Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

African Bronze Honey Company Ltd.

We have been extremely happy with the Locksmith app. We've used it to show/hide collections based on customer type and location. We've used it for 7 years without a hitch and the customer service is the best. It's very easy to use and very flexible. Their customer service is friendly, understanding, even intuitive.

THE LASH SHOP

WONDERFUL app and superb customer service! This app is super easy to use and I love how I'm able to lock pages using different variables. Customer service responds quickly and they're friendly. I honestly really appreciate their pricing structure as well, as they have a "pay what feels good" policy - really love the flexibility here especially since I use them for two of my websites!

I highly recommend this app!

Note: I read through some of the negative reviews and they're pretty ridiculous. I think those users are probably a bit technologically challenged, because this app is VERY easy to use and super straight forward.

ToyMakerCellars

This app has helped our Shopify site with some features we needed. I highly recommend this app to people that need the features this app offers. Also the customer service is great, they were very helpful when I reached out to them and helped answer my questions.

Stationery R Us

Fantastic app but the support is absolutely poor. If you're savvy with Shopify and can manage to work the app out on your own, it will definitely do the trick. As soon as you have an issue, though, you're stuffed.

June 12, 2020

Support is something we work hard at, and do really well with – keep reading our reviews. "Extremely helpful", "responsive", "the team at Locksmith are beyond helpful, beyond wonderful". We are consistent with what we bring to the table. Every so often, the wires get crossed. In this case, they got massively crossed. Our support, offered in good faith and positive intent, was labeled "disgusting" and "disappointing", and we were interpreted as "disinterested". If someone holds this perspective, I *understand* why they'd feel stuffed. No one wants to feel unheard and un-aided, and I'm sorry that's the impression that was struck. The intent, as always, is to help. ❤️

To the reviewer: I'm sorry this went this way. We work hard to enable, which is why we generally don't reconfigure things *for* our users – instead, we send along screenshots and instructions, illustrating what could happen next. I understand the instructions you received weren't enough. You weren't kind about letting us know that. I'm glad you got it figured out (thanks for letting us know that you did); if you need help in the future, we'll be here.

Raw Deco Lab

Great customer support and very helpful! This is a must-have app if you need to lock certain countries! Recommended.

BALI Lash

Updated review. They instructed me to help remove it (waited about about 10 hours) I can see how this app would be used if you have a larger ecommerce store, but for me simply too much of a hassle.

Same issue with deleting the app, made my website completely stop working, there should be directions (and if there are it's not obvious) that code needs to be removed before deleting the app.

June 8, 2020

Updated response: You had to wait too long for something this urgent. We're already in motion to address this. ❤️ Locksmith is the right choice for thousands of stores of every single size, but it is not the right choice for everyone, and everyone should use what's right for them. Thanks for giving us a chance. All the best. :)

---

Uninstallation can be a tripping point – this is real, for apps like Locksmith. And I get it – it's completely frustrating to just remove a thing and have that simple action cause a problem.

Shopify doesn't let these apps auto-remove theme code after the app's removed from your list. We do our level best to be proactive, given this:

(1) We talk about the uninstallation process in our user agreement (uselocksmith.com/agreement), which everyone is required to see and read and agree to before using the app.
(2) We link to uninstallation instructions at the bottom of every screen in Locksmith, and include a single-click button for stripping all of Locksmith's code out of your theme.
(3) Our system sends an automatic email when the app is removed, if we detect that there's still code left in your theme, linking to the removal process.
(4) If you don't add any locks in your account, or if you remove them all, Locksmith won't put any code in your theme. We *only* add code if you've configured something that explicitly requires it.
(5) We work very, very hard to provide excellent customer service, when things like this happen and also for everything else. We've seen it all, after nine years of doing content protection apps on Shopify, and we will always, always work hard to help you. ❤️

To BALI Lash: I've personally responded to your emails, so look for those replies. I'm here for anything else we can do to help.

-Isaac

Zipply

I don't know why I can't download this app?? I downloaded it once, and then had to remove... tried adding again and it's 505 error. Can someone help me out?

June 6, 2020

Can do! (We reached out promptly. Helping is what we do. 💪)

Shop IMPD

I have used this app on multiple stores we run for corporate stores and it works great to build out views available to certain roles. Highly recommend and great support!

U.S. Orthotics

Great app. Used it to hide pricing on items until we approve customers that have been verified. Responsive support that walked me through a few settings I overlooked.

Shopmy.studio

We used this app to control which products customers could see based on certain attributes they had in common. The app was very easy to use and did exactly what we wanted. I had a few questions at start-up and Ken was quick to respond and extremely helpful.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28