Shopify Inbox , 3,593 reviews

4.7

Merchants highly recommend this app for enhancing customer communication and experience, leading to increased sales and engagement. It centralizes all customer interactions, offers a live chat feature, and provides automated responses for common queries. Merchants value the mobile app's convenience, order tracking, customer profiles, and order history features. Additional features like tagging, categorization, seamless integration with stores, and product link sharing are also appreciated. The app is praised for its affordability, reliability, and insightful customer analytics. Unique features include sending missed chat responses via email, immediate customer communication notifications, and visibility into the shopper's viewed product page during chat.

May 11, 2020

When the Google crawling machines are indexing my website they are recognized as a new visitor (new IP address) and read the meta title with (1) in front, so my pages are indexed with (1) in front of the meta title. Not good!

Venchi Chocolate USA
Almost 3 years using the app
Shopify replied May 12, 2020

Hi Venchi Chocolate USA,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

August 14, 2019

Needs PING app to work which is only available on Apple and not Android... ignoring a majority platform? BYE

Flawless Vape Distro SA
South Africa
Almost 3 years using the app
Shopify replied August 19, 2019

Hi Flawless Vape Distro SA,
Thank you for your feedback, and we understand your frustration that Shopify Chat requires Ping, which is only for iOS at the moment. We are thinking about the best way to deliver this feature to all merchants!

Best,
Ellen

August 26, 2021

THe app itself is very good but it's switching off so often that I can't say it is in usable state... I'm tired in reinstalling the app and checking everyday if it's working or not.... I will give you a tip - I'm almost 100% sure it's happening due to updates on your side, you need set some king of automation that will trigger every few hours switching on if you can't solve the problem

Pierre Francis
Edited June 23, 2020

THE ONLY REASON WHY I DON'T USE IT IS BECAUSE I CAN'T HEAR THE NOTIFICATION SOUND ON MY iPHONE - IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!!!!!! i

Download Business Course
Shopify replied September 11, 2020

Hi Download Business Course!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the notification volume. New messages from a buyer through Shopify Chat should create a notification on your iOS device that is accompanied by a sound.

I will reach out to you personally over email to troubleshoot this issue and get everything sorted out.

Take care,
Ellis from Ping & Kit Support

April 6, 2021

I was not able to see the chat close window on my mobile phone, even though I could see it in shopify preview. On actual mobile phone, it just disrupts my store with no close button

Santivia - Your Way To Good Health
Singapore
Shopify replied April 9, 2021

Hello Santivia - Your Way To Good Health, thank you for taking time to leave a review.

I'm sorry to hear that your customers are having issues on mobile closing the Shopify Chat widget. This can happen when the Shopify Chat button is pushed up when it conflicts with a non-Shopify made theme or a third party app. I will be following up with you via email to troubleshoot this issue with you. Look out for an email from me!

If you ever need any help, have questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to our team via the support link in the app, or directly at ping@shopify.com.

Kind regards,

Ruby C.

August 18, 2020

App simply doesn't work, losing sales because it doesn't want to load, ive tried on multiple networks just doesn't work on my phone.

Next Step Performance
Shopify replied November 3, 2020

Hello Next Step Performance,

Thank you very much for your review and so sorry you were having issues. We have released several fixes for any problems you were encountering with Shopify Ping, if you wish to update or re-install, that should sort out any further issues.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

Hope that helps! Get in touch if you need anything else, our direct email is ping@shopify.com

Best regards,
Veronica N.

January 17, 2023

I am having this error for more than 2 months.
"An error occured: Could not login to Inbox, please try again later (1000)"

Asked for support and haven't had any support.
Yesterday, I deleted the sale channel but it is back on my sale channel list. (How!!!)

Can anyone help me use or delete this thing?

Kira the Cat
Shopify replied February 28, 2023

Hey there, Kira the Cat. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review for Shopify Inbox. That error you're receiving there is definitely something we want to assist you with. I know that you mentioned that you spoke to our Team for support, but I recommend that you reach back out to us using this link: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. We absolutely want to get you authenticated so we can jump in and help resolve this. It is odd that the app seemed to appear in your app list again after you had deleted it. If you decide that you'd like to delete Inbox, please follow the instructions that can be found on this help page: https://bit.ly/3J1kqFx. -Imogen, Shopify Support

June 17, 2021

The only good thing about this is the order lookup. Otherwise it's very, very basic. Needs a lot of improvement to do things like missed chats, tell customers that you're offline, etc.

Zero Waste Co
July 29, 2021

This app is so poorly designed it's almost impressive. Neither the mobile app or the browser allows for switching between shopify stores, so once you logged in from a store, that's where it is. I have three stores so I have to have one in the mobile app, the other on Chrome and the third in Safari just be able to answer customers on all three. Even if you click links from an email, designed to take you specifically to a conversation, it will still take you to the first domain you opened on that browser.

Blasted RC
Denmark
April 17, 2021

I have not been getting notifications that people have been messaging my store! It has caused me to lose customers, never using this app again.

SKCStencils
Shopify replied April 19, 2021

Hello SKCStencils, thank you for the feedback and review.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues using Shopify Chat with Shopify Ping. We have both mobile and desktop version (Shopifyping.com) of Shopify Ping which will provide audible notifications when someone chats in. I'm going to personally reach out to you via email to help you resolve the issue you've been experiencing.

Kind regards,