Hextom: Quick Announcement Bar

Hextom: Quick Announcement Bar

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.9)
Developer
Hextom
4.9
Edited September 23, 2019

Updated: tried to use the bar to go directly under my navigation menu and it doesn't work. Tried using the option to manually place the bar but noticed it wouldn't show the menu navigation or my pictures (it was on top of everything, even while scrolling).

Sent an email, this is the reponse: "Thanks for contacting Hextom. Our app only supports Top and Bottom placement by default. It’s possible to put it elsewhere using the Manual Placement feature and the associated insertion code, although additional coding may be required.

It’s unfortunately not possible for us to develop a guide for using manual placement, since every combination of theme and position would require a different set of placement instructions.

The Manual Placement feature, and the associated insertion code, are provided to make it possible for merchants and their developers to implement their own customizations. It is recommended to hire a developer for any theme customizations, and to implement any edits on a duplicated copy of your theme.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to let me know.".

So, I can't use this bar the way I need to. I'm using the Debut Theme which already has an announcement bar, I need an additional bar to fit under the navigation menu. Off to find another app.

Original Review:

AWESOME FAST, FREE, AND EASY. Wish there were more apps like this (awesome, fast, free, and easy) in the shopify app store. Hopefully this app doesn't change anything so I won't have to change this review.

Bold Addictions
Time spent using app: About 22 hours
September 19, 2019

When set at the bottom, it floats and doesn't go flush to the bottom on Galaxy S10. Looked for a help link and didn't see any.

Waxistash
Time spent using app: 6 months
Edited September 1, 2019

So far, its been very easy to use. More stars if it helps out my store :D
Might be worth upgrading to a paid plan.

Pet Lovers Prints
Time spent using app: 10 months
July 24, 2019

I just dowloaded free version. Surprise, all the nice looks only come with the paid version. I don't know how this will work as it is nothing like the promotional sample. I haven't even seen the new bar. I think this review was asked a tid bit too early.

Achieve Peak Health
Time spent using app: 13 minutes
June 30, 2019

VERY EASY TO USE. BUT THE APP DOES NOT HAVE MANY OPTION IN STANDARD, IF YOU WANT TO LOOK GOO YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE TO PREMIUM BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS GREAT.

RJL