Microsoft Advertising

Microsoft Advertising

by Microsoft

Grow sales with Product Ads on the Microsoft Search Network.

West of Java

So far so good. Made a few sales already and had some great support from a Microsoft engineer. I was even called on the phone to ensure things were going OK.

For Your Fur Babies

I to had issues on my first campaign. I contacted support and they helped me figure it out. If you get an error on your first campaign. Try to clear your browsers cash, use a different browser or use an incognito window. The Incognito Window worked for me.

November 11, 2019

Thank for your review. We're glad you're enjoying the app. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

Sensible Yacht Cordage LLC

I keep trying to set up the app, and get the error message: Oops, Sorry. An error occurred while processing . . . I contacted Shopify and was told that it was a temporary error. I was then told a day later that all admin now had access. I guess that was all admin except for the others like me who are writing a similar review of this experience. The app is unusable. In addition, I have contacted the Microsoft Ads app developer, but have received no response, only a survey asking for our satisfaction.

November 11, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. I'm sorry that you are having issues setting it up. I looked into your account and it does not appear that you have any active shopping campaigns. Please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com and we can assist you. If you could include screenshots of the error you are getting that would be very helpful as well since we cannot see your Shopify experience.

Roccstar

I have been trying to set this up for weeks and keep getting the error message "Oops, Sorry. An error occurred while processing your request, please retry or contact support team for help". I have tried reaching out to support through the Shopify app, through Micorosft Ads support number, and through their live chat and each time nothing gets accomplished.

November 11, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. I'm sorry that you are having issues setting it up. I went ahead and looked into your account on Microsoft Advertising and it appears that you have an active campaign. Please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com. If you could include screenshots of the error you are getting that would be very helpful as well since we cannot see your Shopify experience.

SohoSpark

When creating my first campaign, I have to connect my Microsoft advertising account. After doing that, I get an error "Merchant Center account does not exist" even though I have one and was already logged into it.

Update1: The update was failing due to 'duplicate name' issue. When I changed the name inside the Shopify app process, I was able to Save Changes. But now I have two stores... the newest one being empty. So the connection was not made to my existing store, despite the MS teaser: "This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain."

Update2: MS is not able to merge the new store with the old store. Since my product catalog is loaded and ads are already running on the old store, I don't see the need to chase this rabbit further. Upgrading the review to 2 stars because support has been responsive (every other day email), but I don't see how this app makes life easier. You still have to set up a bunch of things inside the Merchant Center. The integration could be much smoother.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. Upon reviewing your account setup details, we have found that your Microsoft Merchant Center account setup has not been completed. Because Microsoft Merchant center stores are based on domain, you need to click "Save changes" on the Microsoft Merchant center setup part of the app in order to complete setup. This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

Just Shoes for Kids

I have been wanting to try Bing ads for quite some time. I didn't want to pay another app to manage the feed. This did the trick. That being said since the app is new, I had a few problems integrating it. I called Microsoft Ads and they worked with me to set everything up. I would suggest that if you add this app to your store that you call Microsoft ads to have them help. Now that it is working properly, my products are in their Merchant Center and I am running ads. (And the integration/connection is free.)

Super Cichlids

So far it's been a bust. The one star review reflects that I can't get the app to actually working. Every-time I hit the product tab I get a "Failed to Loads Product Data" error.

*** Developer Reply to this review is not correct. The app displays products when using the Chrome browsers but when I use Safari the app shows that "product data could not load" . Also, only 44 show as being published. I have over 1000+ skus. 500+ are selected to show on the Microsoft app sales channel... The software is really buggy still

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We have reviewed your account and everything looks to be working as expected. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

Lord and Lady M

Encouraged to set it up via marketing in my shopify store only to find it impossible to set up despite me already having a Microsoft advertising account. After a lot of button clicking I discovered it was not for UK use so a complete waste of my time. Ideally should not be told to set it up if it's then incompatible.

October 25, 2019

Thank you so much for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. At this time, this app is only available for U.S. and Canada. However, you can get set up with Microsoft Shopping campaigns here: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/ad-products/shopping-campaigns.

We have since limited the availability of the app to just U.S. and Canadian markets. We are hoping to expand the app into all Microsoft Shopping campaign eligible markets in the near future. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

H-Bomb Ties Ltd

Getting products approved is a nightmare. The app does not correctly map all of the Shopify data. No support for SEO Title/Desc. To be fair, at the time of writing this review, the app is brand new, so there's like still a lot of work to be done.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We currently do not support SEO for title/description through the Microsoft Advertising app on Shopify. That being said, the title and description are elements of the feed that are used to a very great extent in matching relevance to queries. No further action is required on your part for feed optimization.

From looking at your account details, it looks like your Microsoft Merchant center store is set up with approved products. Everything looks set up and running. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

WaterBottleShop.online

No way to finish set up (as others, it seems, are experiencing too). Have heard from MS support - was given instructions to reinstall app - which actually either is named incorrectly (Microsoft Shopping) or doesn't exist. I will be speaking with MS support tomorrow morning to hopefully figure this out and fix.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for you interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We looked into your account details and it looks like you're almost set up. Next steps would be for you to create a Microsoft Advertising campaign in the Marketing section of Shopify.

Please ensure that you have a payment method entered for your campaigns to run. If you select the prepay option, ensure that you have loaded a balance into your account. This is a prerequisite for you campaigns to run.

Thank you for your feedback on the naming of the app. We have since corrected this issue based on your input. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

Previous 1