Judge.me is the only product reviews app that is both an embedded app and also sends review request emails after each order fulfillment.
Moreover, we are a Shopify only reviews app, which means you have our full attention and we optimize for the specific workflow you have in Shopify. And the savings we get from not having to take care of half a dozen platforms at once? We happily pass them onto you, in the form of a fixed, low price of $15 USD / month for everything you can eat. Unlimited. The whole shebang. We think that's pretty great, which is why we call it the Awesome Plan :)
Let's answer some of the questions you may have:
How does Judge.me compare to the Shopify Product Reviews app?
Unlike the Shopify Product Reviews app, our free plan also includes the functionality of sending review request emails to everybody who orders from your shop. Moreover, we send emails after order fulfillment, not the order itself, so our system can handle pre-orders that get fulfilled long after the order has been placed.
Does Judge.me take care of SEO for me?
First of all, even our free plan includes Google Rich Snippets which gives the Google Spider (web crawler) the ability to read from your product pages the number of reviews, the item reviewed, and the average rating. Google then shows these rich snippets in the search results.
The HTML loading of reviews is a great example of a feature we can offer because we are 100% focused on Shopify only.
Can I see and customize the emails Judge.me sends to my visitors and customers?
Yes. In the settings menu, we show you the email formats (both subject and body) for all the emails we send to your users:
- Review Request email: Sent to buyers n days after each order fulfillment
- Review Verification email: Sent to reviewers who left a review on your product page
- Reply to Review email: Sent to reviewer when you leave a reply from the admin
We send up-to 50 review request emails per month in the Free Forever Plan. To get unlimited review requests, and customize the email subjects and bodies for them, you will need to upgrade to the Awesome Plan.
Will the look of the review widget match my shop theme?
Our widget automatically adjusts to your shop theme. We do so by applying your existing CSS classes for buttons, input fields, etc to our review widget.
Can I import (export) my existing reviews into (out of) Judge.me?
Yes, you can import the CSV file as provided by your previous reviews app provider. To make importing reviews as easy as possible we write custom code for each type of CSV file provided by the different reviews app providers.
We also provide a very comprehensive export in CSV format with all review data including associated reviewer and product info.
Is Judge.me easy to install and uninstall?
Yes. In fact, our review widget installs completely automatically in your product.liquid template and our FAQ covers how to change the position of the widget.
When you uninstall the app, we also send you detailed instructions on how to remove the review widget, which we unfortunately can not automate for you as we lose API access by the time we know you uninstalled.
Is Judge.me easy to use?
All within one embedded app view, you can easily see for each review:
- Name and email of the reviewer
- Title and body of the review
- Rating and timing of the review
- The curated status of the review
- Whether the reviewer email has been verified
- Name and product page URL of the reviewed product
- Whether the reviewer bought the product he or she reviewed
- Whether and what you replied
We also send you an email each time you receive a review.
Which features are part of the Awesome Plan?
In general, our Awesome Plan allows you to customize your settings and unlock the full power of our review request emails.
Specifically, this means the Awesome Plan includes:
- Unlimited review requests: For shops with more than 50 orders per month, don't miss out on any potential review.
- Customizable review requests: Edit the template of the review request email, to include a personal message or review incentive.
- Timed review requests: Set the timing of the review request email (in number of days after the order fulfillment date). Default is 14.
- Targeted review requests: Use email blacklist to exclude certain buyers from review requests, or disable review requests altogether to do it manually.
- Manual review requests: Send review requests to any buyer (even from before your installed our app), based on order numbers.
- Customizable review widget: Show more or less than 5 reviews before 'show all', set admin name for replies, disable review timestamp for evergreen reviews, disable the footer.
- Controlled curation: Turn autopublish off so you can curate all new reviews before they go live.
Note: The customization and blacklist features are also available for the review verification and reply notification emails.
Hey, doesn't your Awesome Plan lack feature X?
It's true that right now we are not on par with every feature of some of our very expensive but fully featured competitors. We will increase functionality over time, and are eager to hear your feedback on what to prioritize.
The current product road map (in no particular order):
- Automatic /reviews page that aggregates all reviews
- Automatic reviews tab on Facebook page that aggregates all reviews
- One click tweeting of review
- One click Facebook sharing of review
- Review widget fields: translate (automatically?), customize
- Review requests: Exclude products
Great, so what are the recent changes you made to the app?
Here is the change log:
- August 1, 2015: Internal: We now auto-scale our servers every minute based on load
- August 1, 2015: Improvement: We now hide the widget HTML until the styling has loaded
- July 30, 2015: Improvement: Review requests now work even if no billing address
- July 29, 2015: Internal: Code refactor to lower background server memory usage
- July 28, 2015: Bug fix: 'See All' reviews no longer messes up review timestamps
- July 28, 2015: Bug fix: Editing replies now works also if reply includes single quote
- July 27, 2015: Free Feature: Our review widget can now render unlimited reviews
- July 26, 2015: Free Feature: Our CSV import now accepts all encodings, not just UTF-8
- July 24, 2015: Bug fix: Import now truncates title and body of reviews if too long
- July 24, 2015: Awesome Feature: Customize the reply-to email for user emails we send
- July 23, 2015: Free Feature: Replies to user emails we send now go to shop email
- July 22, 2015: Free Feature: Privacy notices in review form (name public, email private)
- July 21, 2015: Bug fix: Show our stars inline-block no matter what shop theme says
- July 21, 2015: Awesome Feature: Concierge service for review requests to old customers
- July 18, 2015: Free Feature: Preview badge for catalog pages and product pages
- July 18, 2015: Bug fix: We now impose our jQuery version on code libraries as well
- July 17, 2015: Free Feature: Reviews export CSV also includes replies now
- July 17, 2015: Free Feature: Import reviews directly generated from customers
- July 14, 2015: Internal: Code refactor to lower background server memory usage
- July 10, 2015: Awesome Feature: Disable review dates in widget (evergreen reviews)
- July 5, 2015: Replying to reviews and seeing reviewer email are now free features
- July 4, 2015: Awesome Feature: For each email, add blacklist or disable entirely
- June 30, 2015: Bug fix: Do not send review requests for products that are unpublished
- June 28, 2015: Awesome Feature: Customize the Reply to Review email
- June 28, 2015: Awesome Feature: Customize the Review Verification email
- June 28, 2015: Awesome Feature: Customize the Review Request email
- June 28, 2015: Free Feature: See the email formats we send to shop users
- June 26, 2015: Shopify approved; app launch
- June 21, 2015: Submitted app for full publication; review by Shopify
- June 20, 2015: Database upgrade: We went offline for 15 minutes to do so
- June 20, 2015: Flat Design now, using bootstrap 3 in preparation of custom emails
- June 13, 2015: Free Feature: Select all reviews in one tick to curate all reviews at once
- June 10, 2015: App now updates widget partially if possible, huge speed improvements
- June 9, 2015: Bug fix: App can now cope with custom product handles
- June 4, 2015: Bug fix: Review verification email job now waits until it can see new review
- June 3, 2015: Free Feature: Import reviews from Shopify Reviews
- May 31, 2015: Interal: Code refactor to improve email deliverability
- May 23, 2015: Awesome Feature: Set name shown in review widget for replies to reviews
- May 23, 2015: Awesome Feature: Disable widget footer when no more reviews available
- May 19, 2015: Bug fix: Widget now renders correctly under all versions of Jquery
- May 19, 2015: Bug fix: Widget now updates also when importing reviews for >40 products
- May 17, 2015: Free Feature: Export reviews in CSV format
- May 16, 2015: Free Feature: Import reviews from Yotpo
- May 11, 2015: Bug fix: App now correctly installs in the live 'main' and 'mobile' themes
- May 8, 2015: Shopify approved; beta launch
- May 6, 2015: Submitted beta for review by Shopify
- Jan 17, 2015: First line of code written