoying and problematic. I've gone ahead and passed your review and feedback along to the Inbox Team. I can't say what may come of the feedback, but you can feel confident in knowing that the Inbox Team is aware of this issue.

The Inbox Team added the ability to block users and prevent them from messaging you anymore via Inbox, and I'm happy to let you know how to do that. When you get a new conversation and open it up to view their message or reply, you'll see some symbols on the top right. One of those symbols will be a red '!'. You can click this symbol and then block the user who sent you the message. By doing this, this specific user won't be able to message you any more. Hope you find this helpful! -Imogen, Shopify Support

August 6, 2020

How do I uninstall this rubbish app. The app has gone nuts, can't even over install it, still going nuts.

The Bargain Shop Australia
About 2 months using the app
Shopify replied November 3, 2020

Hello The Bargain Shop Australia,

So sorry you are having issues, please accept our apologies and the delay in responding to your feedback. If you haven't uninstalled the app yet, be sure to have the latest version, and also restart your phone. We have fixed the bugs that were causing problems.

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact our team at ping@shopify.com.

Best regards,