The Shopify App Store will have limited functionality due to scheduled maintenance on December 11 at 3:00pm UTC.

Shopify Inbox , 2,766 reviews

4.7

Merchants highly recommend this tool for its efficient customer communication capabilities. It's praised for its user-friendly interface, seamless store integration, and consolidation of all customer interactions in one dashboard. Features like live chat, customizable autoresponders, mobile order management, direct tracking updates, and tailored responses based on customer profiles are appreciated. Merchants credit it with improving response times, enhancing customer service, increasing sales conversion rates, and reducing abandoned carts.

June 23, 2021

We got this app with the hope of converting site traffic into sales. Unfortunately, this app has been crashing from the start. 1. We're able see msgs being sent from the site but receive error msg when trying to reply:
3. Unable to open the App after closing, kept getting the 'white screen of death' with the Ping logo
4. At app startup, keeps going back to setup: 'Add Shopify Chat'

Ziziphus Skin
About 1 year using the app
November 30, 2021

Can't work. I can't view my message. The web can't be loading this app may have a big problem. I have try several day it is still can't view it. How to do that? come on. omg.

Hifi-express
China
12 months using the app
Shopify replied December 1, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue. If you can't load the app I would recommend checking that you have the latest version installed, and if you do, uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that solves the problem.

If the issue persists, please contact our support team directly so that you can be authenticated on your store and this issue can be investigated in more detail. You can contact them via this link: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

July 24, 2022

All I'm getting lately is spam! How do you get rid of this? The only way I see is to get rid of this app. I asked a support question and all the so-called experts came after me! Now it's wasting my time

Undercollar
12 months using the app
Shopify replied August 15, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and I am sorry to hear that you've been receiving so many spam messages through Shopify Inbox. This is unfortunately often unavoidable when you decide to let potential customers reach out to you through your store, but we do have some tools on Shopify's end that may be able to help you better manage the spam conversations you do receive.

Please send an email addressed to Victor to inbox@shopify.com and I will be happy to discuss this with you further there. Thank you again for taking the time to get in touch. -Victor, Shopify Support

August 3, 2021

no install this app its impossible to remove ! en plus elle est vraiment moche de ouf c'est abusé !!!

yunk™
France
11 months using the app
Edited October 22, 2020

Super simple app that gets the job of live communication done. However it does not offer any scheduling options so you need to be available 24/7 and it has an non remove-able message about leaving your phone number for a text message reply. I don't want customers having my personal cell number so un-installing this app.

FIVE AND DIAMOND
11 months using the app
Shopify replied October 26, 2020

Hello Five and Diamond, thank you for your review and feedback! I can address these concerns for you, as they are understandable. The ability to set hours is available only on IOS at this time, but is coming for Android soon. I agree, it's not easy being available 24/7!

Your personal cell phone number will not be shown. If the buyer leaves a phone number, you can reply directly from within Shopify Ping. The buyer will be sent a text message to the number they left from a randomized phone number that Shopify Chat provides - not your own cell phone number. The buyer can stop receiving messages by texting "stop" or by deleting the conversation.

We would love to see you re-installing the app if this information helps. Just keep it updated and you can benefit from scheduling hours when that feature is released.

Feel free to contact us if you have further questions. Our email is ping@shopify.com.

Thanks again and hope to see you back!

Warm regards,
Veronica N.
Ping Support

January 4, 2022

Like reviews before, the (1) impacts SEO greatly. This plugin needs a feature to remove this or needs to stop adding a (1) to your page's title. One star until its changed as its a big issue :/

PC Toppers
Netherlands
10 months using the app
Shopify replied January 11, 2022

Thank you for getting in touch and for providing your review. Our developers have been made aware of this issue and have implemented a fix on our end that should see this problem resolved once Google recrawls your site.

In order to speed up the recrawling of your site, I'd recommend following the instructions listed here: https://bit.ly/3HUjHT9. We appreciate your patience and I hope this is resolved for you soon. -Victor, Shopify Support

January 9, 2022

Fix the (1) Google issue, how hard is this as it is delveoped by Shopify. Other than that it is a decent app

Ozark Home
10 months using the app
Shopify replied January 22, 2022

I can appreciate your frustration with this issue and thank you for reaching out about it here. Our development team is aware of the issue and has been working on implementing a fix from our end. We believe the issue should resolve itself before long, but in the meantime, you can ask Google to recrawl your site to help speed this process up: https://bit.ly/3HUjHT9. -Victor, Shopify Support

July 8, 2020

In general the app is not bad. Just the iPhone app to answer the support request forces you to install kit. If you don't want to use it you can not even skip it and it has loads of bugs so sometimes you're just not able to answer the chat messages because the iPhone app has problems (iPhone 11 Pro). I just deleted it.

Necklesse
Monaco
Shopify replied September 11, 2020

Hi Necklesse,

Thank you for your feedback!

Kit is a free tool that is built into Shopify Ping to act as a virtual employee. Since Kit offers a range of free marketing tools such as email marketing, thank you emails, creating posts to Facebook, as well as the ability to create paid marketing campaigns on Instagram and Facebook, we wanted to get it in as many merchants hands as possible.

However, there are ways to use Ping without using Kit. I'm going to reach out to you personally over email to continue this conversation.

Take care,
Ellis from Ping and Kit Support

May 11, 2020

Oh no... This has killed my SEO! Google has started crawling my pages with (1) - the notification from this app in the meta title. This looks so unprofessional on Google and has really affected my organic results. You need to fix this ASAP!!!

Protein Package
Shopify replied May 12, 2020

Hi Protein Package,
Thank you for your feedback. Our developers were able to resolve the issue you were seeing, in which the (1) notification appeared before page titles in Google searches. However, Google's site crawlers can take a few weeks between rounds, so it may take some time before the page titles are indexed without the (1).

You can speed this process up by asking Google to re-crawl your URLs - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

Or by resubmitting your sitemap - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/seo/find-site-map

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. You can reach us at hellokit@shopify.com

Edited August 30, 2020

Significant lag between chat request and notification received on iphone (15 min!). Since I switched to this App, the amount of chats dropped enormously. Can;t find online version for responding via browser.

DoorOpener.ca
Shopify replied November 3, 2020

Hello DoorOpener.ca,

Thanks so much for your honest review and feedback. We have greatly improved the app since you tried it, so making sure your Shopify Ping app is up to date will greatly help.

*** GOOD NEWS! We have just launched Shopify Ping for desktop! Go to https://shopifyping.com and login with your Shopify credentials, then enjoy the ease of use of replying to your customers from a desktop or laptop. ***

If you need any assistance or have questions, please contact us directly at ping@shopify.com and our team will be happy to help out.

Best regards,