Mailchimp

Mailchimp | Reviews

by Mailchimp

Drive traffic and sales with easy-to-use marketing tools.

Everly Rings

We lost 18,000 Mailchimp Subscribers when we updated our Mailchimp App. Have contacted multiple Mailchimp customer service teams and have yet to find a solution.

November 22, 2021

Hi Everly Rings, not sure if you've seen some of the other recent replies to reviews, but, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. This is a requirement mandated by Shopify to remove data from another 3rd party when an app is removed.

The good news is that resyncing your store should fix any missing data. We'll grab your customer's order information and opt-in preference and sync them with your Audience. Follow this guideline for set up: https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-shopify/. Please reach out to our support team anytime if you see anything different after a resync is completed and we will be happy to help!

SLAPSTA

Lost over 10k of my audience somehow as Mailchimp have moved away from Shopify then back after buying ShopSync. Very dissapointed to say the least! :(

November 22, 2021

Hi SLAPSTA, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. This is a requirement mandated by Shopify to remove data from another 3rd party when an app is removed.

Alluneedonline

Always a great experience with this app its so easy to use and a great app to have when shopping online

MadGoat.dk

I am so mad that I decided to try out this hyped app. It is the worst, the fkn worst email marketing app I have ever worked with. I just cannot believe how come this exists and how come it has customers. Nothing works. Nothing. I can't even do simple formatting. You can't use emojis. It only works with US currency, so you just have to rewrite price of every single product you add to your email. You type something, delete it and start typing again. Guess what, formatting has completely changed. You can only have up to 2000 contacts. Not subscribers but customers.. wtf?!

November 18, 2021

Hi MadGoat, thank you for the feedback. If you're open to it, we'd be happy to work with you on the challenges you're experiencing with our app. Many of the problems described should be an easy fix, e.g., formatting, emojis, adding products, etc. Also, if you need to add more than 2,000 contacts, we have subscription plans that can scale to any marketing need. Have you checked out some of our help articles, guides and tutorials https://mailchimp.com/help/?

Please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team directly if you need additional help, we love to help!

Wraps Adorn LLC

I was using Mailchimp for 3 years with no issues up until today. Like normal, I scheduled a campaign last night with my correct number of subscribers and this morning my campaign delivered to only a fraction of my subbies because 1,200 subscribers had been deleted by Mailchimp. What is going on? This is the busiest shopping season of the year--Can someone at Mailchimp reverse this error?

November 18, 2021

Hi Wraps Adorn, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. This is a requirement mandated by Shopify to remove data from another 3rd party when an app is removed.

Club Duquette

I had been using this app since it was Shop Sync when Shopify and Mailchimp split up. Suddenly this past Sunday 3979 contacts were deleted from my mailing list. I just discovered this tonight and they are telling me to make a new list and resync all the contacts. This does not fix the problem because all these contacts had already updated preferences about which emails to get and discovering this the night before I launch a project 7 years in the making has me fuming. I will be leaving Mailchimp, I had been a customer since 2008. All they are saying is we know this is unsettling. This is a bug on their end but the small businesses are paying the price. Total Garbage. I just want all my contacts back so I can export the list to a new company. The other thing I just realized is syncing the contacts again could cause some folks who have unsubscribed to get emails again, which then flags the account and causes more problems.

November 18, 2021

Hi Club Duquette, thanks for your patience while we researched your comments. By chance, did you have the old (Legacy) Mailchimp for Shopify app installed previously? If so, and it was deleted recently, that would've caused data to be "deleted" in Mailchimp. This is a requirement mandated by Shopify to remove data from another 3rd party when an app is removed.

The good news is that resyncing your store using the new Mailchimp for Shopify integration should fix any missing data. We'll grab your customer's order information and opt-in preference and sync them with your Audience. Follow this guideline for set up: https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-shopify/. Please reach out to our support team anytime if you see anything different after a resync is completed and we will be happy to help!

INROSO

Unsubscribed shopify customers are synced to mailchimp when setting up the connection between shopify and mailchimp. This is unnacceptable because of data privacy reasons, unnecessary workload reasons (deleting them) and financial reasons. It could and may exceed the max. amount of recipients of your current mailchimp plan. Keep this in mind when using the new app.

November 18, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your patience while we researched your comments. Before any data is processed by the integration, we perform integrity checks with Mailchimp to ensure these customers can be sent to the Audience that is connected.

For example, if someone has opted out of an Audience in the past, we won't add the email again. We'll also update Shopify with the correct status that Mailchimp shows. That way, the most current subscriber status in Mailchimp is synced with the store.

Lastly, after the initial sync is complete, we'll add customers that visit your store who are deemed transactional as well. That way, you can use Mailchimp's automations to trigger abandoned carts and order notifications. If you do not want these customers in your Audience, you could archive these periodically. Here's a link on how to archive inactive contacts https://mailchimp.com/help/remove-inactive-contacts/ and here’s an article on archiving and unarchiving your contacts: https://mailchimp.com/help/archive-unarchive-contacts/
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for more information, we are happy to help!

Real Panache Boutique

Can't close pop-up when it opens. No x corner. No way to fix it either. I am not able to get ahold of anyone to assist.

November 4, 2021

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to get in touch. You can reach us anytime through “Contact Support” within the app. Please note, you do not have to be paid user of Mailchimp to get basic troubleshooting or set up help.

In order to route you to the proper support team, please ensure you are logged in. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration and will help all that we can.

WRAPTIE

Great App. A free upgrade from the old workaround. After installation, I have 1000's of customers in my list that had previously unsubscribed and were resent welcome emails causing my account to be spammed. My abandoned carts no longer work and there is no way to contact support to fix any of it. Great work!

November 2, 2021

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to get in touch. We’re sorry for any unnecessary emails that got triggered. In the pre-install checklist https://mailchimp.com/help/connect-shopify/#Before_you_start, we recommend to archive ‘Welcome emails’ so it would prevent this from happening. Additionally, we recommend installing the abandoned carts functionality after install. In order to have your shop function as expected, please be sure to follow our guidelines. Once properly installed, your abandoned carts will begin functioning business as usual.

In regards to support, you can reach us anytime through “Contact Support” within the app. Please note, you do not have to be paid user of Mailchimp to get basic troubleshooting or set up help. In oder to route you to the proper support team, please ensure you are logged in. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration and will help all that we can.

Mustard Seed Training

We use Mailchimp to send an email once a month to existing customers about sales and new products. We also post the same content on social media, but most of our repeat customers come from the monthly email. Returning customers now make up 30% of our orders! We have a small enough audience that we are still on the FREE plan, and the ROI on the time makes it very worthwhile. We have had no problems with the Shopify-Mailchimp integration in two years. Definitely will be worth it to get a paid plan with scheduled emails and customer segmentation once we get big enough.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 43 44