4.2

Merchants appreciate this app for its simplified inventory management, especially for self-manufacturing businesses. They value its easy integration with Shopify and Xero, intuitive interface, and responsive support. Regular updates and new features show the developer's dedication to merchant needs. The app is also praised for its accurate inventory tracking and forecasting, ability to manage multiple stores, clear reporting, and flexible API.

January 16, 2024

I installed the app which didn't work for me, as it over complicated things. I uninstalled within the 14 day window and they still charged me $US129. It resulted in my shop being frozen for 2 days because the charge wasn't paid and I lost sales. Now I have to chase them to try to get my money back as I had to pay the charge to get my shop reopen. Not impressed.

Zero Refill
New Zealand
26 days using the app
Katana Cloud Inventory replied January 29, 2024

Thanks for being with us and trying out Katana, your refund should be with you in full.
We welcome you back if you need an inventory management solution in the future! :)

January 9, 2024

Every time I install they jumble up all of my inventory, in some cases add 20+ items to 300 different skus! what a headache.

Really Cool Living
About 21 hours using the app
Katana Cloud Inventory replied January 29, 2024

Sorry to hear about your experience setting up the integration, it's no doubt frustrating to have all your inventory jumbled up!

We're not sure what exactly happened in your case. On initial integration, please follow the guide shown here:
The integration is powerful and can make syncs both ways, so be sure on what you select/deselect on initial integration — you can always empower more options later!

Our support team would also love to help out troubleshooting too, reach out to us in-app or via support@katanamrp.com

February 10, 2024

Was great when starting, but now with the new price a $600 monthly price jump to keep the API access we had to jump ship and write our own system.

Katana was simple and had great support, but it is not mature enough of a product to demand $1000 a month. Especially when you are not getting any new features with the price jump, the 30 requests per minute on the api was also very limiting when adding onto the platform. Shopify direct API has about a 1000 requests for the same time frame.

I was hoping to keep my company on katana but we cant afford the new pricing models.

Maybe they can add some more features to make it more of a seasoned product but its not ready yet.

DirtBound Offroad
Katana Cloud Inventory replied February 21, 2024

Thanks for the review and feedback, we appreciate it!
On our API, we are investigating what the top rate limit that we can offer safely without negatively affecting the API experience can be today. We're aware it's currently on the conservative side, and that helps us ensure the reliability for all customers currently using it. It will likely increase significantly and will perhaps be on more plan levels too, probably not soon enough for your team though, unfortunately it seems.
On the pricing side of things, we've made the updates based on evaluating our customers' needs first, as our top priority is continuing to deliver top-notch services and unparalleled value and support. The new pricing allows us to deliver that value.

March 26, 2019

Katana completely changed the flow between our website and our workshop. Can’t recommend it enough; especially if you make to order!

7 Rue Paradis
France
Over 4 years using the app
Katana Cloud Inventory replied March 26, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana! 🙏🏼

August 9, 2019

I use Katana to track purchases of raw materials and inventory for my small manufacturing business. It's easy to use, powerful and they keep making it better. Very good support if you need to contact them with any questions. I evaluated a number of options and this was by far and away the best.

2040
New Zealand
Almost 4 years using the app
Katana Cloud Inventory replied August 12, 2019

Thank you for the review and looking forward to growing together! 🚀

June 10, 2020

It really changed how me manage our production. Thanks to the Shopify app we now have a fully automatised process including invoicing in Quickbooks! Great product. Thanks Katana Team!

Aviatek Flight Simulators
Spain
Katana Cloud Inventory replied June 19, 2020

Thank you and happy to grow with you!

January 26, 2020

Katana has been a game changer for us. If you are a small manufacture this is the solution you have been looking for. This application continually gets better with more features added all the time. If you are small and need to get a better hold on your inventory levels in a way that will allow you to rapidly expand in the future I highly suggest getting this application.

DISCO32 Tactical Antenna Systems
Katana Cloud Inventory replied January 27, 2020

Thank you for the support!

February 11, 2020

Katana is an amazing app for any business owner looking to manage inventory. It integrates perfectly with Shopify and allows you to seamlessly manage orders and inventory. Katana is a MUST HAVE, better than any MRP system I have used.

Blazing Bull
Katana Cloud Inventory replied June 2, 2020

Thank you for your support! 💪

Edited January 24, 2024

Update 24/01/2024.
A Disheartening Experience with Katana's Pricing Policies

As a small business, Solid Stash, with an annual turnover of approximately 300kEUR and handling around 3000 orders monthly, we initially chose Katana for its affordability and features. However, our journey with Katana has been increasingly disheartening, marked by unexpected and steep price hikes that have put our business in a challenging position.

Initially, we were content with a reasonable monthly fee of about 100 USD. This was manageable for a business of our scale. However, due to a change in Katana's billing rules related to sales order rows, we experienced our first major setback: an abrupt increase in our monthly fee to over 300 USD. This was a significant blow to our finances, but we reluctantly accepted it, hoping for cost stability in the future. We also anticipated the benefit of batch tracking, a feature crucial for our operations.

Our disappointment was further compounded when Katana introduced a new pricing structure. Not only did we face another hike in our monthly fee, but batch tracking, previously included, was now a separate add-on costing an additional 199 USD per month. This escalation meant our expenses on Katana's services skyrocketed from around 100 USD to over 500 USD monthly – a fivefold increase in just two years.

This pricing strategy feels like a trap. We initially invested in Katana, dedicating time and resources to set up and train our employees, only to find ourselves facing exorbitant fees that are unsustainable for a small business like ours. The lack of predictability in Katana's pricing is alarming. There's a constant fear that next year might bring another doubling of costs or a new, arbitrary billing metric.

We feel cornered and exploited. The assumption that the high switching costs will force us to accept these unreasonable increases is unfair and disrespectful to loyal customers. We are not just numbers on a spreadsheet; we are a small business striving to survive and grow.

We are making a sincere request to Katana: please reconsider your pricing strategy. We need stability and fairness in pricing. We made our initial investment based on the original pricing structure, and these drastic changes are not just a financial strain but also a breach of the trust we placed in Katana.

In conclusion, while Katana's software may offer certain operational benefits, their pricing policies are a source of major concern and disappointment. We urge potential customers to consider this aspect carefully before committing to Katana. The financial unpredictability and lack of consideration for small businesses in their pricing strategy are significant drawbacks that cannot be overlooked.

-------------
We are a startup and produce and deliver vegan freezer meals. We found that Shopify didn't have sufficient functionalities to manage our production and stock. Katana is the right fit for us, as it's very user friendly & intuitive. It helps us run our production as we've uploaded our recipes in the tool. Customer support is excellent.

Solid Stash
Belgium
Edited January 21, 2020

Katana support is terrific. Katana is simple, clean, and effective. Easy to use. When we have encountered questions, Katana has been very responsive with support. No app is perfect, however Katana's team makes it a real winner.

ready-rig-store
Katana Cloud Inventory replied January 22, 2020

Thank you so much! We do our best daily to be as responsive and helpful as possible. 🙇