Printify: Print on Demand

Printify: Print on Demand

by Printify

Create and Sell Products, We Handle the Rest.

Ella's Canvas

Oct. 28 2019 (updated review)

See my initial hopeful, thorough reviews below this one.

Printify uses production partners and shows an average production time for each production partner. This production time is not accurate. Sometimes off by weeks!

We have seen maybe 85% of our orders shipped within 7 days or less. But good luck with the other 15%. If we had not been spending (wasting is a better word) so much time reaching out to PRINTIFY through their very useless ticketing system (see review below) who then reaches out to the printing partner, again and again, we would have not even known why in the world, some orders were 20 to 24 days late and counting!

We got the same answer again and again from printify staff. Stock shortage. Will reach out to partner.

I did tests myself and found the same colors were in stock, readily available and we had it shipped to us and out to customers within 3 business days, whereas we are still waiting for a week and a half and nothing has moved on hundreds of our orders - suggesting other issues outside stock shortage.

The holiday is here already, and now Printify is refusing to refund us for these super late orders, they promised us their printing production partner would have out in time for the holiday.

Unprofessional. Damage control is no fun. The brand image hurt. Customers disappointed and infuriated.

I hope this will get PRINTIFY's attention. If they resolve these orders with full refunds, I'll remove this review and keep it removed unless PRINTIFY continues to show they are unwilling to help us for bringing thousands of monthly orders through their app. when they promise something and their printing partner fails us repeatedly.

-------------------------------------------------
Oct. 2019. (updated review)

With a few thousands of orders now pushed through PRINTIFY app, I can now see where they shine and fail. I write this so others know what to expect and not expect and beware of as well as enjoy. I'm downgrading my review from a 5 star down to a 3 star, hopefully, to raise it up again when some key issues are fixed ASAP, if not I'll downgrade in a few months to a 2 star - as these issues can literally break your brand reputation and customer trust.

I hope to update this review as I go forward to give PRINTIFY and their PARTNERS a chance to wow us.

PROS:

- CUSTOMER SERVICES:
Printify staff isn't in some remote garage. They are a legit company, who cares about your experience using their platform and production partners.

- TICKET SYSTEM:
Also a HUGE CON, but the pro side of their ticket system is it is more than just a couple of people - and they do respond to every issue.

- UI (user interface):
Although it is lacking in functionality, their interface is not clunky or difficult, but fluidly designed (this coming from a UI designer for a decade himself)

- POTENTIAL FULFILMENT TIME:
This is huge for us, and what attracted us to PRINTIFY amongst other things. This also has a HUGE CON i explain below until PRINTIFY enahnces their app.

- POST PRODUCTION ISSUES
They have a smooth "submit issue" link you can use, setup beautifully for any post shipmpent and production issue. This is awesome, but boy oh boy do they need to tie it to the details page of an order ID.

CONS:

- LOCATION & TIMEZONE:
Although staffed well, it could be a con that the company is in Europe. Time zone conflicts are an issue. This can also be a potential PRO, in that you almost have a 24 hour business - but you have to time things right and it looks like they have staff to cover the off hours you are awake and they are asleep (depending on where you live & where print partner is located, I'm in Utah, USA).

- TICKET SYSTEM:
This is a huge con. When you have an issue with an order, you have NO WAY OF KNOWING what is going on with your order and the POD parter making it, as there is no notes tied to any order details. You have to manually go find whoever responded to you, (there is absolutely no search function with tickets, a HUGE TIME WASTER). We have had multiple orders now, go for over 20 freaking (yes, I said freaking) days, without a single reason as to why, only to find out on some orders, after another 4 days passes, that there was a stock issue????

PRINTIFY must change their ticket system to tie with orders, otherwise it's just a huge waste of time for customers, POD partners, and esp. printify, as numerous tickets have to be submitted so as to not lose time trying to find the last response, by manually scrolling and guessing which rep answered you.

- ORDER ISSUES:
To tie in with the ticket system issues, if you have an issue with a live order (not shipped yet), and even if that issues is resolved and the order finally shipped, there is no notes on the order details, and the tracking info is never updated to the order details page, so the only way to figure out what happened to that order and get tracking is to search your email, to find that order and tracking, as good luck searching for tickets, it's impossible, you have scroll and guess who it was that resolved the issue.

- STOCK ISSUES
There is absolutely NO WAY to know if the colors available with some POD partners are in stock or not. You will find out mind you, but this will be 20+ days after the order was submitted, with an update you had to ask for, that something was out of stock.

- REPORTS and STATS
Printify has Zero information with a paid subscription to let us know how we are doing. We have no idea using PRINTIFY:
1. How many tees we have sold?
2. Avg. ship time with each POD partner?
3. Our avg. cost per unit for each POD partner?
4. Actual total costs, showing both shipping and POD costs?
5. stats for the day, week, month, previous 90 days?
6. actual savings we are getting for the volume we are brining. They talk about it on their site, but I have no idea at the end of the day or month, what I'm spending and discounts or savings I'm receiving through using PRINTIFY and pushing my business through their app.

SUMMARY:
I love what I'm seeing with PRINTIFY. I love the innovative feel I've gotten as I've tried to figure out how PRINTIFY company works in our behalf. They have a great staff, team, and seem to be pushing for new updates quickly (a must or they will lose our business not because we leave, but because their system is not helping with the most important, shouldn't be this hard, order issues).

I'd give them a 2 star at this point, just for the sake of the headaches of their ticket system and having ZERO updates by them on orders that have sat for 24 days, when I've asked for updates a few times on those orders. Printify is a middle man, that does well, but to have to wait 20+ days on some orders without updates, when a simple phone call to the POD partner could have solved it, screams for PRINTIFY to improve their ticket system so we can communicate, see, and easily access all notes on the order details page, rather than the nightmare it is right now.

IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS:

- PRINTIFY must update their ticket system so that it integrates smoothly with the order details page. Connect all notes to the details page.

- PRINTIFY needs to have a way for customers to communicate with the POD partners, through the order details notes area.

- PRINTIFY must kill this difficult manual scrolling and guessing game with their ticket system, to try and find what a rep said about some orders, because the notes are nowhere on the order details page itself, but lost somewhere in the completely separate support ticket chat / systems.

- PRINTIFY must integrate a stock update functionality. You have no clue if the colors you have are in stock. PRINTFUL has a way to choose a backup solution where stock is low, and they actually let you know what's out of stock, discontinued, etc.

- REPORTING
We need to see what's going on, how many sales with each POD, total costs of shipping (nowhere does it show you this that I can find) and reporting on fulfilment time averages, number of tees sold, colors, etc. Make me believe I need PRINTIFY as a middle man, by providing me the data that will make me never leave PRINTIFY for. Why am I paying a monthly fee and who knows what other fees, for ZERO stats, data, and insights to what we are bringing through PRITNIFY app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sept 2019. I'm coming at Printify after years of using other apps. There is a reason I'm switching to Printify, and will update my review as time goes by. Printify's UI (user interface) is hands down super fluid, user-friendly, and amazing compared to the others I've used.

I absolutely am finding a safe place with their app, coming from the failed experiences of other apps, costing our graphic apparel business thousands and potential tens of thousands of lost customers due to inconsistency, bugs, software issues, and lack of quality control and ownership of problems.

So far so good. Choose your partner wisely on this app, and you will be happy.

will update in a month or so. But as of yet, this app and company has done it right, and our business looks and flows more smoothly since transitioning over to Printify from other POD apps.

September 13, 2019

Thank you very much for the awesome review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are excited to hear that you like Printify's services and we are looking forward to a long-term collaboration with you.
In case you need any further help, do not hesitate to contact us at merchansupport@printify.com. Cheers!

Dvine Apprel

I don’t even know where to begin.. so a coustomer ordered an item for the first time and it took a week just to one item.. mind you there is still two of his products not shipped yet.. I’ve also emailed customer service about this and they have yet to respond to me

September 9, 2019

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, but our team is already on this case and we will do everything we can to make things right for you. We will get back to you within the next 24 hours. Thank you for your patience!

Morrison Outdoors

Zero quality control in place. We've gotten nothing but poor-quality prints and samples back. Had to pull all tshirts from our store. And Printify takes no responsibility - they won't even refund you if your order shows up completely shredded (they want you to re-order somewhere else). Don't waste your time.

July 1, 2019

Our team investigated the request, and we wanted to let you know that a refund was made for the items that came in poor quality. We are sorry again for the inconvenience and hope and that now we made things right :)

Our customer reviews are very important to us, and we hope that you will be willing to revise your review as we managed to solve the issue :)

Dead Timber Coffee

Currently using this app to fulfill apparel orders, purchased sample shirts that have been in production for over 2 weeks due to no stock from one of the printers that showed a 2.5 day turnaround . Asked for a refund if shirts were still not in stock to go with another printer that printed and shipped internationally within that 2 week timeframe.
I was declined a refund for the shirts and told to buy more samples from another printer to compare quality then asked to pay for printify premium in the future when I advertise my store.

I think a way to review the printers and better communication between the printers and stores would make Printify 100%
Until then I'm worried about shirts taking the better part of a month to ship.

Chase Street Accessories

The interface is great and setting up products is a piece of cake. I really wanted to be able to use this for all our custom clothing. However, it doesn't adjust when distributors' items are out of stock, so that forces you to refund a customer order if out of stock. That comes off as really unprofessional and made my business look bad, not to mention losing a sale. While customer service was very responsive, they had no fix for this issue.

Edit - I'm taking this review from 3 stars to 2. This company has the strangest way of dealing with mediocre reviews. I told them precisely what the issue is (inability to predict when an item is out of stock), they told me they had no fix for the issue, I told them I wouldn't be able to use Printify anymore. They THEN sent an email asking me to remove my review or change it to a higher rating because "I believe I have covered every area of concern you had." They in no way addressed my concern other than saying they can't do anything about it. I'm very surprised they asked me to remove a review when the underlying issue still exists!

Here is the customer service response to the out-of-stock issue:
"You mentioned that you would like us to incorporate a system that automatically accounts for out of stock items and/or variants. I completely agree that that would be ideal. When it comes to items that are out of stock, we only find out when our print providers notify us. We have been in discussions with them lately trying to work out an effective system to notify our merchants when these issues occur. This is an issue we have been addressing and I can assure you that we are woking on an acceptable solution.

For now, our policy concerning out of stock items is as follows...

For temporary out of stock issues, no notice will be sent out. We expect these issues to be dealt with quickly and will be only a minor inconvenience. For out of stock matters that will be more lengthy, we will send out an email to all our merchants notifying you of the issue so you can make the necessary adjustments to your account.

I totally understand that in some cases this can lead to some inconveniences. I would like to assure you that we are committed to finding a solution. Your patience and understanding are appreciated."

inuk Design

It is not the best user interface and it is confusing to have to sync its products. I think this is very time consuming. I am in Europe and have my customer group there and my customers are not happy when they order a T-shirt and it goes about 30 days before they get it, even though I have designed a T-shirt in the EU.
But they are good at answering and helping.

March 16, 2019

Hi! Thanks for your feedback! However, really many merchants appreciate exactly the ease of use and interface of the Printify platform. We would be very glad to hear your thoughts about what exactly could be improved in our interface (please send them to merchantsupport@printify.com). Moreover, we are upgrading our Mockup Generator's interface and functionality in the coming month. Maybe that will fix your feelings about the platform's usability.

Regarding delivery times, t-shirts are currently delivered from the US and UK. That's why it takes some time to get to your customer. If your customers are in Europe, we advise using only a UK print provider. Also, we are connecting more printing facilities in Europe very soon – so, delivery time should significantly improve for t-shirts by this summer.

If you have any additional feedback or need for help, please reach out to merchantsupport@printify.com

Angelus Direct

Right now I am not very happy with them but every day they ask for a review I figured I would finally leave one. We have 10-20 shirt designs we wanted to upload. We chose the person who was not the most expensive as we just assumed it would be okay. We get the first shirt in and it is great. I have people buy shirts and they come in terrible. Cracking paint and a giant square around the artwork a different color than the shirt.

I tell Printify about it and they do actually refund and reprint the shirts. That is fine but then it keeps happening. They then recommend to just switch to a different supplier thats more money for possibly better results. Would it not be intuitive to put maybe a better best category? I assumed the cost was for the speediness of the delivery not the actual quality would be bad.

I am trying a new supplier right now but I think they should be far more clear about the quality control. They told me many are very happy with that supplier but I am wondering how when the quality was so bad on some of them.

They give you this information of the suppliers like they use a "DIGITEX 4000 Top of the line printer" and then another one uses a completely different printer. Am I supposed to know which one of these mean I will get a good quality job?

I hope they add that element then it would easily go up to 5 stars.

March 16, 2019

Hi! Thanks for your feedback! As you wrote, any misprints are reprinted or refunded. Moreover, we are currently investigating how to inform merchants better about expected print quality for each supplier. It's not a secret that the same product fulfillment prices differ for different suppliers because each supplier uses different printers or organizes work differently. We want to give freedom for merchants to choose suppliers.

Not always you need a top-notch printing technology to get a good print result for a simple design – and those $2-3 in price differences can play a huge difference if you have a simple design and you compete with other t-shirt sellers in the low-price segment.

As for now, we always recommend to reach out to merchantsupport@printify.com for advice regarding suppliers.

Munsterandco

The app is well done and easy to use BUTT I ordered a sample to try their products and they were very poor quality and shipping time took 3 weeks~. As well, I received the wrong item. Would not recommend for quality goods delivered on time.

Ranger Candy Coffee

Higher priced then most print on demand apps, and also orders take about 4-5 weeks and customers don’t want to wait weeks for their products.

The Indian Feminist

It's ok but I've had a lot of frustration trying to use their product/mock generator for creating phone cases. If I chose one position/size of an image on say an iphone case it will not be in the same position or even the same size on the samsung case. I've also noticed that even if my image reaches the edge of the phone case template, it will STILL SHOW UP AS IF I DIDN'T COVER IT, LEAVING THE EDGE WHITE!
Such a plan, I am moving over to a different company.

Previous 1 3