Marsello: Email, SMS & Loyalty

Marsello: Email, SMS & Loyalty

by Marsello

Grow sales with a custom reward program, SMS & email

Good Dog People™

3 Aug: We do offer gift cards on our store and it was only last week we realised the purchase of gift cards would automatically be rewarded with points, which customers use the same gift cards to purchase items on our store and get rewarded with points again. That's duplication of points. We raised this to the customer support team, and Abby responded in exact words. "This wouldn't be considered a duplicate by the system." Abby also said. "We appreciate the feedback as we haven't had any similar opinions on gift card purchases being awarded points".

By principle, gift cards should be seen as currencies, not a SKU in your inventory. When someone purchase a gift card worth $1000, who use it to purchase $1,000 worth of goods, merchants are now obliged to give $2000 worth of points which they could have just given $1,000 worth of points. If this is not duplication, what is it?

Points should not be given to gift cards by default. If merchants decide to do so, they may have the option to opt in. Reward points are currencies and we ought to be careful with how it's being managed. Marcello's decision to make the opt-in as a default feature is a careless and inconsiderate one.

We have made quite a significant loss due to the duplication of points. I'm sharing here so merchants are informed and can do the necessary to opt-out reward points from gift card purchases.

-----

28 May: Issue was rectified on 24 May. Matt did his best to rectify the problem and offered compensation for the loss and technical glitch which I appreciate. Although the glitch is taking a toll on our customer service's time (and we have no idea when the queries would end), we're pleased that Matt asked for thorough feedback so that preventive measures could be implemented. We had a constructive discussion and I believe the Marsello team would do their best to work on the enhancements.

-----

24 May: All loyalty points were erroneously deposited / duplicated twice on 10 May and to our dismay, we only found out 2 days ago. 38 hours have passed - the problem hasn't been rectified and our questions not addressed yet. We're crossing over the weekend (we're in SGT) and another 48 hours will be lost.

We're going into a full blown crisis mode now and are forced to switch off the program. We have customers rushing to claim the vouchers and many of them have already used the vouchers from 10 May to 22 May. A huge loss is incurred and we're still waiting for the Marsello team to rectify and issue an official response.

The matter has been escalated to Shopify and has expressed their full support towards our demand of compensation from Marsello. But first, the problem needs to be rectified and we're still waiting.

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that the points settings for gift cards were not obvious when you set up. I see you now have this set to not reward points on gift card purchases. Our team is working on making this setting more of an obvious part of the set-up and readdressing what the default option is. Our support team is also on standby to help correct any past points for gift card purchases that you would like removed. Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

CraftChameleon

It was quite a jump in cost from our previous loyalty app. To be honest I would not have switched if they hadn't purchased the old app. We are a small business so this app, cost wise is a very heavy lift for us, so it needed to really perform.

So far it has replaced 2 paid apps and I see it replacing at least 1 more in a month or so; at the same time, the Marsello app offers more accessible targeted customer data. After the last app is replaced we will be even on our investment (budget balanced) plus I believe Marsello will allow us to better serve our customers than the 3 combined apps it is replacing.

The implementation had some rough patches but they never gave up until the issues were resolved. I have asked for some improvements to be added in the future and with their work history, I believe at some point I will see them.

The timing for this switch wasn't at an advantageous time for us, the initial investment for us was steep and implementation was a bit rough. With all of that said working with this company may have been one of the best moves I have made for our business. Stay tuned and I will keep you updated.

Apple & Radish

I use this app to set up my loyalty program and as an alternative to Mailchimp for Shopify. I tried other apps but they didn't have the functionality I needed or were too complicated to use. I like how I can use other things like free products and, in my case, planting trees on customer's behalf as rewards instead of just discounts. I am thrilled with Marsello and it just keeps getting better. I really like how more functions are being added all the time and soon it will be my email marketing one-stop-shop. Marsello's customer support is fantastic. Really helpful! I highly recommend this app!

Chasing Orchids Boutique

Love the ease of this app! I'm not tech savvy at all and this is easy to navigate and the customer support is amazing and quick to respond!

Boxify

AMAZING APP. REALLY. Great pricing. Great features. Great UX. I'm stunned with this. Its a must to automate!!!!!

Naturally Coromandel

I love this app. It is so easy to use and am getting great sales results!! A very user friendly app would recommend it to anyone wanting to set up automation emails and marketing.

Wig Shop Hair Beauty Canada

Awesome app because it actually has real insights so you can see where your money is going. You can do so much with this app. You can give rewards, send your customers email blasts and so much more. A must have for any business person who wants to see the big picture. I would highly recommend.

Kinfolk World

This professional product was the ultimate tool I used to help me connect with people who need my experiences, to give them strength and hope, in a world where all hope seems to be lost, and strength has been weaken in the quest for life's success! Thanks!

Vidlogix

SUMMARY: Well designed UI, intuitive, affordable. An excellent option for merchants looking to fast track loyalty and email without worrying about complex trigger/workflow automation and HTML email template coding. Not suited for merchants requiring custom workflow automation as you are currently limited to 5 triggers. This is sufficient for most merchants.

I am willing to update this review provided the service provider addresses my in-app questions. Support started off excellent but is beginning to wane. Not offering live chat from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET USA is, well, unwise IMHO. Overall, this is a good service for merchants seeking an affordable, easy-to-use loyalty and email marketing solution. The design editor is promising but lacks basic features such as image overlay, saved content blocks, abandoned cart layout customization, etc. Another issue is the inability to reorder email blocks within flows. The current setup is linear/sequential; it needs to be non-linear/non-sequential. What good is a duplicated block if you can't relocate it? This service has a lot of potential provided the developers to enhance the design editor to match or surpass competing solutions which specialize in email automation. I can easily show this company what they need to focus on the drive user adoption AND retention. Kudos for the slick UI. Much appreciated.

UPDATE #1: I almost forgot to comment on the loyalty program which has pros and cons. PROS: several layout options for your loyalty widget; intuitive interface. CONS: No way to change the shape of the loyalty widget button; can't upload custom graphic; no way to easily generate the embed code for a dedicated loyalty page; Instagram reward earned by simply clicking the button whilst logged in; product reviews only work with Shopify Reviews which suck; no way to hide button on mobile. All-in-all its an affordable entry-level loyalty option with much room for growth. I look forward to working with Marsello to enhance the service.

UPDATE #2 — Fri Apr 26, 2019: My struggle to make AND keep meaningful contact continues. The company struggles to deliver consistent support. I'm looking forward to updating this review for the betterment of the Shopify community. Words to live by: The best customers are the ones you have.

April 19, 2019

Thanks for your review and all your ideas on how we can improve the app! Our team love this kind of feedback, as we are always looking to make Marsello even better. We’d love to work with you to see how we can help you achieve what you’re after with Marsello. I’ll be in touch!

Regarding the live chat, we have Customer Support across timezones and if you catch us when no-one’s online, we usually respond within a few hours. But we are looking to grow this team to cut this down even more.
Thanks again for your feedback,
Tash

Keuka Outlet

This app helped me get my loyalty program online and in store for 1/4 the cost of the other software I used and that was in store only. Their auto email flows are great and save me a ton of time and money. New features are always being added. Having both my loyalty program and email marketing in one app makes things a lot easier. They have a great customer service team that respond very quickly and always help address any problems that arise (which are rare). Definitely would recommend this to other businesses.

April 19, 2019

Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you are loving Marsello!