Multi Vendor Marketplace

by Webkul Software Pvt Ltd

Convert your ECommerce Store to a Fully Fledged Marketplace

My Renewable Energy Australia

23 March 2018

I would like to give a very special thanks to Neha and her team for the excellent support that they have provided me over the past 5 months.

I have been building an online marketplace for vendors to upload and sell there products through. After trying several different app from Shopify I kept coming back to Webkal for the apps and support.

Shopify has STRIPE as a payment system as part of the marketplace software but it will not work for marketplaces that require multiple vendors like my site. Stripe support could not help me and referred me to Shopify support. Shopify support could not help me [again] and passed me back to Webkal support. [Neha].

Neha was onto it straight away and advised me that I have to download a purpose build Stripe App that will do the task. I did this but I have no idea od coding for the setup so Neha took over and completed the lot for me including the testing as Buyer and Vendor.

Thanks Neha.

November 2017
After working out a few issues I have the Multi Vendor Marketplace up and running to the standard that I was expecting. After getting use to how the system works and operates I am very happy with the App.

After talking to Neha, she made it clear to me how the use of third party apps work and integrate for freight etc.

When the business goes to market next month and all goes well than it will get a 5 star rating.

Travicano

One of the apps that have the most utility

Zimpostmall

Im liking the support we are getting from Nitika and crew. they are very much prompt to respond, and the app so far is working fine and we are still putting things in order. Thank you Nitika

Sellitch

This application provides us with a chance to grow our business into something bigger than we orginally imagined. It offers a detailed functionality which can be customised to your preference.

It has taken some time to get familiar with but, once you have taken in the detail and found your way around the configuartion of the app, it is easily managable in conjunction with your shopify theme.

Very pleased.

Inaaz Biz

We shall rate the support 0-1 level . Why ?

1. The software is not upto the mark,
2. There is no automatic installation,
3. There is no support available from app builder in India,
4. They never attend phone, they are very egoistic,
5. They are very slow in support
6. They say it is saas model support , you cannot get any help from them after installation, they never help you in support , they make thousands of reason in not to support you and demand money even for chatting in skype 25 USD for each 30 minutes chat in skype. Have you ever seen such mockery in internet that vendor charge you for chat in skype without any product support. This is pathetic greedy vendor. We had a live very bad experience of 15 days. Nikita finally did not support for full configuration, they leave you at your self service and they know that you cannot do without their help. Then there is no meaning of Saas model of payment when the support is so bad. We could not even used the service for 10 days because it did not worked at all.We have uninstalled and not happy with the services and support. A greedy Webkul company who does not take care of its own customers

7. The support staff are arrogant, egoistic and very bad, they will tell you to raise only tickets , but never resolve your case, there is no escalation matrix, directors never like to see escalation or respond the complaints.

8. It has very pathetic services and support.

Never buy the Webkul product, we suffered huge, you will too suffer badly.

Fundrazor

Very good support. It is by email ticket but they are always very helpful and responsive (during the week) . Lots of great features in the app but I do wish we could more easily control the look of the seller profile pages and directory. It would be great to allow shoppers to be able to sort through the sellers to find the one they are looking for.

Beni2

Revisit on 6/1
Seller profile page is significantly slow. it is more than a minuite. It's US Friday, they don't fix this issue until next business day. sucks.
I also use their Shopify sync app. I am charged monthly. The app has a lot of problems. The seller can never successfully sync at one time. I had to follow up many times. The order was not created in the seller's shop and I had to apologize the seller. Webkul just said this issue has been resolved. they never express an apology nor offer a discount. I just have to continue to pay for the incomplete app. I don't recommend.

Revisit on 4/14/18.
I edit star rating from 2 to 1.
Very unstable and unreliable app. what happened the past 2 days.
1. one particular commission didn't come to me. how can I recover??
2. all seller's logo shows their strange thumbnail all of sudden. they fixed though. no guarantee when it will happen again.
3. sellers' page don't show any products. this should be the seller's showcase and it is the most important page.
4. the seller reported he can't log in the seller page, thus, can't fulfill the order

well, this is happening on weekend. they won't reply until Monday. it is a nightmare. You'll never imagine such things. I wish I had known before I engaged...

------------------------------------------------------
I edit rating from 3 to 2. although I read all reviews before I decided to use the app, I've been patient. At their request I considered to change my first review rating better and tried to work with them. I am in the U.S. their response's speed, mainly Nitika, is sometimes a next day due to a time lag, no response over the weekend. sometimes, 2 days, sometimes answered all, or didn't answer all my questions, which really not working. she mentioned I can be connected via phone over the weekend. nobody responded. they have US call number but nobody responded, so I called them in India if they didn't answer my tickets.

if you think to use this app, you need to know:
their commission is computed on the price, so, a third party app or Shopify code are not affected. generally, sellers expect a commission is based on the final price. but this app doesn't compute a discount, so, you or sellers have to manually change price and compare at price for a limited time sales.

On seller's page, there are no sorting feature of products. imagine your sellers have lots of products, a buyer has to go through many pages. I asked to add it, I was told this is a paid order.

there are some product custom fields available in the app. I found errors on the front-end and opened the tickets. she fixed only some products. I have no time to check a single product whether they properly fixed or not since I no longer rely on. Finding error and bugs is not my job. Until they fix, I can't even start an operation. I'm still waiting for her response.

I ordered some custom feature without knowing their problem. one of these was delivered with critical problems. they haven't answered yet. I don't suggest to order custom paid features. Basically, until you ask a question, they don't explain in advance. thus, you will be surprised when you knew you lost some features for exchange since you were not informed beforehand.

My developer complains about their API as well.

Unfortunately, I feel that they are not thinking Shopify app users are important and respectful. My surprises are countless. they know their customer services are poor since they are looking at the reviews. they just don't improve their supports' quality, instead, ask to increase rating...

Jewel And Lotus

Highly, highly, highly recommend using Webkul Marketplace App for Shopify! I tested out both when I was starting (BOLD and WEBKUL) and liked more of what Webkul was providing "out-of-the-box" and also what they were offering with their paid upgrades. It was more in alignment with what we were trying to accomplish for our business, so we went with them.

It took a bit of a learning curve to get started but Neha and the Webkul support team were happy to answer any questions.

The support response is really quick. If there was a bug or issue I noticed - they really went after resolving it... most often in 24 hours or less.

The bottom line is the app works. It provides your vendors a great opportunity to list their products and sell through your site. That's the most important thing any business will want and the Webkul APP puts you in a great position to succeed in that way.

What I have been really appreciative of - and it's taken me 4 months of working with them before writing this review - THEY ARE NOT COMPLACENT! Webkul is continuously making upgrades and improvements that CHANGE THE GAME. Example, they recently came out with a Shopify SYNC App so you can now sync all your products with your vendors Shopify store. In my opinion, this is amazing.

They're also on the cusp of releasing a huge upgrade to their dashboard and primary service - improvements it's app users will be appreciative of - but in general just a great sign for a company you want to partner your technology with - one that is continuously making strives to do better.

I'm sure everyone will have a different experience - but mine simply stated is this.
1. This APP works and you can feel confident that it will continue to do so
2. The support is very willing to fix any issues and make any changes and they're always quick to respond. For best results - communicate your issues clearly - but expect a quick response.
3. This company is continuously IMPROVING their service. The amount of upgrades they've made in just the 4 months I've been with them is really impressive - and they're all great upgrades to the service!!

I would highly recommend using this as your marketplace app on Shopify. I certainly have not been disappointed - actually quite the opposite. I feel REALLY GOOD knowing I have brought on a great company to work with our business!

Thanks Webkul Team, keep up the great work!

Local Joe

This app works *most* of the time in the most frustrating ways possible. It has created more headaches for my store than it has solved, and I finally felt compelled to write a review after the most recent one sent me over the edge and made me look stupid with both my customer and my sellers.

I recently found that the app does not collect about 2% of my order data, which results in the seller not being able to see an order that a customer has placed. Big problem. Once I caught it, I was able to inform the sellers to rush out the products to customers, but I really only caught it by chance due to the volume I'm doing (which isn't even that much).

Other big pains:
* The app is developed by some folks in India who do not have 24/7 customer support. Over a recent holiday weekend for India, I was without support for a variety of issues for four days (sent tickets Friday afternoon my time, didn't hear back from app vendor until Tuesday morning my time)
* The app claims to do "seller payments" ... that's really not true. It only lets the seller put in their banking info so you can manually wire them money. I found this out too late, after I had promised sellers that we could do automatic payments, and now I have to go back on my word.
* The password reset function doesn't work sometimes. As a result, my seller has been locked out of their store since Friday (due to lack of support mentioned above)

I had hoped that this app would facilitate my entire back-end until I was making enough revenue to build a custom one. Since I can't pay sellers through it, I can't get the seller shipping to work, and more ... I just use it as a fancy secure way for sellers to push data to Shopify. Had I known it would be this much of a headache, I would've rather done all of that maintenance myself and avoided using this app. Now I'm stuck with it and I'm writing this review in hopes of spurring the developer to put some work into it.

EDIT: I am downgrading my review from 2 stars to 1 star.

After a week of troubleshooting the issue with the dev team, in which they'd claim the issue was fixed and it wasn't (really hard to continuously troubleshoot an issue with someone whose hours don't overlap with yours at all), my store has ALSO decided to randomly and erroneously reassign every product to a new, random seller. So now I've got sellers who sell competing products looking at all the product details (including commission settings) of their competitors, and they know their competitors are doing the same. Of course, because it's normal hours for me the dev team is nowhere to be found, so I'm manually trying to Reassign every product and the app is now timing out and delivering errors. The only silver lining is that my Shopify store hasn't yet been affected (i.e. the customers are still seeing the items correctly assigned).

Kyubu Market

Neha and the whole team were a great help in getting everything up and running!