Multi Vendor Marketplace

Multi Vendor Marketplace

by Webkul Software Pvt Ltd

Convert your ECommerce Store to a Fully Fledged Marketplace

Kupora

Great app and a lot of features but.......

You can't reorder the collections menu. Which is absolutely crazy. You have to them to reorder it. So lets say in 2 months time you have another collection, well guess what you have to pay to have it in the order you want, say A to Z.

As a marketplace you would have thousands of collections just like Amazon and AliExpress. The collection menu navigation has ot be done manually. There is no drag and drop or spreadsheet option (csv recommended). Again they will make you pay.

Mail SMTP just does not work.

I have sent almost 15 emails to Webkul just in the 15 days trial. 15 day trial to set up this massive app which has full of features is just not enough. And also to set up other feature, you will be forced to pay $45/month with again problems and issues.

Customer service does not fix app issues, usability and bugs. they only comment on what they already have in the app, anything else they will ask you to pay extra. They call it paid customization, but really it is the lack of use their app has.

Until they fix their app, my rating is 1 start, otherwise, do I recommend the app. I certainly would recommend, but webkul just need to fix these issues and stop being silly about it.

.....

I spoke with Shopify, and they do not take any responsibility as they call it third part app. But even though under consumer law, shopify is the merchant who sold the app. Shopify is the merchant who billed my credit card for the app. A formal complaint will be filed to the Australian Consumer Affairs.

Response to Developers response:

Yes let's get to the point.

Your team response to the collections was put simply, our app doesn't have this feature and if you want it you would need to be a paid customisation. Now that this forum is public your response has changed to a road map. Very poor behaviour by you. Webkul for Magneto has this feature already in your app. You kept on stating it was not needed and even in Shopify you can't order collections. They were your responses to me via email. And now all of a sudden it is in your roadmap when it is a public forum.

Mail SMTP: Does not work on your end. The app just loads and loads and loads. I use the same setting on another app and it works. You team ask for my SMTP details to check it. Well how about you give me your username and password to check and fix your app. Nonsense for your team to ask someone for their log in details to mail. Your team should have said do you have teamviewer so we can see what is happening on your end or a screen video.

July 1, 2020

Hi, Thank you for the review.
Lets take it point by point :
- For the Collections part, we are already in communication over the support emails. And we will try adding this to the roadmap to the app.
- SMTP Issue : The things are fine at our end, we are in touch over the support ticket.
And as we are in touch over the email, let us know all your queries there and we will assist you.

Carelia.co

Prepare for zero customer service. Prepare for zero customer service. Prepare for zero customer service.

June 8, 2020

Hi, I think you have missed the email sent from our end, we have replied you within minutes of you sending the query to us, refer screenshot : http://prntscr.com/svpz38
Please do check the spam too. And in case of any more questions, do respond to the support emails sent.

Quest Climbing Innovations

The app works completely outside shopify, and the pricing structure is very misleading. You'll need to spend hundreds of dollars more per month to get the functionality that you likely need. The english translations are extremely poor. I'm also leaving a 1 star review because many of the 5 star reviews are obviously fake.

May 19, 2020

Hi, Hope you are keeping safe.
In case you have issues in the pricing, then pricing structure is explained here : https://sp-seller.webkul.com/mvm-landing/compare-pricing/
Also, we have provided complete freedom to change all the labels/translations in the app, so you can easily adjust them as per your need.
Please feel free to reply to the support team as they are trying to get in touch.

Hand Made in WA

Update!! do not use if you want a professional working application! **** It’s dropped a star, now it’s garbage when you pay $45 a month!- why? Emails with an underScore “ _ “ not recognised when verifying which means two lost clients. updated with an “update” after the issue was reported but this is basic! Variants on products deleted/removed on any update = sellers have to re enter. I’ll up date this - a $45 a month app take ALOT of hours to make it work*****
I’ve a very live site thinking it was stable and of a quality. It is not.
It’s ok but not great. If I had the foresight I have now I would have chosen a different product. What’s good- interface is user friendly, it does do what it is supposed to do. See caveats belo.
What’s poor-
1. Full of bugs (most of which have been addressed after tickets raised, however they we simple corrections. QA seems to be lacking)
2. Inbuild css is not always compatible across all devices.
3. The price point is for a premium product. It doesn’t reflect the quality expected for the price paid monthly.
4. Syncing with Shopify does not always seem successful. Missing images, descriptions, uploading images not loading etc. having to contact support to fix with 25 vendors and 350 products and growing. I don’t expect to have to manually check ever one!
5. Unable to add customer fields to invoices.. it still contains fax numbers as a default but no email.. legacy coding perhaps?.
Having raised over 25 support tickets over the last few months it seems I spend a lot of time debugging / questioning software which for $45 is steep for the bugs and formatting issues. Hopefully either webkul pick up their game or an alternative developer produces something of better quality.

Great Northern Larder

I left a one star review on this app after failing to get any support from the developer and being of the opinion that it caused my store to crash. I then received emails from the developer asking me to contact them and saying they wanted to investigate. They denied it crashed my store. So I reinstalled and spent 8 hours setting up vendors again. While doing so I ren into many issues and sent emails to support. I have waited all day and again no response. The biggest problem is the app is sending out endless emails to vendors and customers. Most of the emails make no sense for our business model and I can't see how to stop them. Not surprisingly the app charges for sending emails. It is also full of random weirdness like if an order goes to there vendors for €50 including postage where each vendor gets say €20/€20/€10 then if postage is €10 it also splits that income between the vendors in the ratio 2/2/1. There is no logic to that - when is postage ever a fraction of the product cost? There are also problems with it failing to import products from Shopify, issues with images (they also seem to charge for storing images) and many more issues. For €45 a month this is a poor app with no support.

May 1, 2020

Hi, Thanks for the time for writing this.
But there seems some confusion here, we were in touch over the emails, asking for the issue, but all this was not mentioned in the emails.
If you have any issues with the app, we would suggest you write an email to us on support@webkul.com

Meeschell

I found it very complicated and customer service was not helpful. I un-installed over wasting almost two weeks.

May 1, 2020

Hi, Thank you for the review.
Please excuse for the less satisfied experience with the app.
Can you please identify the exact issue and respond to the support team email. The app might seem to be complicated but once you start using it, im sure you will understand it better. As the app caters the needs of numerous industries, so loaded with multiple features, this is why it might seem complicated to you.
As we can check from the email threads the support team has been trying to help you everytime and was active and responsive in helping you in every possible manner.
Request you to email us with the concerns and we will try and resolve them.

BeanBurds

This app lacks several features that are really important for a successful marketplace to have. We tried requesting for adding the feature that we need but for just one feature we were asked to pay over $500 to develop it. Unfortunately, we will have to find another route.

April 22, 2020

Hi, Thanks for the review.
We would love to know all the "missing features" (according to you). Please list the same in the support ticket.
As every country , demography and industry needs different set of features for marketplace and from last 5 years we are working hard to add all the features .And now the app is really loaded with tons of features and definitely the best available in the market.
Regarding your current customization need , that required changes to be done in commission calculation algorithm and we need to be extra careful when ever we are doing any changes in Commission Algorithm as it may effect our other clients.
Still we quoted very genuine price for this.

Mr. The Shop

We wanted to like this app, but the amount of glitches and support tickets I had to submit was beyond ridiculous. I created a folder in our emails just because there were issues all over this app. YOU NEED TO KNOW CODING TO GET THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY!!!! If they tell you otherwise it is a full-fledged LIE. At one point they kept giving me conflicting info. At first to change the color and formatting with simple clicks they said I needed to upgrade my account so I did. Then I find out that even with the upgrade I couldn’t customize it to my brand’s logo. I needed a theme html to do it. WTF is that in BASIC TERMS….AGAIN I DO NOT KNOW CODING. There should be a button I click that changes it. Simple. They send me screen shots of functions I didn’t even have even with the highest upgrade. I will say they ended up fixing the theme issue, but when I found a problem (the words were not visible because the lettering was black and so was the background), they warned me that they will fix it this time, but going forward it is a PAID service so I couldn’t ask them to change it unless I paid. I also noticed that when they changed the theme. The header disappeared unless you zoomed in just right. So I would have to tell my sellers zoom in just right to see all the options?? It should just be there.

Expect to pay more than the membership. There are loads of other apps you have to add to even make this remotely functional. I paid $90 a month for an app that NEVER WORKED
The postal options are limited. The sellers cannot post the amount for shipping. Also, to do so you need to upgrade (which I did) and add a UPS app. What if the seller uses USPS or Fed-Ex? No option for that. The other services for mail are outside the US so they are useless. Also, since the support team is outside the US the response will be a weird times. It took me 3 months to get it somewhat functional and close to how I want it but I found more glitches today so I am totally done with this app. I deleted it after so many months dealing with support and customizing it. It is just not worth it. It is so not worth it that we CHANGED OUR BUSINESS MODEL. So disappointed that this app gets someone’s hopes up only for it to be too difficult to use.

In short this app is not user friendly, everything you need requires the highest upgrade and paid services get it how you want it, it takes too long to customize.

Wine & Spirits Delivery

Worst application I have ever used in my life. It isn’t intuitive, it isn’t user friendly, the customer service reps keep giving you pre-scripted responses as if you’re a moron and not worth their time.

Everything is complicated, what should be one click of the mouse instead required 75 steps.

And I mean EVERYTHING requires 75 steps. EVERYTHING

It’s as if they intentionally designed it to be complex.

Here’s the kicker. They take more time in responding to these reviews, then they do in actually helping people use their app.

You want to know why Steve Jobs was a genius? Because he took incredibly difficult things in the back end and made them so easy to use on the front end that a chimpanzee could literally do it.

That my friend, was a genius. Whoever started the Multi Vendor app, is no Steve Jobs.

I will literally throw a party tonight celebrating the fact that this app has been deleted from my website.

I feel like a new man, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I can actually start enjoying my life again.

February 24, 2020

Hi, Thank you for the review. Please excuse for the less satisfied experience that you have with the app.
As you have mentioned about the lengthy 75 step procedure, I think there is a confusion, as no process in the app needs 75 steps to be done. I would really like to help you understand the app better.
The Support is team is super responsive in helping you, as we can check from the support tickets since you were happy with it : http://prntscr.com/r6po48
We value the time of all our customers and this is why we try and respond back within 24 hours of time and the same was in your case too.
The Support is trying to reach you via ticket, please do respond so we can assist you.
Looking forward to serve you.

MYMERCHSTAND

Not worth the price, can get all the features on Wordpress for free.
I don’t mind paying for the convenience but the price is just to high.

The “basic package” gives you 3 sellers for $10
The middle package gives you 10 sellers for $30
The “pro” package gives you unlimited sellers for $40

Basic is a complete waste of time because if you’re launching a market place you obviously need more than 3 sellers, the next one up is a waste of money because people setting up small stores have no idea how many sellers they are going to have if any, and the unlimited is just to big a jump for small sellers until they have established their store.

If they read these reviews I’d recommend a 4th option. Pay per seller. $1-$3 per month per user (based on their current prices)

Would get a lot more users that way

January 20, 2020

Hey,
We really appreciate the time you took to write the review..!!

I would like to tell you that earlier, we do have a plan in which the merchant needs to pay per seller but our merchants found that more costly as on an average each merchant have 50+ sellers so a lot of our merchants have requested that they want to any unlimited sellers plan for their marketplace and since then it's been five years and no one has complained about the same.

So, if you calculate a price per seller then the average cost per seller is 0.25-0.5$. If we charge 1$-3$ per seller then in case of even 50+ sellers, surely will be a lot more than just $45 which we currently provide.

Moreover, We would like to discuss more on this idea with you. Our team has contacted you via our support ticket system. Please respond so that we can discuss all your concerns.

Thanks