Shopify Inbox , 4,527 reviews

4.8

Merchants appreciate this app for its seamless Shopify integration and mobile accessibility, with features like Quick Replies, product link sharing in chat, and missed chat response emails. It also offers insights into customer interactions. However, some merchants suggest improvements such as enhanced customization, improved push capabilities, proactive messaging, and better reporting features.

May 26, 2023

Shopify inbox is all spam. It’s a waste of time and detracts from actual customer engagement. Wish it were more reliable and could filter the bots out.

WearWells
Shopify replied May 31, 2023

Hi, there. I understand how frustrating it can be to receive spam messages, and that your time is much better spent helping customers. You do have the option to block a conversation, though I know this can also be time consuming if you're receiving spam from multiple users. While we can't block spam entirely, we'll continue to look for ways to reduce it. Thanks for taking the time to share your review! -Sophia, Shopify Support

August 3, 2021

no install this app its impossible to remove ! en plus elle est vraiment moche de ouf c'est abusé !!!

yunk™
France
Edited October 22, 2020

Super simple app that gets the job of live communication done. However it does not offer any scheduling options so you need to be available 24/7 and it has an non remove-able message about leaving your phone number for a text message reply. I don't want customers having my personal cell number so un-installing this app.

FIVE AND DIAMOND
Shopify replied October 26, 2020

Hello Five and Diamond, thank you for your review and feedback! I can address these concerns for you, as they are understandable. The ability to set hours is available only on IOS at this time, but is coming for Android soon. I agree, it's not easy being available 24/7!

Your personal cell phone number will not be shown. If the buyer leaves a phone number, you can reply directly from within Shopify Ping. The buyer will be sent a text message to the number they left from a randomized phone number that Shopify Chat provides - not your own cell phone number. The buyer can stop receiving messages by texting "stop" or by deleting the conversation.

We would love to see you re-installing the app if this information helps. Just keep it updated and you can benefit from scheduling hours when that feature is released.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions. Our email is ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again and hope to see you back!

Warm regards,
Veronica N.
Ping Support

January 4, 2022

Like reviews before, the (1) impacts SEO greatly. This plugin needs a feature to remove this or needs to stop adding a (1) to your page's title. One star until its changed as its a big issue :/

PC Toppers
Netherlands
Shopify replied January 11, 2022

Thank you for getting in touch and for providing your review. Our developers have been made aware of this issue and have implemented a fix on our end that should see this problem resolved once Google recrawls your site.

In order to speed up the recrawling of your site, I'd recommend following the instructions listed here: https://bit.ly/3HUjHT9. We appreciate your patience and I hope this is resolved for you soon. -Victor, Shopify Support

Edited December 29, 2023

Parou de funcionar em 2 lojas que tenho desde o dia 20.12.2023 falta de consideracao nao nos informar sobre isso! Nota 0!!!!

NerdLoja
Brazil
January 9, 2022

Fix the (1) Google issue, how hard is this as it is delveoped by Shopify. Other than that it is a decent app

Ozark Home
Shopify replied January 22, 2022

I can appreciate your frustration with this issue and thank you for reaching out about it here. Our development team is aware of the issue and has been working on implementing a fix from our end. We believe the issue should resolve itself before long, but in the meantime, you can ask Google to recrawl your site to help speed this process up: https://bit.ly/3HUjHT9. -Victor, Shopify Support

August 14, 2023

I liked the instant connection with my customer! But I got ~10-20 people chatting and wasting my time: I am a Shopify Expert and I can help you......
Crazy! I disabled the app! Sad!

Vetted Valuables
7 months using the app
Shopify replied August 15, 2023

Thank you for your review! -Emily, Shopify Support

July 8, 2020

In general the app is not bad. Just the iPhone app to answer the support request forces you to install kit. If you don't want to use it you can not even skip it and it has loads of bugs so sometimes you're just not able to answer the chat messages because the iPhone app has problems (iPhone 11 Pro). I just deleted it.

Necklesse
Monaco
Shopify replied September 11, 2020

Hi Necklesse,

Thank you for your feedback!

Kit is a free tool that is built into Shopify Ping to act as a virtual employee. Since Kit offers a range of free marketing tools such as email marketing, thank you emails, creating posts to Facebook, as well as the ability to create paid marketing campaigns on Instagram and Facebook, we wanted to get it in as many merchants hands as possible.

However, there are ways to use Ping without using Kit. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to continue this conversation.

Take care,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support

May 11, 2020

Oh no... This has killed my SEO! Google has started crawling my pages with (1) - the notification from this app in the meta title. This looks so unprofessional on Google and has really affected my organic results. You need to fix this ASAP!!!

Protein Package
Shopify replied May 12, 2020

Hi Protein Package,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

July 23, 2022

Crappy spam messages . Never a legit lead. #ew . Run away from this spam embarrassment!! Why do I need 100 characters to explain crap ?

Scruples Boutique
Shopify replied August 15, 2022

I am sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience using Shopify Inbox and that the number of spam messages you've received has been frustrating, but thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback with us here.

Spam messages are an unfortunate possibility whenever you decide to open up lines of communication with potential customers, and while we cannot prevent them entirely, there are some tools on our end we can leverage to help you try and decrease the amount of spam you're receiving through Shopify Inbox.

If you're still interested in using the app, please send me an email at inbox@shopify.com and I can outline how we may be able to help in more detail. Please address your email to Victor and I'd be happy to speak with you further. -Victor, Shopify Support