Locksmith , 482 reviews

4.7

Merchants appreciate this app for its ability to control access to specific site areas, hide prices, and lock certain products. It's ideal for businesses differentiating between wholesale and retail or offering exclusive products. The app is also useful for selling digital content behind a paywall. Merchants praise its seamless integration with Shopify's user registration and smooth performance. Customer support is noted for its speed and helpfulness. The pay-what-you-feel-is-fair pricing model is well-received. A few merchants experienced access issues after the trial period, but these seem to be rare exceptions.

November 14, 2018

We used this app for a special promo we did and it worked great! Customer service was very helpful as well.

Real Oyster Cult
17 days using the app
Edited January 27, 2021

Easy to use. Clean, nice-to-use interface that makes me enjoy doing my job. Extremely clear documentation with well-written tutorials. Doesn't slow down my website speed at all and gets the job done quickly. Super amazing and friendly customer support team. And all at a reasonable price. Thanks, Locksmith!

Maxilite Lighting
February 24, 2021

Amazing app for separating wholesale from retail. Pair this with Mechanic by the same folks and you're good to go! Together, these two apps can do just about anything you need!

Make Nice Company
April 30, 2016

Locksmith is a great app our Wholesale Business. It allows us to restrict the visibility of our product range to account holders only. This app is invaluable to our business model!

Also, the level of customer service from Isaac is amazing! Friendly and quick responses, and he even went out of his way to resolve an issue which has been causing me a lot of headache!

At the very least, trial this app if it sounds like something you might find useful but I'm pretty sure you'll end up subscribing! ;)

Air Distribution
November 30, 2021

Avoid this app at all costs. We set it up and unfortunately it did not meet our needs. We disabled the app per their instructions and then deleted it. On our busiest shopping day of the year their app was still holding our collections hostage and I had to pay for a subscription to go in and shut it down. Beyond disappointed.

jointcustodydc
12 months using the app
Lightward replied December 8, 2021

Hello!

I'm very sorry for the hassle you experienced here. I'm not 100% sure how things transpired, but according to our records this store didn't have an active subscription at the time, and the trial period ran out more than 10 days before. Locksmith would have been suspended at that point, and so your keys wouldn't work to open any locks.

Locksmith does have an uninstall process to remove its code from your theme, and that can be initiated by disabling the app on the settings page, or by clicking the Remove Locksmith button on the Help page. No subscription is required for these actions, but Locksmith does need to be authorized to complete them.

We definitely don't want to cause your store issues in this way, but we do aim to make sure we don't surprise you by opening up all of your locked content in any situation. We want to you know, 100%, that your locked areas are being opened up to the public. That's why the locks stay locked until you disable them.

Again, I know that situation wasn't ideal, to say the least, and I'm sorry for the confusion and issue.

Looking into your account, I do see that you still have an active subscription to Locksmith. I can't cancel that for you, but you can do that by removing the app from your Apps list. At the time of this writing, you have no locks in place, and so Locksmith has no code in your theme, so it's safe to do so.

If/when you do, be sure to send us a message and we'll issue a refund for that charge. We're here at team@uselocksmith.com, so just let us know. ❤️

Best regards,

Ken

November 24, 2020

Just what I was Looking for! I need timed access to my shopify store with secure passwords that can't be shared. Locksmith is so flexible that I can have passwords for everyone and no one gets kicked out. Thank you!

Fairytale Threads
May 25, 2016

Highly recommended! We had a few issues getting things tweaked the way we wanted them to be and Isaac was right there to help us out including adding some extra code for us when the theme wasn't working the way we wanted it too. He was also very patient with us as we learned how to do the locks properly although it is very easy to do once we got the hang of it. Isaac really went above and beyond to make sure his app did what we needed it to do. Great service and great people!

Pandemonium Millinery
July 13, 2021

Terrific app! Definitely gets the job done and the support is stellar! It's as simple as can be to use and will help our B2B grow with a lot of ease. Thank you!!

Progeny Coffee LLC
June 17, 2020

This app has helped our Shopify site with some features we needed. I highly recommend this app to people that need the features this app offers. Also the customer service is great, they were very helpful when I reached out to them and helped answer my questions.

ToyMakerCellars
13 days using the app
October 29, 2018

So, after we were scrambling to implement an idea we came up with, which was to close off a section of the website to paid members only and trying many Shopify apps to achieve this, we stumbled across Locksmith and voila! Very easy to set up even for someone who is not computer savvy like myself. I did have a few questions for the creators and they answered promptly and accurately. The only complaint I have is that I believe it to be pricey, but I know developers have to eat too! (It says $9 a month but it ended up being $29.) It's ok, saved me an absolute pain.

Investor Crate